Enter to Win: Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plusk

Audiophyte
I get music from computer and it is wired and then burn onto a cd.My ideal method would be to be receive wireless internet because dial up is too slow,lol.

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
I currently us CD's and flash drives as my method for getting my digital music to my listening areas.

I am of the lookout for a device that would anable me computer and reciever to share my music wirelessly. be able to use my T.V. as the "monitor" and a wireless keyboard and mouse to surf my music, select and create playlists etc.

This can be achieved by using a HTPC, but I am a minimalist and a HTPC would be overkill for this application. Im thinking ~$150 for the device with keyboard and mouse

Z

zodable

Audiophyte
I have an Xbox 360 that I use for all my digital media. It's wired and does an admirable job but I would assume a dedicated piece would probably be a better fit.

russcenter

russcenter

Audiophyte
Currently have all of my music in either purchased MP3/AAC, or for my CD's, ripped in Apple lossless. These reside on my Media Center PC running in a closet. I stream this from iTunes to my Airport Express connected to my family room receiver. I control it via my iPhone. All of my media equipment (Airport Express, 360, PS3, Media Center PC), are hardwired, so no bandwidth worries.

Really, the only big change would be video. Run DVR content through the PS3, since my 360 sounds like a B-17 with engine trouble. If I had the space, I'd rip the DVD content as well. I haven't looked into the quality of ripped/streamed Blu Ray, but if that was doable without a drop in quality, I'd do that too.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Slimserver works for me

I have my PC (IBM T42) running SlimServer and I own a SqueezeBox 3 that is connected to my NHT XD 2.2 so my system is wireless. I find wireless streaming in my house as being best since no messy wires are needed.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to one (1) pair of Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround Speakers to one (1) eligible forum member! The speakers are available in Gloss Black or Medium Cherry (winner's choice). At $199 each, this contest represents a $400 value!

Check out the Engadget review.

Features:
  • Dual 1” audiophile grade silk-dome tweeters
  • 4” Woven-fiberglass woofer
  • Seamless magnetic grill
  • Anti-resonant cabinet
  • Included wall mounting brackets
  • Furniture-grade finish
  • Ten Year Warranty
  • 30-Day No-Risk In-Home Audition
  • FREE SHIPPING - a $28 value per pair
  • FREE lifetime customer support

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

Note this contest ends on September 30th, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I really don't like digital distribution of music because it's just a watering down of quality that is already lacking. But if I have too, the best solution I've come up with is to rip it as a WAV file and then install it onto the PS3. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I don't have a good solution at this time....I am waiting for a system that will have a better quality format than what is currently available.

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
I put everything on my HP lap-top, and then put on my Sony wireless ( Blue-tooth ) stereo headphones, and then connect by way of the wireless LAN system on the lap-top, that has integral blue-tooth.

I get music and any other sound source on the laptop ( it's a multi-media configuration ) over the headphones from one end of the house to the other and because it's by way of the headphones, that means that I can watch TV on the laptop at midnight while the wife is sleeping next to me.

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

I currently use an old XBox, with XBMC and stream the data to the box over my wireless network. My perfect setup would be much more user friendly, aka, my roommate and random guests could run it effortlessly, rather than me setting things up, so it would require a great GUI and user friendly way to create playlists on the go.

G

gib

Audioholic Intern
I have a media server that I built coupled with a 4G NAS, house is pretty well wired so Ethernet available to all area's. For true roaming, I have a multi-AP setup using WDS to provide wireless connectivity as well.

S

StphNieuw

Enthusiast
Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.

I am getting my music to different areas of the house via a central system with speakers in multiple zones. At some point I would like to be able to control this solution from those rooms but at present its a trip down to the basement. So if I had choice I would l like to be fully wired with actual controls in each room. I wouldn't have a preference toward wireless or wired if both worked well.

I

Imitation

Audioholic Intern
I currently have ethernet running from the closet in my office to the living room. All my network gear and my media server are in the closet. Server is ubuntu running twonkymedia and it streaming audio and video to my xbox360 over the ethernet. 360 is older and uses toslink to the receiver, no hdmi on this one :( If I could change anything I'd change the 360 music player interface, it's severely lacking in functionality IMO.

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
Contest Question: How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.
Presently all digital music/movies is stored on a 4TB NAS wired to a PC in my home office running MediaMonkey. I control it wirelessly with a notebook computer from any room or outside.

Perfect system would be simply controlled by using a cell phone as a remote. With the cell phone able to network to other systems for playback, allowing me to access stored or streaming media from my system anywhere in the world I have coverage and play it back on whatever local system is nearby.

C

chrisxx

Audiophyte
Intimus Speaker drawing/question.

I have three different systems in the house and do not download music.

Chrisxx

S

SelfGovern

Audiophyte
Win

I've got ATT Uverse, with an Ethernet jack on each set-top box. This allows all of my home components to be easily connected, no matter where they are. Content from my HK DMC-1000 can be sent to any computer in the house. My Onkyo HT-RC180 also plays Pandora and internet radio, and can pull from any of several media servers on my network.

I think this is pretty close to ideal. If the devices -- which now accept only 100Mb Ethernet -- were GbE, I'd be a very happy man.

G

godan

Audioholic Intern
I don't have any digital music at all, I do have a bookshelf full of cds from years past, i now just pop it into the cd player that's hooked up to my reciever in my fun room (where i spend most of my time, tv computer stereo setup). i have no idea what a perfect setup would be, something portable/wireless (controller) that would work everywhere in the house

H

hewlett123

Enthusiast
How are you getting your digital music (PC, MP3 player, etc.) to the listening areas of your home? Is it wired, wireless, portable, or are you still looking for a better solution? Please describe your current and "perfect" setup.
The current setup that I plan on running is a SMB share off my router. Currently I have DD-WRT Mega on my Linksys WRT610n. I am mounting an external external hard drive to the share and running Samba internally. Any machine will have read access to the share. SCP and SSH will be used to copy data to the drive.

My perfect setup would be a speaker system through-out the house in each one of the rooms that allows music to be played from one continuous source. Unfortunately it wouldn't provide the best playing music but it would be able to provide a unified "PA" system like music for events on holidays and such. In the major listening areas such as the HT and the Living room, I'd like a full range 7.1 audio system.

Finally in the Bar (when and if I build it-- god I hope I have the time), I would put some hidden bookshelf speakers that blend in nicely to chime chime some good music for guests over the house.

Overall current wireless technology is only good for transmitting the music in it's compressed or digital form to a source that can decode it. I am heavily against wireless satellites with (my budget) and current technology.

T

trumpetlore

Enthusiast
I have no way yet. I hook my ipod up to my duel bose speakers, and away I go. I have another small set of computer speakers in the kitchen for when I cook though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis