DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
BTW, I haven't forgotten about the other thing Randy. You see, I've been sick and had to pick up some friends at the airport while entertaining guests from The Isles of Langerhans all the while worrying about a friend who was run over by a bus and hearing they used Plaster of Pakistan instead of Plaster of Paris. It's been a tough week!

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
BTW, I haven't forgotten about the other thing Randy. You see, I've been sick and had to pick up some friends at the airport while entertaining guests from The Isles of Langerhans all the while worrying about a friend who was run over by a bus and hearing they used Plaster of Pakistan instead of Plaster of Paris. It's been a tough week!
Well, all very reasonable excuses:D Of course, we need you 101% maybe even 102%.

Matt34

Matt34

The forum administrator "resigned" over there.

To say that I am pissed off about this is an understatement..as well you know by our phone conversation on which the connection was lost..? I also know that as CEO of this company many folks come to you and convince you to do things you shouldn't do..like go back on your word for starters, not only to those you posted the above to..but to me directly as well..I have a feeling.. that to those individuals there..expedience and profit means more to them than what has transpired here in public view and in private with you and me..

Until you come to realize with all of the negative things that has been said about you and your company that you can no longer afford to continue making promises you don't intend on keeping,along with saying your going to or have changed..then fall back into the same old self defeating routine again..

With that..I here by resign as your forum administrator..I wish only the best for you and AV123..and hope one day you realize you can never be helped..as long as you refuse to be allowed to be helped..

Mac
I think the original thread was deleted but Mac saved it on another forum.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
The forum administrator "resigned" over there.

I think the original thread was deleted but Mac saved it on another forum.
WOW! I thought Mac was one of the devout faithful! :eek:

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
So someone voluntarily (un-remunerated I bet?) helps them with their forum for what, weeks? Months? And they have the decency to delete his farewell message? Classy!

Did he say what the issues were? At this point, I don't see why he should refrain...

Soundman

Soundman

Oh boy...looks like MLS is at it again. I received an email yesterday from AV123. Looks like another special. Actually, it seems like there is a new one every few days. Here's what it said:

Rocketing Into Labor Day

There are not alot of words that really any of us need to describe our Rockets. For over 8 years now the Rockets have been a product group that simply defies description. I'll try... Beautiful-Majestic-Rich and Commanding yet Graceful

That's how they look-how do they sound?
Big-Vibrant-Open-Powerful yet Accessible
They are all that and more sound-wise...In fact, I honestly believe that more people agree about Rockets than any other product we build. The unanimity of voice that we hear about with respect to our Rockets is really rather incredible. People just love them...

We have a new shipment of Rockets that are set to arrive on September 21st here in Denver. We are of course very happy that our container is finally about to be here- and our factory trying to make up to us for the long delays surprised us by sending 2X containers-yep-a double shipment. Whew...

This comes at an interesting time as we are really pressed hard for space as we are getting ready to do more QA/QC and actual building of Finished Goods Inventory at our own facility. So- I have decided to run a special in advance of their arrival-and we'll give You some options for booking these specials and variants.

Here's what we are going to run... Rocket RS850 / RSC200 / RS450
$1699 for pre-payment (pay now-shipment to follow on or about September 23rd)
$1999 for payment the night before this ships (no pre-pay- just pay us the night before they ship)
Add a pair of ELT 525 Monitors in Rosewood $100
Add a beautiful Rosewood MFW-15 $599 pre-paid or $699 for payment the night before shipment
Based on what I've heard through this thread. Wait until they are in stock before purchasing, or just don't buy them at all. Thought I should put this out there. When I saw this, it just looked way too familiar. :eek:

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
The issue was that the company had stated they would not do any more pre-payment deals, and Mac and MLS had both posted as much in the same thread very recently. Then MLS posted that they were going to have a pre-payment deal on a Rocket package. Mac had apparently made clear to MLS previously that he felt it was important to make a promise and stick to it - that pre-pay deals needed to stop and stay that way - and when MLS went back on that promise it was the last straw for Mac.

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
For any interested...

I contacted Colorado's Attorney Generals Office about Mark Schifter's non-response in refunding money on my pre-purchase of dual bmf's. Although gift certificates were purchased, they were in the exact amount of the bmf's with shipping. I also have saved emails from Sean, which tells you how old this is, regarding the purchase. And as everyone probably knows by now, the BMF isn't happening.

So I was made aware of something in the Colorado Consumer Protection Act...

(VI) Accepting a deposit for the goods, property, or services and subsequently switching the purchase order to higher-priced goods, property, or services; or
(VII) Failure to make deliveries of the goods, property, or services within a reasonable time or to make a refund therefor;

Although I do not live in Colorado, I was told that this still applies to me. I know I'm not the only one being jerked around by MLS and his shady business practices.

Please PM me if you are in a similar situation.

thank you,

Joe

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
anybody taking bets that rocket shipment will be delayed for some reason?

S

stevo238

Banned
For any interested...

I contacted Colorado's Attorney Generals Office about Mark Schifter's non-response in refunding money on my pre-purchase of dual bmf's. Although gift certificates were purchased, they were in the exact amount of the bmf's with shipping. I also have saved emails from Sean, which tells you how old this is, regarding the purchase. And as everyone probably knows by now, the BMF isn't happening.

So I was made aware of something in the Colorado Consumer Protection Act...

(VI) Accepting a deposit for the goods, property, or services and subsequently switching the purchase order to higher-priced goods, property, or services; or
(VII) Failure to make deliveries of the goods, property, or services within a reasonable time or to make a refund therefor;

Although I do not live in Colorado, I was told that this still applies to me. I know I'm not the only one being jerked around by MLS and his shady business practices.

Please PM me if you are in a similar situation.

thank you,

Joe
So Joe, did the AG's office offer any advice or help in going after Shifter? Did they recommend a group action?

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
I think MLS is had decided to accept pre-payment for this "deal" so that he can can as many people into the package as possible, and since the "boat is in the water", he has a bill of good, knows what he is getting, and presumably when it will arrive. All things aside, this seems like an "O.K." thing, with little risk and (to me at least) seems quite different from the prepay deals that were problematic in the past. I.E. prepay for yet to be produced product. I just hope he does not mess this one up too. :eek:

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Mark has told us a boat was on the water before when it turned out it was not. Of course he blamed it on a miscommunication, but I would bet that the boat is not on the water and that money for prepay is needed to allow that boat to be put on the water. I could be wrong as I am just speculating right now, but regardless it would be foolish to believe a word he says.

Again, everybody needs to judge this man on his actions and not his words. He sounds sincere, but turn that off and just focus on what he does. Its not pretty at all when you remove his adoring and loving prose.

Matt34

Matt34

I think MLS is had decided to accept pre-payment for this "deal" so that he can can as many people into the package as possible, and since the "boat is in the water", he has a bill of good, knows what he is getting, and presumably when it will arrive. All things aside, this seems like an "O.K." thing, with little risk and (to me at least) seems quite different from the prepay deals that were problematic in the past. I.E. prepay for yet to be produced product. I just hope he does not mess this one up too. :eek:
This is exactly like his deals in the past that have gotten messed up. One excuse was the container was on customs hold (stuck at the port). Taking his word on anything is a huge leap of faith ie. "the boat is in the water".

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I was just talking to an ex-coworker friend of mine. In the early 90's, he and I were both pre-sales technical analysts for a large technology company.

The regional sales manager and sales reps used to love customers that believed their every word..right or wrong. Those types of customers were fondly known as "stupid people". As pre-sales analysts, when we knew the customer was told something wrong, we would have to report it to cover our own asses.

MLS caters to those same types of customers.

Again, everybody needs to judge this man on his actions and not his words. He sounds sincere, but turn that off and just focus on what he does. Its not pretty at all when you remove his adoring and loving prose.
Right Jed. The best thing you have to judge a company is its track record....plain and simple.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
We have a new shipment of Rockets that are set to arrive on September 21st here in Denver. We are of course very happy that our container is finally about to be here- and our factory trying to make up to us for the long delays surprised us by sending 2X containers-yep-a double shipment. Whew...
The delays are a result of not being able to pony up the cash needed to both manufacture and ship the speakers. And as to the factory surpising them by sending more than was ordered, only a newbie or a died in the wool AV123 borg would buy that line of shite.

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
I'll provide more info when I get off from work.

I agree with judging someone not on what they say, but what they actually do.

I started wondering if closing the forums was a way for MLS to hide all the promises he has made to people?

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I started wondering if closing the forums was a way for MLS to hide all the promises he has made to people?
Absolutely. From the moment it happened, I saw the closing of the forum as a way to eliminate the most direct and public method of communication for people who were owed money (mostly refunds), products (UFW-12 HR, LS-9, pre-pays, replacement sub amps, etc.), or information on theft from raffles. I assumed that it would stay closed until all of those issues were completely resolved. When it re-opened before the UFW-12 HR was launched, before the pre-purchased LS-9's were all shipped, before several large refunds were repaid, and before the raffles were resolved at all, I was pretty confused. Near as I can tell, they felt that they needed to reclaim their best platform for using MLS's charisma to generate business, and they decided that they could heavily moderate (delete any questions about raffles or refunds, mostly) so they could have their cake and eat it too. As solutions go, it's pretty terrible, and I've told MLS as much in an email. Still, it seems to be what they've chosen to do...

Soundman

Soundman

The delays are a result of not being able to pony up the cash needed to both manufacture and ship the speakers. And as to the factory surpising them by sending more than was ordered, only a newbie or a died in the wool AV123 borg would buy that line of shite.
Oh Man...:rolleyes:

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Absolutely. From the moment it happened, I saw the closing of the forum as a way to eliminate the most direct and public method of communication for people who were owed money (mostly refunds), products (UFW-12 HR, LS-9, pre-pays, replacement sub amps, etc.), or information on theft from raffles. I assumed that it would stay closed until all of those issues were completely resolved. When it re-opened before the UFW-12 HR was launched, before the pre-purchased LS-9's were all shipped, before several large refunds were repaid, and before the raffles were resolved at all, I was pretty confused. Near as I can tell, they felt that they needed to reclaim their best platform for using MLS's charisma to generate business, and they decided that they could heavily moderate (delete any questions about raffles or refunds, mostly) so they could have their cake and eat it too. As solutions go, it's pretty terrible, and I've told MLS as much in an email. Still, it seems to be what they've chosen to do...
Wait a sec.... I must be out of the loop man!! :confused:

I did not read all the 100+ pages, but even people got shafted on the raffles? I remember putting money into those.

Not saying anything negative, but I get lots and lots of e-mails from AVS on sales right now. Should they not be trusted? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis