speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil,

It was a little over $2 here for a few weeks. Today it dropped to just under $2.

But reading some financial items and getting some indirect information from the ethanol industry both points to it being about $3 for summer. I was told that $3 is a "magic point" for ethanol and they are all at full production to gear up for the higher prices.

I hadn't seen the prediction that China will use less fuel this year. I did see that they expect China to have more cars on the road than the US in fairly short order, I don't remember the predicted year. That will only drive gas prices up. They haven't even started on hybrid and "efficent" cars yet. They are also working on roads so that people will be able to drive much more like it is in the US. The energy sector may be a good investment, but the pump will still hurt!
Ouch, does not sound real hopeful does it? I mean, things are just going to continue no matter what albeit exploitation. Hence, the more things change the more they stay the same. :confused::confused: Perhaps, this is just part of the "profit motive" that characterizes a capitalistic society? Thanks for posting. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It was stuck around 1.70 here for quite awhile and now is at 1.89 for the last two weeks. I don't think we'll see 1.50 ever again.... :(
Hey Phil good to hear from you once again. Yeah, it seems nothing has changed. The idea of $1.50 gas is a thing of the past. But, it never hurts to dream I always say. ;);) Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Hey Phil good to hear from you once again. Yeah, it seems nothing has changed. The idea of $1.50 gas is a thing of the past. But, it never hurts to dream I always say. ;);) Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil
Yah - I was gone for awhile on a long road trip for a couple of weeks back home for my mom's birthday, with my son on spring break and did an install job at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville IA. Saw anywhere from 1.67 to 2.05 along the way but didn't pay over 1.89. Good to be back home ... would be better if it gas was as cheap here as I saw it in a couple of places on the road. :cool:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yah - I was gone for awhile on a long road trip for a couple of weeks back home for my mom's birthday, with my son on spring break and did an install job at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville IA. Saw anywhere from 1.67 to 2.05 along the way but didn't pay over 1.89. Good to be back home ... would be better if it gas was as cheap here as I saw it in a couple of places on the road. :cool:
Wow, Phil you have been very busy. Nothing like being at home. Hope it comes down here before Summer gets here. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....filled up tonight at my Citgo for $1.83.9, using my Citgo card....they're usually the cheapest around anyway, and I get an additional 3 cents off a gallon because I'm so handsumn, (silent n)....you walk in, lay down cash, $5 to $300 are the limits, it's put on a Citgo card, then you get 3 cents off the price of a gallon at the pump using the card....and, I receive a receipt at the pump that's very descriptive, making it easy to keep up the worth of the card....some Citgo's do this, but some don't....ask up front....

J

jamie2112

Banned
Damn I miss Maryland for gas prices. Here in LA its $2.20....MD is $1.92

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
.....filled up tonight at my Citgo for $1.83.9, using my Citgo card....they're usually the cheapest around anyway, and I get an additional 3 cents off a gallon because I'm so handsumn, (silent n)....you walk in, lay down cash, $5 to $300 are the limits, it's put on a Citgo card, then you get 3 cents off the price of a gallon at the pump using the card....and, I receive a receipt at the pump that's very descriptive, making it easy to keep up the worth of the card....some Citgo's do this, but some don't....ask up front....
Yeah, the Citgos are popular in my area. Yesterday, it was like $1.979. I filled-up the other day and it was $2 a gallon. Guess, I should had waited eh? BTW, kool avatar!!!! ;);) It is good to see you back.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Damn I miss Maryland for gas prices. Here in LA its $2.20....MD is $1.92
Ouch Jamie, that is expensive. It makes some sense as it costs more to live in LA. But, I must say that is a big difference. Sounds like you have a good gig going. Hope all is well otherwise.

Cheers,

Phil

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, the Citgos are popular in my area. Yesterday, it was like $1.979. I filled-up the other day and it was $2 a gallon. Guess, I should had waited eh? BTW, kool avatar!!!! ;);) It is good to see you back.

Cheers,

Phil
.....thanks, SpeakerMan39/Phil....it's good to be back.....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
.....thanks, SpeakerMan39/Phil....it's good to be back.....
Your welcome bro. Glad to have you here. ;);) Next time, don't stay away so long. Kinda looks like Mazer is doing the same thing. Hope he is doing okay as well.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well folks, I managed to fill-up yesterday. Gas was a $1.89 here locally. However, I noticed overnight that it spiked to a $1.99. Why would it do that.......hmmm.......maybe because people drive more on the weekends??? Oh I see, they can make more money by doing that. :(:( Just more of the same old BS that defines our nation. Guess it is never ever going to change regardless of who is in office. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Might as well make price gouging legal as it is happening so abundantly.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Boo!

Folks, right now locally gas is $2.65 a gallon. However, my local news claims it is going to be over $3.00 a gallon by the 4th of July! :eek::eek: Therefore, if I were you be sure to fill-up asap. It is doubtful it is going to come down much until after the holiday. Some believe it may hoover around the $3.00 mark for the rest of the Summer. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Lets all hope they are wrong. ;):);) It looks like things are never going to change-nothing but full EXPLOITATION! :mad::mad::mad:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Surprisingly, gas dropped down to 2.63 a gallon here. Guess, I will go fill-up this afternoon. It will surely go up before the 4th. Anybody else here getting gas much cheaper? If so, speak up and be sure to mention where you are. I am just curious. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
2.63 here at Hess. Many stations are at 2.69. With the dollar weakening to 1.41 against the Euro higher gas prices are a given.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
2.63 here at Hess. Many stations are at 2.69. With the dollar weakening to 1.41 against the Euro higher gas prices are a given.
Yeah, that kind of seems to be the trend today. Looks like it may be this high, if not higher, for a while. That is, at least until the economy improves. Who really knows how long that is going to take.

Cheers,

Phil

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Da Shadow Knows:D

With the fed between a rock and a hard place with the interest rates and federal debt the dollar looks like being in a weakened state for the forseeable future. When the economy i.e employment improves next year one result will be even higher gas prices due to increasing demand. However, we may need to be told that the recession is over because people are not going to be spending money again just like that. For one thing the people can no longer use the home equity as a ATM machine. The tightened credit card environment will also serve as a clamp on spending. We as a people do not learn easily.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Da Shadow Knows:D

With the fed between a rock and a hard place with the interest rates and federal debt the dollar looks like being in a weakened state for the forseeable future. When the economy i.e employment improves next year one result will be even higher gas prices due to increasing demand. However, we may need to be told that the recession is over because people are not going to be spending money again just like that. For one thing the people can no longer use the home equity as a ATM machine. The tightened credit card environment will also serve as a clamp on spending. We as a people do not learn easily.
Mud, once again you have a good idea of what is really going on out there. ;);) I do remain hopeful that we as a nation can turn things around. However, this is going to take some time-not to mention a lot of sacrifice. With that being said, it is going to be an inconvenience for many that are not normally used to that. But, over time things will get churning. At least, this is my hope anyways. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Jumped up a dime here overnight from $2.19 to $2.29 across the street at 7-11 but one by son's T-ball field was only up to $2.24 so I grabbed a few gallons there. Figuring it will go up again tomorrow ... and the next day ... and the next day .........

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Jumped up a dime here overnight from $2.19 to $2.29 across the street at 7-11 but one by son's T-ball field was only up to $2.24 so I grabbed a few gallons there. Figuring it will go up again tomorrow ... and the next day ... and the next day .........
Wow Phil, $2.24? That's super cheap. Where are you at?
Here in Seattle it's just under $3.00.
If you think this is bad, wait until they pass the Cap & Trade bill, $5.00-$6.00
a gallon is in our future. That whole thing is a joke. Everything we stop doing will get done twice as much in China and India, leagally under the plan. So, no reduction in pollution, just reduction in jobs and money for Americans.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis