Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The guy that I talked to was really nice and helpful, even going to the warehouse to check and make sure that he had the right TV and that it was mine.
Dude, he just put you on hold and went to take a leak. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it was shipped from Kiev. :p
Actually it was shipped to Kiev.
Before long Harald will be watching it. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It sure is easier disconnecting a system than it is to reconnect it. :)

I just extended my 12v trigger cable using the cord off of a pair of cheapo American Airlines headphones (back when they were complimentary). Keeping those around for all these years finally paid off. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Huh. My receiver only has two optical inputs on the back, but the TV will make my third source. I hadn't though about that. It has another optical input on the front, so I can make it work. I guess that I'll just plug my MacBook audio into the front of the receiver when I want to watch Netflix.

Too bad my DVD player doesn't also have a coax output. It's the only one of the three that I own that doesn't (but it's better overall than the other two, so I'll leave those boxed up).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Woohoo! Amazon refunded me $64 (the amount that is would have cost had I paid for shipping) because the TV didn't arrive on Friday.

They didn't have to do that. I love that company!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
$64 shipping on a big screen TV? That seems awfully cheap. But I guess any kind of discount is good since you didn't get what you paid for in the first place. Or that you got what you didn't pay for? Or is it that you didn't get what didn't pay for in the first place.:confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I figure that the cost of shipping was embedded into the price of the TV, and then the shipping was "free." So, I'm quite happy that it got "refunded." Heck, I'm not going to complain!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Some pics.

After clearing out the entertainment center

The back of the Pioneer (I actually had to check if it had component video jacks because I've never needed them before. :D)

Time for movie night! (Okay, maybe not just yet.)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't like my speakers that far into the room, so I might be moving the Ultra.

Also, it's sad that my current display has less surface area than my subwoofer cone. Well, sad...or awesome if you're talking about the sub. :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The stand looks great. The display...well...

There's something about that receiver that just doesn't look right. See if you can find it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing's connected to it?

Yeah, I'm guessing that you're going to say, "no HDMI." :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It looks like your center might make it to the top shelf if you have enough clearance with the pedestal. I think those speakers might soud better out in the room like that. Wake that dog up. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It looks like your center might make it to the top shelf if you have enough clearance with the pedestal.
I was thinking the same thing! It's a bit low right now, but I do have it angled up. Before I angled it, it sounded kinda strange to me. I haven't listened to it since propping it up. I'm going to rerun the auto setup routine once the TV is in place.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Pirates of the Carribean in widescreen isn't quite as fun to watch on that Commodore 64 monitor. :) I almost calibrated it, but it took so long just to get the wires run today that I doubt that I do it.

Oh, wait. Legend of the Seeker in on tonight. Hmmm, I might just have to do that after all...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm just about positive that you know but if you do leave it there, pull it forward as much as possible to get it out of the hole and those Mopads(?) would be pretty useful in decoupling it from the cabinet.

I think I have mentioned this before but I have never seen a base board system like that. It's vinyl, isn't it?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
The back of the Pioneer (I actually had to check if it had component video jacks because I've never needed them before. :D)
LOL composite connection?

Time for movie night! (Okay, maybe not just yet.)
LOL again ...

The stand looks great. The display...well...

There's something about that receiver that just doesn't look right. See if you can find it.
looks like i spoke too soon. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis