DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Famous brand receiver sale?

Does anyone know which famous brand and which model they are including in the latest sale... I assume it's a denon something or other....
That sale is about as clear as mud.... I assume they still aren't an authorized seller and that this grey market receiver carries no warranty is that still acurate?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Does anyone know which famous brand and which model they are including in the latest sale... I assume it's a denon something or other....
That sale is about as clear as mud.... I assume they still aren't an authorized seller and that this grey market receiver carries no warranty is that still acurate?
I've gotten conflicting information in the past on this. One is that these are being provided by a distributor that MLS is on good terms with but warranty has to be handled by sending back to Longmont which in turn sends it to the distributor who handles matters. The other is that these are indeed legit sales and you can get warranty outside of Longmont. The way the second story is that Denon really doesn't care how their receivers are sold but they don't want it known that there are some people who will sell a fully warrantied at prices below what their published authorized resellers will.

I have no idea what famous brands, other than Denon are being talked about. Myself, I'd contact the manufacturer and pose the question and use their response to guide me accordingly.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
Myself, I'd contact the manufacturer and pose the question and use their response to guide me accordingly.
That is some pretty piss poor advice if you ask me. I would suggest you re-read the title of this thread. If the warranty question does not become irrelevant, I would suggest you read the title of this thread again, and again, and....until it sinks in. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from AV123.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That is some pretty piss poor advice if you ask me. I would suggest you re-read the title of this thread. If the warranty question does not become irrelevant, I would suggest you read the title of this thread again, and again, and....until it sinks in. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from AV123.
Aye, aye, captain! BTW, I already know what Denon's answer will be if you call them. :D

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
I've gotten conflicting information in the past on this. One is that these are being provided by a distributor that MLS is on good terms with but warranty has to be handled by sending back to Longmont which in turn sends it to the distributor who handles matters. The other is that these are indeed legit sales and you can get warranty outside of Longmont. The way the second story is that Denon really doesn't care how their receivers are sold but they don't want it known that there are some people who will sell a fully warrantied at prices below what their published authorized resellers will.

I have no idea what famous brands, other than Denon are being talked about. Myself, I'd contact the manufacturer and pose the question and use their response to guide me accordingly.

Well it's funny.... Based on their post of a msrp of $1500 and on the asumption that's denon I'd assume that this is a denon 3810ci.

This particular part is available from reputable sellers at around $945 NIB and $650 refurbished according to google products. Av123 is selling a greymarket condition unknown unit for bundled for a price of $1000. Anyone thinking of buying this would be wise to consider that they can do better from an authorized dealer after about 20 seconds of research.

If they are getting it from a distributor and they are not an authorized reseller this might impact the length of coverage. Often this is based on the date of sale from the distributor not based on when this is bought from the suplier (in this case av123). Also if av123 needs to be involved in an rma or a repair request what happens when they are out of business?

I don't think anyone is recomending buying anything from av123... The advice isn't piss poor, it's just advising people av123 is being sketchy as hell about another issue. If a buyer actually contacted denon it's probable they wouldn't be told that av123 is a reputable dealer or an authorized reseller.... This is just another reason not to buy from, rather than something to check before buying from them.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Well it's funny.... Based on their post of a msrp of $1500 and on the asumption that's denon I'd assume that this is a denon 3810ci.

This particular part is available from reputable sellers at around $945 NIB and $650 refurbished according to google products. Av123 is selling a greymarket condition unknown unit for bundled for a price of $1000. Anyone thinking of buying this would be wise to consider that they can do better from an authorized dealer after about 20 seconds of research.

If they are getting it from a distributor and they are not an authorized reseller this might impact the length of coverage. Often this is based on the date of sale from the distributor not based on when this is bought from the suplier (in this case av123). Also if av123 needs to be involved in an rma or a repair request what happens when they are out of business?

I don't think anyone is recomending buying anything from av123... The advice isn't piss poor, it's just advising people av123 is being sketchy as hell about another issue. If a buyer actually contacted denon it's probable they wouldn't be told that av123 is a reputable dealer or an authorized reseller.... This is just another reason not to buy from, rather than something to check before buying from them.
sorry that's a 3310ci and the price on their website is $1050 .... So it's actually a $100 difference assuming it's nib...

S

se-riously2

Audioholic Intern
Equally dismaying is how some folks, who surely know what the deal is, continue to post over at av123 like it is the good old days.
I choose to post when:

a) I have to something to sell because I want to try something else, or
b) I feel I have something to add from my listening experiences.

Thank you.

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
I wrote to Denon CS and asked if av666 is an authorized dealer and provided the link to the av666 post on the sale...

didn't hear anything back :(

(i will never buy denon anyway, just wanted to see what they say; apparently they don't give a ****)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I have emailed Denon in the past regarding product inquries. IIRC they were slow to respond to my email (days or maybe even up to a week...it was a long time ago). What I expect these days is a response within a standard work day (8 hours or less). :p

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I wrote to Denon CS and asked if av666 is an authorized dealer and provided the link to the av666 post on the sale...

didn't hear anything back :(

(i will never buy denon anyway, just wanted to see what they say; apparently they don't give a ****)
I guess Denon's real intention is to ignore the situation and let the sales occur (it looks good for their numbers). Then, if a problem develops with the product, hit the consumer with the "well, you didn't buy from an authorized source, so we can't honor your warranty" response.

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
yep - I agree.
denon = overpriced overhyped and mediocre stuff nowadays, just riding on the name that did had decent mid and even high-end products during the late 80's and 90's...
like a lot of other brands, they just caved to the demand of HT multi channel stuff, and neglected real, music oriented audio segement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis