18” down-firing EGG shaped sub build…

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I thought you were going to at least put some chamfers on there before assembling so that you would have less sanding? Maybe fill with some putty/bondo/something to smooth out a bit first?
My plans fell through.
I'm thinging of trying wood filler. Not sure how that will affect to finish though.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Where the heck are you going to put the speaker terminals??? :confused:
I cut a flat spot into 3 rings in the back. The holes are already drilled. With a 2 inch wall, I was able to drill 1 inch holes 1 inch deap to accomidate the terminal cup, and then drill the rest of the way with a 1/4 inch bit. The wires will just fit though that size hole and make it easier for me to seal on the inside. I want this thing to be air tight.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure if I can move this thing. I may have to move my HT room to the basement.:confused:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
cut a hole in the floor and put it on a riser so it looks like a missle coming up out of a silo :D
I only have 1 1/2 hours before I have to drive to JFK and pick up Wifey. Think I can get that done before she gets home?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Appliance dolly :)

I think the base can handle it, put some heavy duty casters on the bottom :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That's great once it's upstairs. Not so good for climbing the stairs.:eek:
Anyone feel like visiting for a day? :D
With mine, the box alone was about 150lbs. I had wheels on mine, so rolling it around was no problem. Picking it up to put it on and off of the work bench, now that was another story. :eek:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It moves around pretty well being round and all. The stairs are another story. (no pun intended)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Wifey & baby are back...

And they brought the camera.
I will be trying a little sanding today. Don't expect much to get done but it will give me an idea of what I'm in for.

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Here is where the terminals will end up.

Last edited:
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Even if you were to forget the sanding of the sub, you could just simply refer to it as the "Honey Dipper".

Notice the resemblence?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis