Enter to Win: Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

It's all wired, but I'm thinking about investigating going wireless. Never got into portable, but probably should.

Current setup?.....computer wired to integrated amp to speakers.

Perfect setup?.....all wireless from all music sources to all music players.

anirban.basu7

Audiophyte
Curently we have a Samsung DVD player and Samsung LCD TV and we do not have any home theater system, but i am looking for one now.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
How are you getting your digital music to the listening areas of your home?

Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

I currently don’t have a digital music solution beyond my straightforward yet old-fashioned CD playback. However, I am looking for a “perfect” solution, one that combines an Internet-connected wireless server on a stable, user-friendly operating platform and an up-to-date, home theater receiver with all the available loss-less digital audio decoding codecs and latest inputs/outputs (e.g., HDMI 1.4). This solution would be module-based and firmware upgradeable (“future proof”) and therefore have universal digital applicability. This end-all-be-all solution could serve as the flagship statement of an audio-video manufacturer’s lineup.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
I currently use a Squeezebox Classic connected via analog and digital cables to my Denon receiver in the family room. The Squeezebox is in turn receives flac and mp3 files using a wireless connection to the upstairs PC.
My "dream" setup would entail multiple zones of speakers in the house able to receive separate music files at the same time from the same central source.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I have a conventional 7.1 home theater in my great room. My digital music is all on CDs right now. The family won't let me listen to CDs on the 7.1 system (via upconverting DVD player) because they don't like my music. On rare occasions the family is gone and I play CDs on the 7.1.

I usually listen to CDs in the bedroom on a battery-powered portable DVD player with a good set of headphones. I also use the CDs in the car in a factory 6-CD changer. I probably have 400 CDs and I have not found a compelling reason for me to switch to current digital formats. I do have about 10 MP3 CDs which I use in the car. I have read there are lossless formats that can be used, but I really haven't felt the need to investigate much further.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I am currently using a PS3 to stream from my home computer via hardwire. My ideal would be an HTPC, but not the time for a new PC build, so I am satisfied with my current situation.

Mike

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
I used to just plag a laptop's audio out into my receiver. I was hoping for an update date 9-9-09 for the apple TV - I was going to pull the trigger and go that route because I like the itunes interface, library, and abiity to use our iphones as wifi remote controls.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I use ethernet cable to my AVR. All my music is loaded on my CPU in WAV files. Zone 1 is my main system, zone two goes through NILES control system and is in my bedroom, zone 3 goes to my patio and uses a basic outboard amp and the 2nd remote from my Denon 3808.

I am not looking for a better set up at this time.

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

I'm using my mp3 player (30gb toshiba gigabeat) with a 3.5mm to rca cable connected to my Sony receiver. Much of my digital collection is either ripped to flac lossless files or as 256kbps or better mp3 files. My perfect setup would be something with a better cable situation for starters---I think my current cable cost $5 and is getting a little old. I'd also like to have more control over my music---I have no remote control to run through the gigabeat, so I either make playlists, play entire albums or collections or just deal with the random shuffle. lastly, i think I would prefer a permanent, music only solution, no laptop or HTPC. Something like the Escient Fireball 400gb and a nice DAC would be ideal, but the price is a bit of an impediment right now.

T

tonydahose

Audioholic Intern

my current digital music is coming from my IPOD to rca jacks to my sony receiver. i would like a wirless setup but haven't got a clue on how to do it and with what items to make it happen, i am hoping to learn by alot of reading on this forum:eek:

D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
I use a 3.5mm to 2 rca cord that I use to hook up my mp3 player or laptop to my sound system. I have an hdmi out on my computer but have not and probably won't upgrade my receiver for awhile. I hate to think I'm pushing to the side a great receiver just because hdmi finally caught up. I would like it if you could turn a hdmi signal into a 7 channel rca output.

B

bongobob

Audioholic
Meizu portable media player (like an Ipod) playing FLAC files. 3.5mm stereo to dual RCA adaptor into aux in on my Yammie. Works great for what it is!

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I use a xbox to stream music to the living room and a mp3 player to get it into the kitchen. I would love to have keypads in the wall with speakers in each room that could get sound from anywhere I wanted.

A

Amherst

Audioholic Intern
Digital Music

All music I have saved is on my home computer server and used to burn to CD. I have great interest in the new networked receivers so I can expand and play my collection directly.

CodeWeaver

CodeWeaver

Audiophyte
I store all my Music (Mp3 & Ogg) on a Linux-based fileserver. I then stream it to various devices throughout the house via ethernet or WiFi:
  • Computer(s) - Wired
  • Laptop - Wired or Wireless
  • Playstation 3 - Wired
  • Soon - Reciever (Onkyo TX-NR807) - Wired

Inkelis

Inkelis

Audiophyte

Answer: I'm currently using my Ps3 Slim for all my music needs, it works great for my game room and living room. I might consider getting a Ipod for the other areas of the house.

C

ctwed

Audioholic Intern
I am currently not able to get the digital music on my PC to the listening areas of my home. Bummer!! I have thousands of digital .wav files on my computer but to date I have not figured how to play them on my system. My system is anchored by a Onkyo TX-NR905 hardwired to the internet (100 base T). My media center comupter is connected to a wireless router to the cable modem. Connection should be easy, but for me, it is not. Again, bummer!! Still looking for a solution.

My ideal solution would be to access my computer's hard drive from the listening area and play selected files through my AVR. Keeping the .wav files is duplicate areas sould be avoided, the computer should be the only file storage place. This should all be accomplished wirelessly.

rockybrown

rockybrown

Audiophyte
Right now it is wired, but I will be picking up a Sonos Bu250 that will let me get audio to different zones in the house wirelessly. Pretty excited...
Thanks for the chance!

V

Vilous

Audiophyte

I use my XBox 360 to get the digital music and videos (and pictures) stored on my PC. The XBox is hardwired into the house's network. But that is only because the home network was conveniently wired with an accessible port.
Without said port, the XBox's wireless capabilities would have been great.

The Xbox is wired to my Sony STR-DG1200 through a component connection. (Its an older model, would be nicer if it had the new HDMI connection).

I can control the entire system, including xbox with my Logitech Harmony remote for the XBox 360 quite nicely.

Things I can't do easily yet, without going to the PC, are download new music/videos. Though, I can get some new videos through the Xbox 360 video marketplace and the NetFlix subscription.

It would also be nice if I didn't have to do as much work on the PC to organize the music/pictures/videos there in order for them to be easily accessible via the Xbox. Leaving Media Player open on the PC is also another pitfall.

E

eggyhustles2

Audiophyte
No solution @ the moment

I have several systems that just play independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis