Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I think that you'd be more interested in his money market account, but I'll let him tell you about that.

His last credit card purchase was for $187.45 at someplace called "Bare-lee Legal." I'm not even going to speculate.
If there is anyone that is interested in opening a chain of vinyl record stores, I know someone who knows someone who has some investment interest ;)

$187.45... Please, you should see the Amex - 481.52

A missionary just came to my door, and I hit my head on the door frame when I leaned over to keep Niki from getting outside. She was a nice older lady, but maybe I'll get a "No Soliciting" sign for my door.
Because a missionary came to your door, or because you hit your head?

Harald and Res are gonna be shacking up in Denmark for a while and I'm gonna boil Adam's bunny.
I'd make him go to Amsterdam, instead... free health care, and numerous other support from the national government... there are things legal there, which aren't in the U.S.... :D

Haven't I ever introduced my real name? I know (or at least think I know)... some of your names... my real name is Mitch... yeah, now what :p

I've never explained my unique username, either... it's a great story.

Verizon used to (when DSL first came out) give you a default username for the admin account... I never changed it... and it's stuck (since like... 2001)...

See... I told you it was a great story :p

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Hyundai will pay you $500 / month for buying one of their cars. For like 9 months. And if you loose your job within 12 months, they will let you return the car. And keep the money.

Whoah, crazy stuff.

Very rarely do I d/l large files from the net'... I just can't stand waiting... but I just finished a 40 gig file. And it was well worth it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I wish that I would have written off the warranty a year and a half ago and opened up my IPS-1. It's not like it was doing me any good anyway. :rolleyes: I'm sure glad that I did it today! I think that two of my amp modules are to blame for the bulk of the excessive hum, and they are easy to disconnect from the power supply. I don't need all seven channels, so I can live with disconnecting the trouble makers.

Below are some pictures. Sorry for the image quality. I scaled the pictures to 50% so that they wouldn't be too big.

Front view with top and right side panels removed

Side view showing the transformers (I think that's the right word) and circuit boards

Top view showing some of the modules disconnected from the power supply
Just looking at those pic's is inspiring me to read this:

http://www.audioholics.com/education/amplifier-technology/10-things-about-audio-amplifiers

I can see why you are so bent on keeping that thing scratch free. Especially when I consider what it costs. Too bad it's given you so much grief but when you do get to the heart of the matter you are gonna be one happy camper.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got the first amp module out of the IPS-1. Those bad boys are hefty.

I guess that I just need to make sure that the transformer is tightened down now? I don't see myself potting the coils, or even really knowing what that means...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm wondering if I should tighten those bolts or not.
I think you should have identified the hummers by listening with a piece of conduit or a mechanics stethoscope. A torque wrench would be nice to see where you're at but loosening it an 1/8 of a turn and then re-tightening may give you a 'feel' for how tight it is and how far you are comfortable going past that ... all by feel.

Do the last one wearing a blind fold and black pajamas. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think you should have identified the hummers by listening with a piece of conduit or a mechanics stethoscope.
I powered them each individually to check which ones were louder than the others.

A torque wrench would be nice...
Word. I should get one some day.

Do the last one wearing a blind fold and black pajamas. :D
:D I must leave that to you now, my friend. As an Overlord, I'll do it in jean shorts...but intoxicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis