Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just don't let this whole forum title thing go to your head. Wouldn't want to see you on the news as another crazy dude.

[Recycled from before, but still a goody.]

Last edited by a moderator:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'm trying to shake a sinus headache. At least I have some coffee to enjoy this morning. Is anyone here?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm trying to shake a sinus headache. At least I have some coffee to enjoy this morning. Is anyone here?
I'm here. Sinus headaches suck majorly. I get one anytime I eat something with corn syrup.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I THINK they retailed in the 300 dollar range. 47? Thats not horrible... I don't know where I'm even gonna put these things. They probably end up with somebody else again. Thanks, Adam...
Uses the beta 20 tweeter I believe. But that midrange can be crossed with something. I can't remember what atm. I'll let you know when my mind gets clear again.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have just returned from British Columbia. My brother got married. I go back to work tomorrow.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The music worked out fine...sort of. He had a set of Klipsch Heresy and a decent reciever. The event was a split indoor/outdoor event. The system was set up outside on a patio and sounded pretty good. Just as the evening started to get going with a few people dancing, they decided to drag everybody back inside for the cake cutting. Being a cool night, nobody came back outside and the music ended up being primarily for the amusement of the kids. Most people left early but the adults that stayed came out later in the evening and danced till the end.

It was a different type of event altogether. Bocce ball and badminton at 2pm, dinner at 6pm, vows outdoors at 8pm. The audio system was set up primarily for the outdoor vows ceremony. Dancing, etc. was not a real priority. My brother was happy with the way things turned out and I guess that's all that matters.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That sounds pretty cool, Dave. I like different kinds of weddings. My wedding was pretty de facto, but was fun because it was on 12-31-99 and we all thought we were going to die (at least that's what the media said).

My favorite weddings have been different than the standard weddings, like an Hindi-Christian wedding once or even the outdoor weddings are a nice change of pace. I'm still waiting for some friends to get married in Bora Bora, that won't be a wedding that I will miss, that's for sure.

Speaking of unusual weddings, my wife and I are getting re-married on either Whistler or Blackcomb the 1st full week of January next year. That'll be 10 years for us...my how time flies.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
my wife is driving me nuts.

And I'm already crazy. I think it will get better once I adjust more, but it's different for sure.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
my wife is driving me nuts.

And I'm already crazy. I think it will get better once I adjust more, but it's different for sure.
Adjusted=domesticated.

Before you were married, you saw guys at the mall with kid snot on their shirt, soul-less eyes with blank expressions, and mini-van keys in their pocket, you wondered what happened to them.

And now you know.

At least I don't have the mini-van. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
You'll get used to it, man.

I just found a pair of Acoustic Research TSW 610 on craigslist and got the green light to nab em for 30 bucks. Seems like a good deal if they are in good condition.

I also found and Adcom GFA 6000 and Marantz AV550 for 450 total. Also seems like a good deal, although I don't need or want either of those things... hmmm.... stupid audio addiction

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Adjusted=domesticated.

Before you were married, you saw guys at the mall with kid snot on their shirt, soul-less eyes with blank expressions, and mini-van keys in their pocket, you wondered what happened to them.

And now you know.

At least I don't have the mini-van. :D
No mini-van for me. I'll happily get the hatchback version of my car though. :D It's turbocharged.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis