Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I am gonna have to hold off on the new ps3 because my old truck needs some work before i get a new inspection sticker. I think christmas is a good time for a new ps3:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Christmas is nice, isn't it?

I forgot that I should have a new Netflix blu-ray in my mailbox. I should go get that...

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
just remember you will have to buy a few games with that ps3 that will add too the cost of it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
just remember you will have to buy a few games with that ps3 that will add too the cost of it.
Very true. But I really only have one PC game (CoD), so I'm pretty much in the same boat there.

It's too bad that Netflix doesn't have games (maybe they do and I haven't seen it).

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
If you have a blockbuster account I think they let you rent games and Keep them as long as you want.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like it...but I don't do it very often. :)

I've got my eye on the EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX260. Is that a good one?
I missed out on all of this geek talk. I recently got a new card and have been building PCs for people since about 2000, so I keep up very well on the stuff. The GTX200 series NVIDIA cards won't fit in my case so I was forced to go ATI even though I prefer NVIDIA. That said, I am very happy with my recently purchased (May-region) ATI HD4890, and it will out-perform the GTX260 for less moneys. The HD4890 competes directly with the GTX275, and last time I checked the ATI was a bit less expensive, but more importantly, about an inch shorter, allowing me barely enough clearance to plug in the power cords - which are poorly placed on the end of the ATI card but better placed on the side of the NVIDIA card. Now, since the 4890 is barely different than the 4870, but about $60-$75 cheaper, in your case I could easily recommend that, as it performs right with the GTX280, and you are looking at something like $145 for a good one (XFX) with a lifetime warranty.

My Corsair power supply is 620W and works fantastically, and I think the 520W would work as well, but I wouldn't go much lower than that. Corsair PSUs are made by Seasonic, who make some of the best, quietest ones around. Another nice thing about them is that they have lifetime replacement warranties, if you ever have a problem. Newegg is the best place to get the video card but the PSU can sometimes be found cheaper elsewhere.

You should be able to do the upgrade for quite a bit less than $300...

EDIT: There is a sale on Newegg for Corsair PSUs at the moment, which will last for approximately 3.5 more hours, and there are some pretty good deals in there. As an example, if you got the 4870 and the CMPSU-550, you are looking at $235 before rebate and $205 after rebate...

EDIT 2: I just realized I am actually doing my best to talk you out of considering a PS3 because I hate Sony, but my advice still stands. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm also tempted by the Harmony One remote. It's just so darn pretty.
...and since they just released the RF version of the One (the 900), maybe they will drop the price on the One a little in the next few months. It is a handy remote for sure.

EDIT: You could also always wait for the Harmony 700...

Last edited:
njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
my coffee is almost empty

My coffee is almost empty and getting cold. Adam can't you impart some of your "overlord" power to warm it up or should I just set it in front of the plasma ?

By the way, I replaced the digital clock you didn't like in front of my HT plasma with a binary one. It has blue LEDs and three levels of intensity; I usually leave it on bright :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My coffee is almost empty and getting cold. Adam can't you impart some of your "overlord" power to warm it up or should I just set it in front of the plasma ?
If it's not warm now, then my powers are too weak.

By the way, I replaced the digital clock you didn't like in front of my HT plasma with a binary one. It has blue LEDs and three levels of intensity; I usually leave it on bright :rolleyes:
"njedpx3" - I'm embarrassed that it took me this long to crack that. :eek: :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I believe that I'm going to order some Papa John's after I get cleaned up.

Some pizza, some Supernatural on blu-ray...a nice Sunday, indeed. :)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
the amazing powers of bing an overlord

If it's not warm now, then my powers are too weak.

"njedpx3" - I'm embarrassed that it took me this long to crack that. :eek: :D
Aren't overlord powers amazing ;) :D ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I ate half of a large pizza for lunch. Alex would be so disappointed in me.

"You only ate HALF?! I hope that you washed it down with a 48oz steak, you little wuss boy."

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Drinking dinner right now and watching nhra qualifying from indy. I do have a bacon rapped filet mignon and some steak freedon fries coming later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis