All my stereos, updated frequently.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Lookin' sharp there Seth=L. Is that a receiver on the bottom shelf of your rack?
No, that's my Pioneer Elite 100 disk changer, the receiver is the small silver Teac.

jaimie2112 said:
Back to the Teac huh? It must sound pretty good Seth.......
It sounds like a receiver, just without all the extra "oomph", but I live in an apartment. I just don't need to be that loud. I would still be using the B&K but it's on the fritz.:(

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
A few more changes have been made.

The new RX-V3800

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow nice update Seth. How do you like the new 3800? I see you have a Pioneer amp below it. Do you feel that the 3800 does not have enough power for you?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wow nice update Seth. How do you like the new 3800? I see you have a Pioneer amp below it. Do you feel that the 3800 does not have enough power for you?
The Pioneer Elite is actually a CD changer. I am not using an amplifier for this setup as it's completely unnecessary.:D I am deeply enjoying the RX-V3800.;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It was funny going back, looking, and reading from the beginning of the thread. Big changes.

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
Congrats on the new addition. The Yamaha RX-V3800 is a very potent AVR. Do you plan to add the front presence speakers? I own an RX-V3000 which is still active in my family room. It has the front presence speakers terminals also.
They are only useful when using the DSP modes. Is that the case with the 3800 or can the front presence be used with the hi-rez formats also?

Regards.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats on the new addition. The Yamaha RX-V3800 is a very potent AVR. Do you plan to add the front presence speakers? I own an RX-V3000 which is still active in my family room. It has the front presence speakers terminals also.
They are only useful when using the DSP modes. Is that the case with the 3800 or can the front presence be used with the hi-rez formats also?

Regards.
I haven't messed around with the Presence channels yet. I don't know where I would mount them.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
This thread is subject to swift changes.

I am only a college student living in a 2 bedroom apartment. I don't have much money, because I spend it on audio stuff that I know I don't need. So I guess you could say that I am helplessly addicted, thank goodness it isn't drugs or smoking I am addicted to.:D

I am an audio scavanger, so the stuff I find may be outdated or banged up, but I always strive to get the best bargain possible. You may see me nose around in a Hi-Fi store asking them a bunch of questions, and possibly making a fool out of a stupid deceitful salesman.

I have moved my system to my living room as it used to be in my bedroom.

Components:
Television- JVC I'Art 27" Flat tube with cool 16:9 compression mode for DVDs
DVD Player- Toshiba SD-9000 non-progressive, but a tank with true black levels.:)
CD Player- Magnavox CDB-650 Swing arm transport, Coaxial SPDIF out, needs mods to overide oversampling.
Receiver- Yamaha HTR-5890 7.1 THX Select.
Speakers- Four NHT 1.5 bookself speakers for front left and right, center, and rear surround, Infinity IL 10's for left and right surrounds.
Assorted interconnects from Acoustic Research, Audio Quest, Magnavox, Monster, RadioShack, Labtec (out of business, I believe it was a division of Recoton before it was bought out by Audiovox), Straightwire, and some Mickey Mouse "came in the box" junk cables.

Pictures of primary system-

Front view, look closely at the TV screen you will see the amazing levitating lamp:eek:-

Closer to TV and center NHT 1.5-

The new Yamaha HTR-5890, Magnavox CDB 650, Toshiba SD-9000, and Fisher Integrated used as temp. power for my M&K-

Close up of NHT 1.5 used as a center channel, which I had planned to shield, but it works fine were it is-

M&K being slowly re-employed into the system-

Surround left Infinity IL 10-

Surround right Infinity IL 10-

This arrangement may last a while.

Is that a vintage Pioneer speaker there???

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like it is a lot happier with all that room now :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't you say you moved this stuff from the bedroom? Or did I misunderstand?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't you say you moved this stuff from the bedroom? Or did I misunderstand?
I think you must have misunderstood. I did move my 26" Panasonic and second PS3 into the living room because I intended to use both simultaneously but I haven't upgraded my internet service to occupy both systems.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis