Enter to Win: Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nelly

Audiophyte
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

Music comes from either the iPod or Ps3 connected to an Onkyo receiver wired to a pair of polk bookshelf speakers. A perfect setup would probably include high quality wireless speakers that can easily be moved and mounted and not limited to a single source.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

I have a couple of setups. Digital music from my HT computer is routed through my Rotel processor in the family room. My wife's Ipod is hooked into a small IHome boombox which we keep in the kitchen.

My perfect setup would be a full house, every room setup based out of my processor so I could run everything through it. I also wouldn't mind having the new B&W Mini Zepplin for portable Ipod playing.

B

Bull58

Audiophyte
No solution yet. I'm still looking at different options for some kind of wireless system with good SQ

P

PowerGuyMark

Audiophyte
Contest Question Answer Submission:

I'm exploring multi-room solutions. (none installed yet). Outdated Building Codes typically still require phone prewiring. Seems like existing, unused phone jacks could be retro-fitted to allow mulitroom - that would be my current "ideal" solution.

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern

Currently family room and living room dining room hard wired via an Escient server. "Sneaker net" to Ipod dock in bedroom and upstairs office. Trying to come up with a solution to feed Escient to patio area.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic

I'm still looking for a solution to implement. My main room has my pc connected right to the TV and receiver. To get the music anywhere else it has to be through a laptop wirelessly, I used to use a wireless dvd player to stream music from the pc, until the dvd player stopped working.

I would like to have a simple pc hard wired in the main listening areas that could be used to stream audio and video from a server. Would be used through the tv and receiver, much like my main listening room now.

T

tuneitin436

Audiophyte
Yamaha NS-30T

Have a set of these speakers. Wondering if anyone has any insight into the creditabilty of them. Be nice, Im new and just trying to get my feet wet.. thk

S

sterryo

Enthusiast

1. i use media server (ps3) or pc's running windows media player.

2. home is wireless "n" based

3. just re-doing setup, on order is an Onkyo tx-nr1007 and 9 ED speaker also use 2 ED a2-300 subs and a pair of Streem bi-poles surrounds all setup into a 11.2 system. video is handles by a 42" visio plasma or 92" screen and a sanyo z-2000 projector. sources include my oppo bdp-83 blu and vipr 722 dish

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic

I only have one listening area.
I can't afford to put an excellent solution in every room.
A "perfect" setup would be a new house pre-wired with excellent speakers in every room and a switching mechanism which allowed any source in any room.

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
I ran an ethernet cable from my router to my living room and then put a media center extender near the tv. I listen to SOME of my music and recorded shows using the windows media center.

O

ophiacus

Enthusiast
Current: I am currently networked to an Apple Mac Mini via a wired (cat 6e) connection. I was fortunate that the builder ran a conduit from the attic to basement, making the wire much easier to run. My router (located in my office) is connected to a new Pioneer Elite SC25 which allows me to access my MP3 collection as well as internet radio stations. I have not been able to get Sirius to work via the internet (not sure why?). In addition, I have a separate cat 6e cable going to a PS3 that allows me to view pictures and 200+ movies stored on my external HD, connected to the Apple.

Future: I currently have access to all of my media. However, I have to go to several locations to get to it with several devices. At one point, I was accomplishing the same task with the PS3 via a wireless connection but it would periodically get "hung up" and pause movie playback.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? MP3 player.
Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? It is wired but would like a wireless system
Please describe your current and "perfect" setup. A system that would automatically sense that my digital player is in the area using a communication protocal like bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis