DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Please let us know if you are interested in these initial deliveries. We have a limited amount for sale right away – as several of you have already put your orders in place. The limited time introductory pricing is $2995/pair plus shipping. Once this period is over, the normal everyday price will be $3995

Um, what "period" is he talking about. I see no mention of an end date.

At 3K (not including shipping) I don't see the LS-4 being the savior of AV123. Most of the folks who would have bought them have already abandoned the company, and those remaining are the "X" speaker crowd looking for used gear and MFW specials. He'll never get four grand for them when "the period" is over.
Not to mention that once upon a time you could get the LS6's for that price. But now you can get the smaller line source that isn't (a line source). This sounds like a bang up strategy to me! I'm sure there is a line of people just waiting to give VA321 $3k + shipping. :rolleyes:

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
MLS at AV123 said:
When the designer, Danny Richie, first showed us what he could do with Line Source technology we were of course monumentally impressed. We fell in love with the Grace and Ease that these speakers brought to “our house” – but we also knew that not everyone could manage the LS-6 or the LS-9 due to size and/or price constraints. We asked Danny to work on a “smaller scale” Line Source and of course he delivered in spades. The LS-4 was born and we were immediately impressed with its “delivery”.

A certain physical size and driver geometry is necessary to make an LS work – and we have all that and more with the LS-4. This smaller scale Line Source is surely smaller (well under 60 inches – all in) – but only in stature – not in full scale delivery. The LS-4 is ALL THAT and then some. Born from the identical technology – driver choices – crossover makeup and those magical intangibles like cabinet construction and finish techniques – this is a speaker that anyone would be mighty proud to own.

Current LS owners will be ecstatic with the way this LS presents itself. We’ve made some cabinet construction improvements that now allow us to assemble these using a beautiful “rail system” on all of the long vertical radii that ultimately delivers a cabinet that looks incredible – is easier to assemble – and more structurally rigid. Finish details are wonderful, while allowing us an even greater variety of finish levels and choices.

We have all of that built into the “baby LS” along with the new asphalt based dampening system that really has improved the long wall rigidity of these loudspeakers. They are heavy as all get out – but this improved dampening does make a big difference in bass response and clarity in the bottom end. This Baby has it all built in.

The first deliveries are set to begin in just a few weeks time. Cabinets are being started now – and we will have two finish options right out of the gate. They are:

Satin Black
Satin Black – Obsidian Stardust(Sliver Mica-Carbon Fleck)
Piano finish options will come on line in the May/June timeframe for those interested.

Please let us know if you are interested in these initial deliveries. We have a limited amount for sale right away – as several of you have already put your orders in place. The limited time introductory pricing is $2995/pair plus shipping. Once this period is over, the normal everyday price will be $3995

Next month we will unveil our plans for the two Center Channels for this line. We have a smaller Center that will use a Planar Magnetic Tweeter – and the larger Center that will use Planar Magnetic Midranges and a Planar Tweeter to match. More information on these shortly…

Interested in the LS6 or LS9, we have the following finishes available now and ready for shipment in 3-6 weeks:
LS6:
Birds Eye Maple High Gloss, Moho Natural Satin, Rosewood Satin

Factory B stock LS6:
Palisander Rosa High Gloss, Open Box LS6 Palisander Rosa satin

Factory B stock LS9:
Moho Natural Satin
Give the sales department a call or email and pricing will be quoted to you.
We’re excited to welcome The Baby to the LS Line – and we know that this speaker will surely bring a smile to those interested.
With thanks,

The av123 Sales Department[/I]
I bolded a few notable examples of Mark's trademark writing style (random capitalization, unnecessary quotes, familiar hyperbole, including several promised delivery dates (one for product that hasn't even started cabinet assembly, one for product announcements, and some oddly conflicting time frames for special finishes and LS-6/LS-9 shipments). Not being able to post as himself (or as TADG, since that proved to be too blatant a pseudonym) is probably cramping Mark's style, but at last we're still getting a few examples of his familiar marketing lingo.

The interesting question, of course, is how many pages of "oh wow!" and "you da man" posts have been generated by this announcement. A year and a half or so, there would have been three pages within half an hour. I bet it's a lot quieter now.

Um, what "period" is he talking about. I see no mention of an end date.

At 3K (not including shipping) I don't see the LS-4 being the savior of AV123. Most of the folks who would have bought them have already abandoned the company, and those remaining are the "X" speaker crowd looking for used gear and MFW specials. He'll never get four grand for them when "the period" is over.
It's easier to be vague, as you don't have to decide anything now. Plus you can appear ever so generous when you announce that you forced your business partners to abandon the higher price so you can deliver an "extra special" value to your customers... :)

I agree that a chopped-down line source (which could reasonably said to not be an effective line source outside of a limited sweet spot that does not extend above the top of the cabinet) costing $3000 (much less $4000) is not going to be a "bread and butter" product for any company.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
The interesting question, of course, is how many pages of "oh wow!" and "you da man" posts have been generated by this announcement. A year and a half or so, there would have been three pages within half an hour. I bet it's a lot quieter now.
As of right now there's not even a single post about it. The announcement thread of course is locked, but the other LS4 thread is wide open and devoid of any replies to the announcement.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I agree that a chopped-down line source (which could reasonably said to not be an effective line source outside of a limited sweet spot that does not extend above the top of the cabinet) costing $3000 (much less $4000) is not going to be a "bread and butter" product for any company.
What's wrong with stale bread and expired butter? :D ;)

I can think of several speakers I'd jump on at the $3K or $4K level, from a B&M source, too. Hopefully, any potential purchasers will also come to this conclusion also and avoid any major stress or headaches in dealing with VA321.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Not to mention that once upon a time you could get the LS6's for that price. But now you can get the smaller line source that isn't (a line source). This sounds like a bang up strategy to me! I'm sure there is a line of people just waiting to give VA321 $3k + shipping. :rolleyes:
Not a line! A virtual armada of little people are very excited by this.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Hey Jackass (ya, that does feel weird to type that),

Have you cashed the cashiers check yet? While I hope they are good, nothing would surprise me at this point.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I don't think MLS typed that. Might be his words, but it's missing.... one.... important.... aspect of his.... tell.... tail typing style.

Can... you... guess... what... it... is?

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
It always feels weird to read lines like this. Jackass, do you have a first name we can use?
I think that "Mr. Jackass" is appropriate - man deserves that sort of respect for being able to get his money back. :)

M

mziegler

Audioholic
As of right now there's not even a single post about it. The announcement thread of course is locked, but the other LS4 thread is wide open and devoid of any replies to the announcement.
Still no responses. It would be up to 10 pages by now.

One of my last posts there (and I hardly ever posted) was a sarcastic "I want to prepay." That got deleted pretty quickly, but it still lives in the post from someone quoting me who thought I was serious.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I quote only the part I wish to address. Your entire post is spot on, Gonk, especially noteworthy was how you picked apart his prose.

This was the intent of my last postings on av12Guilty, to show that the design was compromised. My absolutely last postings were deleted right before the perma ban, along with many other forum members concerns and observations.

Posting in that thread shows fanboy exuberance, or risks banning. Besides, as was mentioned earlier, potential buyers have bailed.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
Didn't Danny Richie say in his forum that the LS-4 was not a good idea?

J

Jackass

Audiophyte
It always feels weird to read lines like this. Jackass, do you have a first name we can use?
Jackass here, Chris will work as well. When I took that name my dogs name was Jack and my girlfriend was fond of calling me Jackass, which I usually deserved. I still have the dog.

I started leaning on MLS long ago on the forums, told him to "stop jerking us around" back when he could still move the masses with the mention of a future announcement or most recent excuse. Needless to say the crowd didn't take to my criticism to well, Sean even told me to stop reading the forum if I didn't like it. I liked the people on the forum at the time, still do for the most part, but the reaction to my post kinda creeped me out. I still didn't get a real clue for a few more years even though I had friends tell me the guy sounded like a scammer from day one.

Weird thanking you all for supporting my "success" but I definitely do. I got lucky, hopefully Marks luck has run out. I thanked Chu back in my first post and he deserves it, still blows my mind that people would give a **** what your motivations are when dealing with such a scumbag. Chu kept this monster alive but I know that others have stepped up as well and deserve some credit.

Chu, can we get a magnet with the MLS mugshot behing bars, maybe a little quotation like, "Man hugs are not as fun when I'm getting them in the can" (little double entedre)?

As for the cashiers check, after a few moments of stunned disbelief, I drove strait to the bank and cashed the check.

I really hope everyone gets back what they deserve.

Thanks again folks,

Chris

J

JazzySmooth

Enthusiast
Still no responses. It would be up to 10 pages by now.
The update was put in the Announcements section, where only mods are allowed to tread. Must be so many fans disappointed they can't add their "Way to go Mark / TADG / AV123 Sales guy!" sentiments

Didn't the main site used to display the toll free 877 number? All I see is the (303) number now - anyway to save a buck I guess...

Last edited:
M

mziegler

Audioholic
There is an open thread in the speaker section too.

The update was put in the Announcements section, where only mods are allowed to tread. Must be so many fans disappointed they can't add their "Way to go Mark / TADG / AV123 Sales guy!" sentiments

Didn't the main site used to display the toll free 877 number? All I see is the (303) number now - anyway to save a buck I guess...

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Could be and if they did start shredding information that wouldn't be nice. But I think what you're actually seeing is that the forum software is set up such that it limits the number of pages that come up under a search. After all, he's got over 18,000 posts there!

I don't know if you could do a Rico Act thing on them, but when you go back in time and reread a lot of the explanations and excuses they're pretty funny in hindsight. I'm of the mindset is that enough people complain to the BBB (yeah, I know who they represent :D), the AG's consumer protection departments, then maybe this will provide enough impetus for the CO Secretary of State to review their incorporation and revoke their ability to legally run a business in that state.

Hope you're reading all this Mark. You shouldn't have messed with all these people because you're flat out of excuses and that whole 'I take responsibility' line isn't going to win you any more friends. Right now, the legal system is going to ensure you take responsibility. I'll be looking forward to seeing a foreclosure sign eventually. Humbly bumbly and big old man hugs coming your way.

BFF

xoxoxo

Chu
My feeling is the more he lives in fear the better. He has plenty to think to about, plenty to feel guilty for, and plenty to be afraid of. I also think that the problem doesn't begin and end with mark... The unfortunate reality is that they are still trying to salvage this company. These are the same people who enabled mark, who rationalized his misdeeds, who brought in the next sucker, and who helped defraud costumers. They are running this business now.
It's easy to put all the blame on schifter, but I'm begining to think the reality is there was a team of people enabling him, coaching him, advising him, and benifiting from the dishonest behavior. They knew what was going on and they helped rationalize it, explain it, and sucker in more people.
In some ways mark might be the fall guy here... Not that he doesn't deserve everything he gets.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well Chris, if you know the other people who were in the RSL-II program, maybe you can find out if they too got bum checks and if so, get them to post about it here or wherever else it is that you now hang out. I'm figuring there must be others that MLS tried to pull that stunt with and it's important that the word get out.

Now, you want a pic of Shifty behind bars. I'm no photoshop genius but let's start with do you want the original picture or the posterized one? The posterized one that I gave earlier was a parody modeled on that little old guy, Che Guevara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis