DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
If you know where this Jacka$$ dude can be found, give him a heads up on the post I made earlier about ways to get his money back assuming he hasn't already.

D

DOJ

Enthusiast
Might be related...... But I think it's a software update or a config change.
I did a search of the member list based on the number of posts and then did a list all posts by the second highest posting user. Displayed the same number 25 pages, 20 posts per page.
I know I had the second highest posts after MLS ......But I was also deleting posts but that will take forever so I gave up.

A real shame this has turned out the way it has . I truly trusted him and was the First person to be offered the Beta on the Strata Grandes. Glad I never went forward with it.

I am owed nothing from AV123 and hope all who are get what is owed to them.

I can'tunderstand how their are forum members still active over there. They must think this kind of behavier is acceptable. I wonder where they will migrate to when that forum is shut down.

svs_guy

Audiophyte
I can'tunderstand how their are forum members still active over there. They must think this kind of behavier is acceptable. I wonder where they will migrate to when that forum is shut down.

I'm pretty sure most of them found a new "cult leader" and migrated to TCA, based on the interchanges there.

Exact same kind of fanboy "chummy with the boss" behavior as we saw on
av123 for so long.

J

Jackass

Audiophyte
If you know where this Jacka$$ dude can be found, give him a heads up on the post I made earlier about ways to get his money back assuming he hasn't already.
As you can imagine I have been watching this thread closely.

In attempt to move on I had pretty much written off the money MLS stole from me and have been looking for satisfaction in his impending incarceration (I can only hope).

Imagine my suprise when an overnight FedEX envelope shows up at my door a few weeks ago from a lawyer in CO with 3 items- a cashiers check for the money owed to me, a self addressed stamped envelope addressed to the lawyer and a note politely asking me to put the rubber checks MLS sent to me in the envelope and send them back. Funny, I haven't been able to find those checks:rolleyes:;).

I have kept somewhat quiet mostly because I feel a little guilty getting my money back when so many haven't. I'm sure if he had not sent those rubber checks he would have never payed me back. I'm sure a # of laws where broken when he sent me those checks and he is in trouble for more than the charity theft as I have nothing to do with that.

However, it does show that he has some money somewhere and hopefully others will find a way to lean on him enough to get some of it.

Great work Chu.

Jackass

Matt34

Matt34

He's got his lawyer(s) on damage control. Amazing how money comes out of nowhere when it's his *** on the line.

Edit: Glad to hear you got your money back, whatever the means it came by.

Last edited:
N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
He's got his lawyer(s) on damage control. Amazing how money comes out of nowhere when it's his *** on the line.
It's from the garage sale items. $50 for a broken CD player, $25 for a 15 year old subwoofer he found in his basement, 50 cents for RCA cables that came with his DVD player, that stuff really adds up.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Edit: Glad to hear you got your money back, whatever the means it came by.
Glad to hear you got your monies jackass. The lawyer must have realized the serious implications that could possibly occur if you would have notified authorities regarding rubber checks - why else did you receive monies and no one else?

In the end you didn't get Schiftered! :D Congratulations on getting your money back!

PS: Don't feel guilty you got your money back and others have not. Nothing to be ashamed about.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
As you can imagine I have been watching this thread closely.

In attempt to move on I had pretty much written off the money MLS stole from me and have been looking for satisfaction in his impending incarceration (I can only hope).

Imagine my suprise when an overnight FedEX envelope shows up at my door a few weeks ago from a lawyer in CO with 3 items- a cashiers check for the money owed to me, a self addressed stamped envelope addressed to the lawyer and a note politely asking me to put the rubber checks MLS sent to me in the envelope and send them back. Funny, I haven't been able to find those checks:rolleyes:;).

I have kept somewhat quiet mostly because I feel a little guilty getting my money back when so many haven't. I'm sure if he had not sent those rubber checks he would have never payed me back. I'm sure a # of laws where broken when he sent me those checks and he is in trouble for more than the charity theft as I have nothing to do with that.

However, it does show that he has some money somewhere and hopefully others will find a way to lean on him enough to get some of it.

Great work Chu.

Jackass
Congratulations!!! That was quite a surprise, Jackass, and my only guess as to why you got this surprise cashier's check is his lawyers told him that it was bounced checks - >$500 - such you received that were felonies which could definitely earn him some prison time if someone decided to do something about it.

There's no reason for you to have felt guilty and kept quiet. However, I'd like to ask a favor of you. If you're on other websites or perhaps know of other people who got suckered into the RSL-II prepays and got bounced checks as their reward, can you contact them directly or maybe start a thread about your story? You see, you're a success story and the more the word gets out that some folks under certain circumstances (bounced checks for one) received what they were owed, maybe they can post their story about bounced checks. Then point them to this thread where they can take some proactive measures. The only way people are going to get their monies is if we all keep the pressure on. I don't care what he has to sell or where he has to live in order that people are made whole again.

Now, I've got more good news for you Jacka$$. You are now a winner. Of what you say? Well, some time ago, I posted that the first person who got monies back that were over $1000 would receive a magnetic bumper sticker saying they got Schiftered. Now, I'll put anything you want on the magnetic sticker. You can use it as a fridge magnet, you can magnetize your CD's. You can put it on your car. Phuck, I'll even sign it! PM me your address and I'll get it out this week to you. I thought Sean was going to be the first, but you beat him. I guess he'll get the second.

Get the word out about your story and the cancelled checks, Jacka$$. You'll help a lot of people. Even if it's just one, then it's one for us and one less for him. Hope you can find those cancelled checks!

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Hot off the press. Only MLS uses that many quotes:

http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=43778

Introducing the av123 LS-4

Want the benefits of a Line Source, but can’t fit one of our LS-6’s or LS-9’s in your room? We have the solution for you! We are pleased to introduce you to the LS-4!

When the designer, Danny Richie, first showed us what he could do with Line Source technology we were of course monumentally impressed. We fell in love with the Grace and Ease that these speakers brought to “our house” – but we also knew that not everyone could manage the LS-6 or the LS-9 due to size and/or price constraints. We asked Danny to work on a “smaller scale” Line Source and of course he delivered in spades. The LS-4 was born and we were immediately impressed with its “delivery”.

A certain physical size and driver geometry is necessary to make an LS work – and we have all that and more with the LS-4. This smaller scale Line Source is surely smaller (well under 60 inches – all in) – but only in stature – not in full scale delivery. The LS-4 is ALL THAT and then some. Born from the identical technology – driver choices – crossover makeup and those magical intangibles like cabinet construction and finish techniques – this is a speaker that anyone would be mighty proud to own.

Current LS owners will be ecstatic with the way this LS presents itself. We’ve made some cabinet construction improvements that now allow us to assemble these using a beautiful “rail system” on all of the long vertical radii that ultimately delivers a cabinet that looks incredible – is easier to assemble – and more structurally rigid. Finish details are wonderful, while allowing us an even greater variety of finish levels and choices.

We have all of that built into the “baby LS” along with the new asphalt based dampening system that really has improved the long wall rigidity of these loudspeakers. They are heavy as all get out – but this improved dampening does make a big difference in bass response and clarity in the bottom end. This Baby has it all built in.

The first deliveries are set to begin in just a few weeks time. Cabinets are being started now – and we will have two finish options right out of the gate. They are:

Satin Black
Satin Black – Obsidian Stardust(Sliver Mica-Carbon Fleck)
Piano finish options will come on line in the May/June timeframe for those interested.

Please let us know if you are interested in these initial deliveries. We have a limited amount for sale right away – as several of you have already put your orders in place. The limited time introductory pricing is $2995/pair plus shipping. Once this period is over, the normal everyday price will be $3995

Next month we will unveil our plans for the two Center Channels for this line. We have a smaller Center that will use a Planar Magnetic Tweeter – and the larger Center that will use Planar Magnetic Midranges and a Planar Tweeter to match. More information on these shortly…

Interested in the LS6 or LS9, we have the following finishes available now and ready for shipment in 3-6 weeks:
LS6:
Birds Eye Maple High Gloss, Moho Natural Satin, Rosewood Satin

Factory B stock LS6:
Palisander Rosa High Gloss, Open Box LS6 Palisander Rosa satin

Factory B stock LS9:
Moho Natural Satin
Give the sales department a call or email and pricing will be quoted to you.
We’re excited to welcome The Baby to the LS Line – and we know that this speaker will surely bring a smile to those interested.
With thanks,

The av123 Sales Department

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Why would you put words like "delivery" in quotes? Oh yeah, were dealing with TADG err 123 err AV123 Sales . The word delivery doesn't hold the same simple meaning or process (like all competent businesses) with 123 like the consumer actually receiving the product they initially paid for. ;) So when are the RSL II speakers going to be "delivered" - were individuals have already invested their hard earned money into this company? :eek:

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
We've talked about some of the places monies were spent...

by MLS. There's the cars, the watches, the pens, the cameras, the travel, the babes, etc. all the while talking about how the ID model allowed them to cut out the middle man and pass the savings on to you. We all know now that the company was basically raped and unable to fund projects or orders. No matter how much money the company was capable of generating, we had the raffles, the prepays, the store credit, companies not being paid, workers not being paid, suppliers and technical staff not being paid, personal and business loans not being paid, and the list goes on.

So we've got an idea of what MLS spent the monies on. I was browsing through some archives and came across this post in the Unofficial Chicago AV123 Day! from March, 2004. We can see that the reckless spending was not limited to MLS.

Hello Everyone…

Below was my wife’s reply that she asked me to post for her… I’ve had to clean it up in a few places for “a better and more complete understanding” of my wife’s humour…

Below….

++++++++++++++++

Well dear I hope you did get laugh from this… Sorry I missed your phone call (or was it a warning). I tried to call you back, but the phone didn’t capture the number correctly and I think you changed your HKG mobile number (right).

I have to say that it’s been cute reading the flood of email for you to go to Chicago. I could reply to your cronies this way… I wish him a good trip, and here is a chronology (my viewpoint only) of the past few months.

Mark arrives in December from overseas with just enough time to put a suit for the Nutcracker Ballet… he looks great… but he’s tired for sure.

Spent the month of December every night preparing for CES and a 4 day trip to LA to make sure the Design Company did the job right.

Arrived home just in time for Christmas program at church, few days before Christmas. I received the present I wanted, a mink vest. Waited several years for that.

CES drove Pu and Thomas from LA to Las Vegas and back to LA. That put loads of stress on his life and mine, being on the road in a rent a wreck.

Off to China, only to find things not as ready as he had hoped. He’s been gone for so long, not sure he will ever get his place back in our bed. The dogs are a permanent fixtures now.

Well we have high winds, some day this house will be blown to Kansas. Several tile shingles flew off the house, and the family room window on the second story blew out (over the walk-out basement). The window just came of the hinges.

The house is falling apart, simple solution I just brought another one. Between the ranch, this house and Vail… he will never know where to find us. Good luck Honey.

Caddie needs an oil change… The Audi has a dead battery, and you just don’t go to Sears for a diehard on that one…

Solution, I brought a new car!!!! Black and very nice!!!! (VERY EXPENSIVE)… you’ll be surprised (I think) when you finally do come home and find it here… I missed the Mercedes… so, I helped myself. Missed our Anniversary… YOU paid for it.

Valentines Day, was that on the 14?

New grandson, William arrived, Emergency C- section you missed that one Papa.

Our basement (all 2500 sq. feet) is the playground for Madelyn 4 1/2 and Jack, 2 1/2. Remember, they play rough --- markers anyone!

Papa's door to his office has a new mural and his bathroom floor has been creatively re-designed by Jack. He will not be amused. Can anyone say OCD.

Today was the topper, Jack helped himself to the peanut butter. The white lacquer kitchen cabinets received a facial and the rosewood floor has a very nice shine. (He'll love that also).

What do girls like for their birthday? Remember Dear… my birthday is on the 20th. Think Diamonds, LARGE Diamonds...

Well the Diamonds are in Mark's court. I am in NEED of a Heart Diamond necklace. LARGE stones as my eye sight is failing. I think ALLLLLL of you would want me to have the Heart diamond necklace as a small token to remember him by.

Besides don’t you feel better knowing your speakers are QC’ed with a touch of class? Do you remember Green Acres, well that is me picking up after our horses Peanut and Hank (Mark sold T-Bone and I’ll never forgive him for that one).

You all might want to pray the Diamonds are on there way. That week is Spring Break and I had planned a vacation with Mark and Gracie.

It would be nice for Gracie and me to see Chicago, but I cannot go anywhere alone. During the day when I am out here in Colorado the dogs are always with me, and I generally I do not go out at night.

So, how long with this listening session last?

Love to all,

Lynn

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Please let us know if you are interested in these initial deliveries. We have a limited amount for sale right away – as several of you have already put your orders in place. The limited time introductory pricing is $2995/pair plus shipping. Once this period is over, the normal everyday price will be $3995

Um, what "period" is he talking about. I see no mention of an end date.

At 3K (not including shipping) I don't see the LS-4 being the savior of AV123. Most of the folks who would have bought them have already abandoned the company, and those remaining are the "X" speaker crowd looking for used gear and MFW specials. He'll never get four grand for them when "the period" is over.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Why would you put words like "delivery" in quotes? Oh yeah, were dealing with TADG err 123 err AV123 Sales . The word delivery doesn't hold the same simple meaning or process (like all competent businesses) with 123 like the consumer actually receiving the product they initially paid for. ;) So when are the RSL II speakers going to be "delivered" - were individuals have already invested their hard earned money into this company? :eek:
The RSL-II was predicated on work that Arnie Nudell did while he was with Genesis. As far as I know, Arnie, Santiago, Bascom King, and Liederman are no longer involved in any way. The thing is, without Nudell, if an RSL-II is made it will be in name only. You see, important or not, one of Arnie's big things was designing the cabinet such that resonances were 'eliminated' given the frequency range that cabinet would be exposed to. Someday I'll have to write more about this.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hot off the press. Only MLS uses that many quotes:

http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=43778

Introducing the av123 LS-4

Want the benefits of a Line Source, but can’t fit one of our LS-6’s or LS-9’s in your room? We have the solution for you! We are pleased to introduce you to the LS-4!

When the designer, Danny Richie, first showed us what he could do with Line Source technology we were of course monumentally impressed. We fell in love with the Grace and Ease that these speakers brought to “our house” – but we also knew that not everyone could manage the LS-6 or the LS-9 due to size and/or price constraints. We asked Danny to work on a “smaller scale” Line Source and of course he delivered in spades. The LS-4 was born and we were immediately impressed with its “delivery”.

A certain physical size and driver geometry is necessary to make an LS work – and we have all that and more with the LS-4. This smaller scale Line Source is surely smaller (well under 60 inches – all in) – but only in stature – not in full scale delivery. The LS-4 is ALL THAT and then some. Born from the identical technology – driver choices – crossover makeup and those magical intangibles like cabinet construction and finish techniques – this is a speaker that anyone would be mighty proud to own.

Current LS owners will be ecstatic with the way this LS presents itself. We’ve made some cabinet construction improvements that now allow us to assemble these using a beautiful “rail system” on all of the long vertical radii that ultimately delivers a cabinet that looks incredible – is easier to assemble – and more structurally rigid. Finish details are wonderful, while allowing us an even greater variety of finish levels and choices.

We have all of that built into the “baby LS” along with the new asphalt based dampening system that really has improved the long wall rigidity of these loudspeakers. They are heavy as all get out – but this improved dampening does make a big difference in bass response and clarity in the bottom end. This Baby has it all built in.

The first deliveries are set to begin in just a few weeks time. Cabinets are being started now – and we will have two finish options right out of the gate. They are:

Satin Black
Satin Black – Obsidian Stardust(Sliver Mica-Carbon Fleck)
Piano finish options will come on line in the May/June timeframe for those interested.

Next month we will unveil our plans for the two Center Channels for this line. We have a smaller Center that will use a Planar Magnetic Tweeter – and the larger Center that will use Planar Magnetic Midranges and a Planar Tweeter to match. More information on these shortly…

Interested in the LS6 or LS9, we have the following finishes available now and ready for shipment in 3-6 weeks:
LS6:
Birds Eye Maple High Gloss, Moho Natural Satin, Rosewood Satin

Factory B stock LS6:
Palisander Rosa High Gloss, Open Box LS6 Palisander Rosa satin

Factory B stock LS9:
Moho Natural Satin
Give the sales department a call or email and pricing will be quoted to you.
We’re excited to welcome The Baby to the LS Line – and we know that this speaker will surely bring a smile to those interested.
With thanks,

The av123 Sales Department
I will surely smile for sure :rolleyes: ... it would be equivalent to having a dildo shoved up my *** :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis