DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, I'm sticking with my Wharfedale Opus 2 and Jamo speakers. I often like to try out different speakers just for the sake of listening to different speakers.

The Jamo C809 are my latest speakers that are keepers.
yeah, good thing and great fun to try different speakers. I like this too, auditioned a million different kinds of speakers, some favorite brands in general include: System Audio, Dynaudio, Vienna Acoustics

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Haraldo, may I ask why you're boycotting Blue Jeans cable?

Just curious.
OHHHH, I need to update my signature then, I have lots of things from BJC, and I really like them... It's Sony I don't like and that I boycot

S

septim

Audioholic
Hmm I've kind of soured on AV123. My Rockets were supposed to ship in early June. No communication either. I feel kind of foolish. I had read plenty of info that this is how this company operates, but for some reason I told myself it would be different.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hmm I've kind of soured on AV123. My Rockets were supposed to ship in early June. No communication either. I feel kind of foolish. I had read plenty of info that this is how this company operates, but for some reason I told myself it would be different.
When you sleep with a skank you might end up catching crabs :eek: .

M

maggie

Enthusiast
Forest through the trees

I almost never post and may regret this. but after my curiosity got the better of me I decided to read this thread. After slogging through about 175 posts what came to mind as an owner of my own business was;
on my death bed if I was running a honest and or profitable business with intentions to cover my obligations, as owner of my business I would have personally posted a reply as to what the heck was going on. That may have occured somewhere between post 175 and the end of the tread, (I couldn't take anymore} but I wouldn't trust a penny's worth of my money in a company based on a post at that point anyway. The rest of the posts are an interesting insight into human behavior.
M

F

fredk

Audioholic General
The rest of the posts are an interesting insight into human behavior.
Yes they are.

Septim. Sorry to hear about the lack of communication. I hope us sceptics are wrong and you get your speakers.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
With all these serious problems, bizarre behaviour from their CEO coupled with their current cash flow problems and the very competitive nature of this industry I do not see them lasting past the year 2010. If they do I would be very shocked.

This saga just gets stranger and stranger.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Septim. Do you remember this? ;)

Hehe wow you have a good memory! Yeah I was set to pull the trigger on a MFW-15 around the time the amp problems started piling up. Then I changed my mind and went DIY Maelstrom-X.

I chose to give AV123 a chance on the Rockets because I hadn't heard bad things regarding that line. (in regards to shipping/QC issues).

Also I had heard really bad things about their customer service but when I talked to them it was very pleasant, no pressure, no up-selling etc.
You've been up, down, and all around this thread and this issue and you still chose this medicine. I really hope you've not been taken. Good luck...best wishes getting your speakers.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

I don't know how he can ask for a pre-payment after everything that has happened?

A message from av123 about the delivery of LS-9’s

Dear Potential LS Customers

For several months now we have been grappling with the delivery of LS Series Loudspeakers. There were some late deliveries of both LS-6’s and LS-9’s, and we are pleased to report that the mechanisms have been put in place that will allow us to deliver these speakers in a more timely and predictable manner..

For those of you that have had LS-9’s “on order” but no deposit or payments in place, we’ve decided to send this note in order to share directly with you how we would like to “manage” your orders for the benefit of both parties. Our goal is clarity and accountability to these quoted delivery times, both now – and on into the future. Please understand that the somber tone of this letter does not reflect my inner happiness and joy with FINALLY being able to let my hair down a bit with respect to this project. My only goal with this letter is to let you all know how we are keeping things “at scale” here at av123 – and that includes making promises that need to be kept at all costs. This letter accurately reflects my “mood” about this – but please don’t worry – I’m smiling more now than I have in the last 4 or 5 months. I can “see the light” and it’s NOT the headlights ahead getting ready to run me down…

Our vendor team has been SUPER at delivering on-time and in budget the enclosures that heretofore had been difficult to procure. That coupled to an even supply of Woofers and Planar Magnetic Midrange / Tweeter elements allows us to predictably plan our production – and delivery. Fortunately, we’ve been doing a good job of this and hitting our numbers with regularity. As well, we have managed multiple sources for several key items and THIS ALONE also takes away some of the “headache factor” when a vendor is late (or worse)…

Many have asked about “new orders” with respect to the LS-9’s. We are getting requests (several per week) and we have told everyone that we must deliver our entire backlog of A Stock and B Stock before considering new business. As well, we have been “holding back” some incredible reviews of our LS Series Loudspeakers as we felt we needed to properly (continue to) attend to the delivery of current paid for, or partially paid for orders.

So… we therefore need to convey to all of you “on order folks” the issues at hand. A Stock LS-9’s that are a non-Piano Finish are current priced at $5995. We will be able to keep that price at least until October of this year. A Stock LS-9’s that are Piano Finish however must suffer a small price increase due to the difficult nature of finishing these large speakers in the Piano Variant. We therefore will be raising our price to $7495 dollars for any new orders. After the reviews hit (and I am aware of them BTW) I predict a giant “run – don’t walk” to av123 with respect to these speakers. It will be a bit like “old times” here once again… J

Here’s the rub – most all of you have had your “on order set” at our original MSRP’s of $3995 and $4495. Unfortunately, these numbers just don’t get close to working in our current cost environment. I have been wrestling with this letter for many weeks now --- with these facts known and understood. I’ve decided the best compromise I can come up with is to “split the difference” in the interest of good faith – good PR and just plain good “sense”…

So here are the numbers:

Non-Piano Finishes $4995

Piano Finishes $5995

For those interested, we will require the following on a non-cancelable basis:

· A payment of $1000 dollars at time of order. This locks in your cabinet

· A second payment of $1500 dollars due one month before your shipping date.

· Balance payable the night before we ship your speakers.

We realize that this is a serious act of faith on your part – but we have very specific arrangements with our cabinet vendors that will INSURE the delivery of your speaker enclosures – and your payments along the way make that all possible (for both of us). As well, we are requiring that you connect with us PRIOR TO June 26th to lock in your order. Anyone in the “on order queue” that has not confirmed with us by the close of business June 30th – we will (unfortunately) consider your order canceled.

Please do let us know if you are interested. Current delivery time is quoted as end-September – and we feel very confident sharing that with you.

Thank you…

All the best,

Mark L. Schifter

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
RED FLAG

I would never even consider such a thing, even with a renowned brand :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
I don't know how he can ask for a pre-payment after everything that has happened?
That's him putting out a " Let's See How Many Suckers Are Left " feeler.

Takes Brass Boules and a complete disregard for your past victims and future potential so-called customers ...to come out with that one. After all that has occured.

Unbelievable.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Takes Brass Boules and a complete disregard for your past victims and future potential so-called customers ...to come out with that one. After all that has occured.

Unbelievable.
Yes it is unbelievable. And you wonder why this thread exists and consumers question their poor business and managment practices. I get a sense this company is in desperate need of cash in an attempt to keep afloat. I would never prepay and certainly not with a company that has such a poor track record in this regards.

Every business management textbook should have a chapter called How Not To Run an Internet Direct Company - Case Study: AV123 ;)

S

septim

Audioholic
Back in mid May AV123 had all the Rockets listed as in-stock and had them listed as B-stock open box as well. So I decided to call up and order the B-stock Rockets. Well it turns out they had neither the A-stock or B-stock available. This should have been a huge red flag. Jess assured me the Rockets would ship the first week in June.

On Monday this week I emailed them asking about status of my Rockets. I got a stock email saying they were getting a delivery this very week and would ship next week.

Then when I got home from work yesterday I get an email saying the "shipping company" messed up and did not send the Rockets so it will be the end of July before they ship.

Luckily I did not pre-pay on the speakers due to the advice found here. What disappoints me the most is that I knew all of the history of this company before I ordered, but my good faith or perhaps my greed convinced me to give them a shot.

I had a $3000 5.2 order from them that they will likely lose. I order cancelled the dual MFW-15s as I don't want a bunch of subwoofers with no speakers.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Back in mid May AV123 had all the Rockets listed as in-stock and had them listed as B-stock open box as well. So I decided to call up and order the B-stock Rockets. Well it turns out they had neither the A-stock or B-stock available. This should have been a huge red flag. Jess assured me the Rockets would ship the first week in June.

On Monday this week I emailed them asking about status of my Rockets. I got a stock email saying they were getting a delivery this very week and would ship next week.

Then when I got home from work yesterday I get an email saying the "shipping company" messed up and did not send the Rockets so it will be the end of July before they ship.

Luckily I did not pre-pay on the speakers due to the advice found here. What disappoints me the most is that I knew all of the history of this company before I ordered, but my good faith or perhaps my greed convinced me to give them a shot.

I had a $3000 5.2 order from them that they will likely lose. I order cancelled the dual MFW-15s as I don't want a bunch of subwoofers with no speakers.
Absolutely shocking!!

I made a pre order for two UFW-10's some years ago, never heard anything, and of course, never paid anything....

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fredk

Audioholic General
I'm glad you didn't put any money on the line Septim.

I would love to know if anybody bites in the prepay. I can't imagine any reason why anybody would, but, no doubt, someone will.

S

septim

Audioholic

Unbelievable.
Not only that but it looks to me like he's saying if you have an order in and it hasn't come yet you will have to shell out an extra $$$ for your speakers. So not only did these people not get their speakers they are getting gouged extra because of it.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Wow is all I can say. You know he is hurting the rest of the legitimate vendor's. Taking money from a charity raffle is disgusting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis