DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Isn't Tweak City Audio the one's that had that ...Happy Honking Hooters Subwoofer?

Obviously, " This product is currently not available ". But that was quite a subwoofer. Woofers I could really sink my teeth into. Or least a lite nibble.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Happy Honking Hooters Subwoofer ... It has a certain ring to it. :D

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
" Right, he turned me into a newt.

A newt?

Well, I got better"

:D

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
At the Tweak City Audio Forum, we have allowed an open exchange in various threads for those who have had a bad experience with AV123 or MLS.

Not only did MLS take full responsibility and apologize in the post to which ChunkyDark provided a link, some guys have started threads on our forum about resolution.

It seems fair, right and just plain a good thing to do to provide some good news, too.

Here are some links ...

1. Mad Poet's I got a resolution thread

2. Kingdeezies's I got LS-6's and am liking them thread

3. Jon Liu's My LS-9's have shipped and I have a tracking number thread

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Good to see some resolutiion ocurring!!! Afterall, that's what these type of threads are all about.

Best of luck to all of you folks and I hope everything works out for the best.

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Who's got time to read resolutions...

At the Tweak City Audio Forum, we have allowed an open exchange in various threads for those who have had a bad experience with AV123 or MLS.

Not only did MLS take full responsibility and apologize in the post to which ChunkyDark provided a link, some guys have started threads on our forum about resolution.

It seems fair, right and just plain a good thing to do to provide some good news, too.

Here are some links ...

...when TCA is home of the Avatar Hotties thread....:cool::D

majorloser

majorloser

The Damage is Done

Unfortunately, no matter if all of the customers with problems get resolution, AV123 will never be able to live down this fiasco in public relations.

AV123's image is tainted and their loyal customer base will have second thoughts about future purchases. And like most companies that depend on the internet for advertisement, there will now be excessive bad exposure.

$20.00 say the company changes names. Maybe not now, but sometime in the future.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Here are some links ...

Anybody 2 lazy to read these links this is what I got from them

1. The OP reached an agreement with MLS and AV123 but they would still not offer a full cash refund as part of the agreement. Never the less an agreement has been made and the person is happy with the resolution but would not say what the settlement was.

2. I don't see any resolution in this link. Its a hypothetical thread about the OP receiving a pair of speakers:confused:? Am I missing something here?

3) This person will be receiving their speakers.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Anybody 2 lazy to read these links this is what I got from them

1. The OP reached an agreement with MLS and AV123 but they would still not offer a full cash refund as part of the agreement. Never the less an agreement has been made and the person is happy with the resolution but would not say what the settlement was.

2. I don't see any resolution in this link. Its a hypothetical thread about the OP receiving a pair of speakers:confused:? Am I missing something here?

3) This person will be receiving their speakers.
Good points. I was just about ready for bed and I failed to read the links. My mistake.

But I assumed craigsub was a man who would post something definitive in this matter. Not just more " still waiting" nonsense.

And they refused cash refunds? Wow, how many more ways can MLS and AV123 come up with, to further screw these people. Unbelievable!!!

One thing for sure, they will never get a penny from me. Never.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Minus the Bear and TJMv3 ... You guys are priceless.

1. He posted this:

madpoet said:
Last night Mark reached out to me via email with Suzanne on copy. He agreed to one of the solutions I had offered him, and apologized profusely and I believe sincerely for all of the issues. It's not the perfect solution (a full cash refund) but it does meet my concerns and I appreciate that we have it resolved.
The customer offered a solution, and MLS agreed to it. Considering this individual purchased a non-refundable gift card to purchase the products at a discount, this was a fair deal for all.

2. The man has his speakers. He is also a very funny, intelligent guy. He was being playful with the "hypothetical" wording. From yesterday ...

kingdeezie said:
The issue with placement is that all I can do it either toe them in or out; move them back or a little forward....

The room doubles as a HT/2-channel room.

Before my wife got pregnant I was in a much bigger room (our living room). After the baby I had to move into this spare room we had in the front of the house.

The point? I have a 140 inch PJ screen that takes up 10 feet of a 14 foot wall. It used to be on a 26 foot wall.

As it is now, the speakers are as far over as they can go without blocking the screen.

Do you really think its the pre?
If there is any confusion remaining, the bold print above should help. ;)

3. Yes, he has a tracking number.

It's interesting ... a couple of years ago, the hype was in the "too-pro MLS" mode. Now it seems to be "too-Anti MLS" mode.

No matter what the man does, he is castigated.

tjmv3 ... thanks for calling what I did nonsense. You made my morning. :p

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Minus the Bear and TJMv3 ... You guys are priceless.

1. He posted this:

The customer offered a solution, and MLS agreed to it. Considering this individual purchased a non-refundable gift card to purchase the products at a discount, this was a fair deal for all.

2. The man has his speakers. He is also a very funny, intelligent guy. He was being playful with the "hypothetical" wording. From yesterday ...

If there is any confusion remaining, the bold print above should help. ;)

3. Yes, he has a tracking number.

It's interesting ... a couple of years ago, the hype was in the "too-pro MLS" mode. Now it seems to be "too-Anti MLS" mode.

No matter what the man does, he is castigated.

tjmv3 ... thanks for calling what I did nonsense. You made my morning. :p

I appreciate you posting that a few people are getting some type of resolution with link #1 and #3. In link #2, the entire thread including the title besides the response you took out of context talk about hypothetical questions and responses about a pair of speakers. Sorry I didn't get that inside joke:confused:. That link is very misleading. If you are going to post links of that nature a little clarification before hand would be nice to avoid confusion.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
I appreciate you posting that a few people are getting some type of resolution with link #1 and #3. In link #2, the entire thread including the title besides the response you took out of context talk about hypothetical questions and responses about a pair of speakers. Sorry I didn't get that inside joke:confused:. That link is very misleading. If you are going to post links of that nature a little clarification before hand would be nice to avoid confusion.
Let's put it this way, everyone involved in the thread understood what was going on. The guy was congratulated on getting the speakers in the thread, talked about placement for them, and it was pretty clear to everyone involved that the man got his LS-6's.

I also did not take anything out of context, I copied his post in its entirety.

I Am not sure what was misleading about the link. He said in the opening post that he was thrilled with everything except a little harshness in the treble, thus the "Got the speakers and is liking them" rather than "got the speakers and loves them".

Peace.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
This has been an interesting read. If MLS pulls this off and stays in business, he will have beat the odds by a fair margine.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Let's put it this way, everyone involved in the thread understood what was going on. The guy was congratulated on getting the speakers in the thread, talked about placement for them, and it was pretty clear to everyone involved that the man got his LS-6's.

I also did not take anything out of context, I copied his post in its entirety.

I Am not sure what was misleading about the link. He said in the opening post that he was thrilled with everything except a little harshness in the treble, thus the "Got the speakers and is liking them" rather than "got the speakers and loves them".

Peace.
I guess you do not understand what the term "misleading" and "out of context means". Let me show you. This is the original post you are referring to above but that is not the one you quoted. Here is the first post of the thread.

Let us say that hypothetically speaking one just got a beautiful pair of LS-6es...

Let us also say that one is truly blown away with the amazing bass and exceptionally natural and beautiful midrange....

Let us also also say that one is experiencing airy, three dimensional highs, that are at the moment brittle and a little harsh....

Would we assume that this is break in issue (assuming as well that we believe in break in)?

Anyone with LSs want to chime in ....

...hypothetically of course."

Get my point. This is an example of out of context and misleading. When I questioned that thread initially I said "I don't see any resolution in this link. Its a hypothetical thread about the OP receiving a pair of speakers? Am I missing something here?" A very reasonable question to a very serious issue. I honestly thought the thread was a joke at first until you clarified it in another post.

Also if there is no possible way of somone being confused from reading that thread on another forum why wouldn't you just quote the first post of the thread in response? (thats rhetorical) :p

Last edited:
C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
I guess you do not understand what the term "misleading" and "out of context means". Let me show you. This is the original post you are referring to above but that is not the one you quoted. Here is the first post of the thread.

Let us say that hypothetically speaking one just got a beautiful pair of LS-6es...

Let us also say that one is truly blown away with the amazing bass and exceptionally natural and beautiful midrange....

Let us also also say that one is experiencing airy, three dimensional highs, that are at the moment brittle and a little harsh....

Would we assume that this is break in issue (assuming as well that we believe in break in)?

Anyone with LSs want to chime in ....

...hypothetically of course."

Get my point. This is an example of out of context and misleading. When I questioned that thread initially I said "I don't see any resolution in this link. Its a hypothetical thread about the OP receiving a pair of speakers? Am I missing something here?" A very reasonable question to a very serious issue. I honestly thought the thread was a joke at first until you clarified it in another post.

Also if there is no possible way of somone being confused from reading that thread on another forum why wouldn't you just quote the first post of the thread in response? (thats rhetorical) :p
When I read the first post in that thread, I "got it" that he had received his speakers.

You didn't.

Life works that way sometimes.

It was clear to everyone involved in the thread that KD was happy with his speakers, except for the treble. That was the purpose of the thread: to get info from other LS-6 owners.

I am sorry it upset you so much.

Peace, again.

N

neckthrough

Enthusiast
When I read the first post in that thread, I "got it" that he had received his speakers.

You didn't.

Life works that way sometimes.

It was clear to everyone involved in the thread that KD was happy with his speakers, except for the treble. That was the purpose of the thread: to get info from other LS-6 owners.

I am sorry it upset you so much.

Peace, again.
That was an awesome thread. I thought it was pretty clear from the first post and the ensuing discussion that the guy had indeed received his LS-6's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis