Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't mean dirty in a bad way,hell my wife's dirty well more like nasty:D and that's why I married her. Well like my mother use to say a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.:D

majorloser

majorloser

What can I say... between the song, the monkey, the dog and the "dancer" I figured it fits in with this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tool Boring

At my local pawn shop I found an irresistable deal on one of those DeWalt 'suitcase' things full of battery operated tools for $120. It's all 18 Volt XRP. I already have the Drill and vacuum with 3 batteries. This acquisition adds a sawzall, 6-1/2" circular saw, hammer drill and flashlight to the deal but only comes with 1 battery. That's not a detractor for me.

Now that I got to bragging about my score, I realized that this stuff takes lithium ion batteries. Everything works with the regular battery that comes with it but I did notice that the base of the tool has a different shape than the base of the battery. Now I know why. Those lithium ion batteries are expensive and there really are no deals there. They are just nice because of their low weight but I'm gonna be fine with my Frankenstein batteries.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw a commercial for a product who's name ends in "2000." Yeah, that used to mean that it was new and futuristic, but it seems like they should pick a larger number now...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
(stolen) innuendo.
Innuendo - An innuendo is, according to the Advanced Oxford Learner's Dictionary, "an indirect remark about somebody or something, usually suggesting something bad or rude; the use of remarks like this: innuendoes about her private life or The song is full of sexual innuendo." The word is often used to express disapproval.[1]

An innuendo is a baseless invention of thoughts or ideas. It can also be a remark or question, typically disparaging (also called insinuation), that works obliquely by allusion. In the latter sense, the intention is often to insult or accuse someone in such a way that one's words, taken literally, are innocent.

The term sexual innuendo has acquired a specific meaning, namely that of a "risque" double entendre by playing on a possibly sexual interpretation of an otherwise innocent uttering.

For example, if you were playing billiards, you might say "hold my balls", meaning the pool balls, but that can also have a sexual innuendo to it (ie. the scrotum).

Innuendo - Adam's word of the week..

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, for use of the word, I think that it was Doug's fingers that caused the large and sudden rise.

innuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis