DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
braminator

braminator

Junior Audioholic
All this negative feedback from unsatisfied customers really hurts the used market has well. When you read this thread and see the product on websites like Audiogon, it really changes your mind on buying that product. For reasons like replacing drivers or other parts and getting bad replacement items is another issue making this thread a major concern for current customers and new ones.

Joeteck

Joeteck

Audioholic
All this negative feedback from unsatisfied customers really hurts the used market has well. When you read this thread and see the product on websites like Audiogon, it really changes your mind on buying that product. For reasons like replacing drivers or other parts and getting bad replacement items is another issue making this thread a major concern for current customers and new ones.

With Audiogon, you're dealing with the end user, so I disagree with you there... Some products may have a lifetime warranty with the original purchaser and may not be transferable for driver replacements. I don't think this is similar at all.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I don't really get this now, what's happening :confused:

AV123 announces all these huges sales on MFW-15's and I can't remember the last time I could see that they had them in stock, and I have checked this quite regularly. This looks really fishy to me....

J

just listening

Audioholic
I don't really get this now, what's happening :confused:

AV123 announces all these huges sales on MFW-15's and I can't remember the last time I could see that they had them in stock, and I have checked this quite regularly. This looks really fishy to me....
I follow the postings of MLS on the AV123 forum. He's been stating that a huge shipment of MFW-15's with the new amp boards were coming. Once they did he was planning on having a killer price. Sure enough they arrived and he had his sale announced. Nothing fishy about that, plus he has started replacing the bad amps in the previous MFW-15's.

Joeteck

Joeteck

Audioholic
I follow the postings of MLS on the AV123 forum. He's been stating that a huge shipment of MFW-15's with the new amp boards were coming. Once they did he was planning on having a killer price. Sure enough they arrived and he had his sale announced. Nothing fishy about that, plus he has started replacing the bad amps in the previous MFW-15's.
So what you're saying is that he picks and chooses who he whats to satisfy...or in this case rip people off. He's making the deal so sweet you can't say no, meanwhile nothing will be shipped, and you'll be in the same boat as the OP...

Why would you people even consider buying anything from a guy who can't deliver or has a history of screwing with people. This raises a HUGE red flag, and tells me to STAY away from this place... come on people. I can't believe this has gone on this much... Its ridiculous. A few people here may say, I've gotten these speakers and they work great. Thats just it, he picks and chooses who he wants to satisfy, and apparently does not care about who he screws over.... I would rather find someone else who can do the same thing, and pay a little more and get my product, than nothing at all.

Hmm.. should I run into the fire.... a few people have made it and many people got burned.....Tough choice......

lol

Joe

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
If all these new subs arrived how come they are shipping with an ETA of June 30th? Shouldn't they be shipping now? And why is there a person that has a non-working amp in his MFW-15 being told that he should not expect a replacement amp to ship until July 6th? Shouldn't av123 be taking care of these customers first before they ship out new product?

I honestly don't believe anything MLS says based on his recent history.

braminator

braminator

Junior Audioholic
My grandfather just passed away and in his will he left me stock in the Brooklyn bridge, if anyone is interested in purchasing some let me know.:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
If all these new subs arrived how come they are shipping with an ETA of June 30th? Shouldn't they be shipping now? And why is there a person that has a non-working amp in his MFW-15 being told that he should not expect a replacement amp to ship until July 6th? Shouldn't av123 be taking care of these customers first before they ship out new product?

I honestly don't believe anything MLS says based on his recent history.
I have followed av123 website very closely, and they never had MFW-15's in stock, and not even an ETA date until recently, and the date is 06.30 as stated in last post.

Still, this looks very "strange" to me....

So do some people actuelly pay for these sub's now before they're shipping, and even don't know if they're shipping :eek:
Based on this incredible offer, or call it "scam" ?

J

just listening

Audioholic
I was going by what was being posted by MLS on the forum. I never saw anything in those posts about ETA dates, if I did, then I apologize. That being said, I will go back to many of my posts about AV123 stating that I would only buy items that are "In Stock". I hope anybody buying based on a non-instock item is wise enough not to put any $$ down until confirmation that the product is in the warehouse.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was going by what was being posted by MLS on the forum. I never saw anything in those posts about ETA dates, if I did, then I apologize. That being said, I will go back to many of my posts about AV123 stating that I would only buy items that are "In Stock". I hope anybody buying based on a non-instock item is wise enough not to put any $$ down until confirmation that the product is in the warehouse.
This is from an AV123 e-mail that went out on June 3rd.:

Dear Friends:

This is a reprise of the Post Memorial Day e-mail we sent to many of you. Please note that I have now included all of the prices – and we want everyone to know that we are setting a “booking close date” of June 19th. All orders must be in before June 19th to qualify for these incredible deals. We also have some special shipping rates for the veneer orders – so please check with your salesperson – or refer to the link on our site that references these prices and rates.

Hope everyone had a great holiday… How about dessert…

This Holiday has always been very special to everyone at av123. In the past, we have always wanted to do something extra special for this Holiday, and this time (even though we are celebrating “post-holiday”) will surely go down as an “all-timer”… :)

By late Wednesday of this week I will be posting all new prices on our MFW-15 subwoofer. This is going to be very special to me on a personal as well as professional level. We have lots going on this week for our BIG Friend – The Fabulous MFW-15 Subwoofer. Old business first of course – but we are now finally able to talk about “new business” for The Big Beast – and I promise a pricing schedule that will stagger.

The new pricing will be broken down into these categories – please take a peek at these as I can promise that every permutation will be covered over the next several weeks with product set to arrive. Note that the remaining B Stock will be sold through av123, and we will be able to pass along those savings to you…

Satin Black
Type/Quantity Limited Low Pricing
A Stock - Singles – Duals $499 / $899
B Stock - Singles – Duals $449 / $799
A Stock Diamond - Singles - Duals $599 / $1099
B Stock Diamond - Singles - Duals $549 / $999

Veneers
Type/Quantity Limited Low Pricing
A Stock - Singles – Duals $599 / $1099
B Stock - Singles – Duals $549 / $999
A Stock Diamond - Singles - Duals $699 / $1199
B Stock Diamond - Singles - Duals $599 / $1099

Each one of these styles and types will be offered at wonderful prices to celebrate our continued deliveries of our Big Beast – The MFW-15.

So – enjoy the week and let’s continue to celebrate this wonderful Memorial Day with a smile in our hearts… and some reflection in our souls…

Many thanks…

Wishing you all the very best.

Mark L. Schifter – President – av123
Then on June 5th this email went out:

LET THE FLOOD GATES OPEN

Forum Re-Opening Sale
Weekly Insider Specials 06/05/2009

Welcome Back

All of us at av123 wanted to send along this note today to “inform” and “welcome back” to our forums. We have a new server and new address for the forums – and we felt a short note was in order here to let everyone know.

Here’s the new address:
http://forums.av123.com

In the not too distant future, the forums will re-open and once again you will have a place where you can call “home”… The forums will surely be different in some important ways – but we will continue to make this YOUR PLACE where we can all enjoy a healthy and respectful repartee between friends. I think you’ll like the new “management” and “style” we are going to support…

I would love for everyone to visit the new av123 forum and bookmark this address for the future. In order to help this process along – we will sponsor a Super Special where you will find the “coupon code” for this deal in the News and Announcements section of the forum… You won’t want to miss this… it’s a real-live “mls deal”… :) Look for this in the News and Announcement Section under the thread title called “Welcome Back”… There you will find the coupon code as mentioned above. I should also point out that this “special” and one we ran a few days back for ELT 525 Monitors will “tie into” a special you won’t want to miss that will publish on Monday the 8th of June. These specials tie into both of these in a way that will allow those participating to take part in the FINEST and BEST SPECIAL we have ever run. I’m excited about it… :)

We’re excited about all of this – and with all of the recent changes we have made over these last few months we believe we have made a better av123 – and along with that will come a better forums at av123.com…

Thanks again…

Wishing you all the very best.

Mark L. Schifter – President – av123
I'm not exactly sure what to think about all this, but I do know I have a $179.00 in-store credit with them.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Damn, I'm glad I came back to this forum...

I got the above email myself and was waiting for tomorrow to see what big special they were planning on having. My CC is ready, because I'm finishing up my house and I'm about to start purchasing gear for the HT. The elt's were probably going to be purchased tomorrow with the $500 discount they're touting right now via the code from their forum (which, coincidentally does not work right now). Would really save me some time if I buy something preassembled, and I thought they had a very respectable name, last time I looked at them.

Well, this thread is really making me second guess a purchase with AV123. Of course, I always use my AMEX when purchasing electronics and I've put them on 2 scammers successfully, but the headache is not worth it. So, I'll have some heavy consideration on a purchase with them. May just stick with the DIY route after all.

S

septim

Audioholic
Damn, I'm glad I came back to this forum...

I got the above email myself and was waiting for tomorrow to see what big special they were planning on having. My CC is ready, because I'm finishing up my house and I'm about to start purchasing gear for the HT. The elt's were probably going to be purchased tomorrow with the $500 discount they're touting right now via the code from their forum (which, coincidentally does not work right now). Would really save me some time if I buy something preassembled, and I thought they had a very respectable name, last time I looked at them.

Well, this thread is really making me second guess a purchase with AV123. Of course, I always use my AMEX when purchasing electronics and I've put them on 2 scammers successfully, but the headache is not worth it. So, I'll have some heavy consideration on a purchase with them. May just stick with the DIY route after all.
Most of the problems people seem to have with this company are from deals directly with the owner himself or pre-pay type promotions.

If its an in-stock item and you deal with a sales rep I think you should be fine.

That being said when its the President of the company making these shady deals it puts the credibility of the entire company at risk.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
MLS's definition of arrived and most others seem to be at odds. Perhaps they've arrived at the shipping dock at some Chinese port. We can only hope that those scurrilous Somali pirates or other shiver me timber folks don't catch wind and hijack the load.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
MLS's definition of arrived and most others seem to be at odds. Perhaps they've arrived at the shipping dock at some Chinese port. We can only hope that those scurrilous Somali pirates or other shiver me timber folks don't catch wind and hijack the load.
Perhaps MLS definition of arrived is..... arrived at the end of the production line at a factory in a small-town in China, awaiting 2 mth shipping by boat in a a container....

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
I was considering giving their ELT525T (in the Cherry Finish) a whirl.

But there's not a chance of that happening, now.

I wouldn't buy a paper clip from them.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I was considering giving their ELT525T (in the Cherry Finish) a whirl.

But there's not a chance of that happening, now.

I wouldn't buy a paper clip from them.
Good thing they don't sell paper clips then :p

Well seriously, there are so many good speakers out there and also from good decent hard working people with good customer service :D

So please let us know what you will be buying, would be interesting to hear and follow :p

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Good thing they don't sell paper clips then :p

Well seriously, there are so many good speakers out there and also from good decent hard working people with good customer service :D

So please let us know what you will be buying, would be interesting to hear and follow :p
Oh, I'm sticking with my Wharfedale Opus 2 and Jamo speakers. I often like to try out different speakers just for the sake of listening to different speakers.

The Jamo C809 are my latest speakers that are keepers.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Haraldo, may I ask why you're boycotting Blue Jeans cable?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis