Enter to Win: Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to one (1) pair of Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers to one (1) eligible forum member! The speakers are available in Gloss Black or Medium Cherry (winner's choice). At $199 each, this contest represents a $400 value!

Check out the Engadget review.

Features:
  • Dual 1” audiophile grade silk-dome tweeters
  • 4” Woven-fiberglass woofer
  • Seamless magnetic grill
  • Anti-resonant cabinet
  • Included wall mounting brackets
  • Furniture-grade finish
  • Ten Year Warranty
  • 30-Day No-Risk In-Home Audition
  • FREE SHIPPING - a $28 value per pair
  • FREE lifetime customer support

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

Note this contest ends on September 30th, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup

No good solution at this point. Currently use a iPod dock at work for the transfer of my digital music. I would like to network into my living room from the home office computer. I have Ethernet throughout the house, so could go either wired or wireless.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Currently have no solution. :cool:

I have several systems that just play independently.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
In my HT, my PS3 is pulling data from my media server. Right now, I don't have a good solution for other areas outside of my computer room.

I really want a combination media-center client (like my playstation) and something that I can push-stream music to (so I could use an applet on my PC to put the same music to every room).

Ideally, it would pull album and list information from a central source, and would integrate with remotes (like the iphone) in a way that would allow me to use play-lists and browse by album art, etc from the remote.

There are a few present systems that are close, and I'm saving my pennies.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Homer Server Solution

I currently have a home server that I built (see sig) that host all my content for the entire house through Windows SMB shares. It also doubles as my workstation and is on 24/7. Currently equipped with..

Quad core Intel Q6600@3GHz
Asus P5Q Pro
8GB OCZ DDR800 memory
ATI HD4870 1GB GPU
2x Super Talent 36GB SSD Drives for the OS and applications
HighPoint RR 2320 RAID controller
8x 1.5 TB Seagate Drives in RAID5 for media and data storage of 10.5TB
2x 256GB Western Digital SATA drives for working files and encoding

The server is connected to my internal home network that is both wired and wireless. The wired network is served up via an HP ProCurve Gigbit Switch. The wireless network is a G network that is hosted by a Linksys WRT-GS router/AP that is running Tomato Firmware. I plan on upgrading to wireless N with Beamforming in the furure from Ruckus Wireless.

I used to stream everything to 2 PC's, one in the main H/T room and one upstairs in the master bedroom. A few months back I purchased my first NMT device and instantly fell in love with its ease of use, functionality, and massive format and playback support. I have since retired the HTPC and other PC. I would not that music and videos are streamable to any wireless device as well over the G network that reaches about 1.5 blocks from my house. So its very nice for cookouts and such as I just bring the laptop outside and hook it up to the stereo in the garage.

I currently have 3 such devices...
Egreat EG-M34A
Mvix Ultio (Which is by far my least favorite and may not be in my posession much longer)
Pocorn Hour C-200

I am able to stream my content to these 3 devices flawlessly. My library consists of over 600 HD movies and probably 30k songs. My movies are either encoded to x264 and stored in the .mkv container or they are .mt2s files. Once the movies are encoded there is no need for any DVD's, HDDVD's, or BluRay's to ever leave their cases which is extremely nice.

My music is also a collection of either high bitrate mp3's or FLAC. I also use the NMT devices for audio playback and they work very well.

I am also able to stream my entire music library anywhere else that has an internet connection, IE, work, school, vacation, Starbucks....with an incredibly handy app that I found some time ago called Simplify Media This comes in very very handy as it dissolves the hassle of letting people borrow yout content. You can share your entire music collection with up to 30 other people simultaneously. So my girlfriend at work, friends at home, and myself can playback my content at the same time.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I mainly use my Apple airport to wirelessly stream music from my laptop. The airport is connected to my receiver via Toslink.

I

iceshooter16

Enthusiast
I currently have everything wireless streaming from a media center PC to all of my devices that can connect to it. My main device, though, is my ps3 in my living room.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I use an external DAC to connect my PC to my reciever. Pretty close to an ideal setup for me as far as music is concerned. A little improvement to the USB interface would be perfect.

S

SRR

Audioholic Intern
Portable and Wired. Portable with a Sansa View and Fuze. Wired with a DirecTV box that plays stuff both upstairs and down, using its network playback features from my main computer's MyMusic folder. DirecTV, would be perfect IF it could playback .wav .flac and .ogg. But last time I checked in my system it only played .mp3's.

browninggold

browninggold

Junior Audioholic
Wireless

Using comcast high speed with a Linksys wireless G router. Have a x-box 360 where I can stream music from my computer or just plug in my zune to the 360. 360 is a very good media center for streaming matarial.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

Currently running FLAC from Vista-based PC via USB to a CARAT-TOPAZ USB DAC then on to Virtue ONE amp in my 2 channel/office setting.

In HT I use a WDTV media player with external hard drive running to my AVR via optical connection (iirc).

I would like to have capability to stream music wirlessly all over the house, but it needs to be simple and relatively cheap.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

Answer: My mp3s are stored on two places -- an iPod, and more recently, a 1 TB external hard drive. The iPod is connected to my receiver using wires going from the headphone jack of the iPod to the red and white of the receiver. Now that I have the external hard drive, I connect that via USB cable to my BD player. So . . . wires for me.

I'm still looking for a better solution. Now that I've gotten rid of my desktop PC and have a laptop, there's less computer space for a mountain of mp3s on my internal hard drive. So leaving all the mp3s on the laptop isn't necessarily the perfect solution. Having the iPod connected to the receiver seems to be the easiest solution, although having the external hard drive connected to the BD player yields more music.

Ideally solution: I would have a "box" that would house all my digital music files. This box could sit anywhere in my house, and would be connected wirelessly to my receiver. I have no idea if such a thing exists, but it would sure come in handy!

writing from my residence in Buffalo,
supervij

G

gholt

Full Audioholic

Right now, the whole house is set up for wired. But, as the speakers are not there yet, I just have to use an ipod dock in the different areas with a portable stero. I just haven't gotten the time to put the speakers and the volume controls in. so, I would like to know of a better solution.

I think the perfect setup would be to have the speakers wired to the amp, and have the music wirelessly controlled whever you are.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Currently, I have a few different setups for listening to my digital music.

In the spare room/office, I listen to my collection of FLAC/MP3 via my PC connected to a TCA Gizmo amp. I'm currently looking into DAC options to connect this setup via USB instead of RCA.

In my living room, when desired, I connect my Sansa clip, Ipod, or laptop to my AVR (via 1/8" mini -> RCA). This works ok for the MP3 players, but is lousy SQ for the laptop. Again, I'm exploring DAC options as a way to bypass the laptops onboard sound card. Something else I am looking into is the Audioengine AW1 wireless option.

Lastly, I have a set of Ipod speakers (Edison Watt iStorm) in the kitchen that sound decent and do the job well enough for now.

Ultimately, I'm still searching for a more ideal way of setting things up. Squeezebox is something else I have considered.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
Answer:

My BD player has USB inputs for MP3 playback.

I also have a computer that is connected to my HT that also acts as a media server.

I do not use any portable devices for home listening.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
ipod now, But I will be looking for a better way jn the not too distant future.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic

Currently, we have three real systems capable of playing their own digital music (my main rig detailed in the signature below, my boys' XBox 360 rig that's a small, 2001-vintage 5.1 Onkyo AVR with a 5.1 HK sub-sat arrangement, and my 30-year-old stereo Sansui receiver that has a Sony CD carousel and "vintage" Mirage speakers).

My wife likes to stream music off the home PC over its crappy plastic speakers as well.

Ideal system? I presume this is a money is no object system then... Hmmmm, well, I'd want in-wall or in-ceiling speakers for most rooms. But, I'd want these speakers to be easily re-locatable in case we want to re-arrange the furniture. I'd want 5.1 set-ups in all rooms and a digital audio server that can deal out 5.1 SACD-quality or Blu-Ray uncompressed audio data to each room.

Geez, I could go on and on, but I guess I'll stop at saying I'd want to be able to access the audio library from a cell phone (iPhone, Crackberry, or iPod Touch), and it'd have to have a super easy user interface.

All the things like MCACC or Audyssey are expected in it too.

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
I have an A/V receiver connected to my home network via Powerline network adaptors. It works very well.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I use the ps3 in the home theater, and through pc's with speakers through the other areas. My "perfect" setup would be new flat panel tv's in every room, each connected to a ps3 slim.... :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Currently have no solution. :cool:

I have several systems that just play independently.
The perfect system would send a wireless signal to any or all of my separate systems and let me choose what source I want from each system independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis