speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
And you are complaining about that? They aren't predicting $4, they are predicting $5/gal. this summer. The funny thing is, they said with all the new technology in cars, the US actually has an oversupply condition for the first time in...well ever I think, yet oil price is still going up. This started back in mid Dec. and I don't recall what they said the issue was, but the prices are going up again.
No John not complaining. Just a bit surprised is all. It has been a while since I have seen that kind of jump in prices here locally. According to my local news, they claimed it would be over $4.00 a gallon by Summer. For our sakes, lets hope they are right. If it goes to $5.00 a gallon, then I surely will be driving less, if at all........LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
It cost me over $50 to fill my car the other day, and thats not even using premium like I'm supposed to. Premium only my a**, it still runs great :D

HexOmega

HexOmega

Audioholic
It cost me over $50 to fill my car the other day, and thats not even using premium like I'm supposed to. Premium only my a**, it still runs great :D
If you don't drive aggressively the engine will probably be OK, as long as it's not factory turbocharged. Premium "only" in older cars was sometimes a gimmick, but in most modern cars there's a good reason they make that recommendation. You might not notice a difference now, but there IS a long-term effect on the engine, especially if you're in the gas a lot.

dkane360

dkane360

If you don't drive aggressively the engine will probably be OK, as long as it's not factory turbocharged. Premium "only" in older cars was sometimes a gimmick, but in most modern cars there's a good reason they make that recommendation. You might not notice a difference now, but there IS a long-term effect on the engine, especially if you're in the gas a lot.
I can definitely notice a difference when I put premium in vs regular, not so much midgrade vs premium. I don't think its a recommendation either, IIRC the manual says premium only lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I can definitely notice a difference when I put premium in vs regular, not so much midgrade vs premium. I don't think its a recommendation either, IIRC the manual says premium only lol
The car has the ability to compensate to prevent knock, but ultimately it probably isn't good to do this for long periods since the engine wasn't designed to operate that way.

Average I have been paying here right now for premium is $3.50 and right outside my office here it was $3.70 the other day. This time of year prices aren't typically high either, so if this keeps up, prices are going to be ugly soon. My car is turbo, so no option but to go with premium.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
Yeah I know what your talking about I used to have a BMW and it also called for premium too, I always put premium in it but that was couple of years ago when premium was only like $2.50 or so maybe $3. I def noticed when I put regular in it it seemed that the car was real slow on take offs, that was the only real time I remember it being like that.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Noticed today that gasoline is now $3.089 a gallon here for regular unleaded. Sure hope it continues to come down because I will have to fill up soon. Like all things in life, it could be worse I suppose. Hopefully, gasoline will not go up too high as Summer begins to arrive.

Cheers,

Phil

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If it's high compression, just don't run it hard with lower octane. Old gas is really bad too, because of the octane dropping over time. The ECM can only do so much when detonation occurs and it's really hard on the valves, as you may know.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gasoline here locally climbed to $4.199 a gallon! I am like WOW!!!!!!!!! Many here say it will be $5.00 before July!!!! Lets hope not because things are expensive as they are. Anyone here paying higher prices for regular unleaded? Just curious is all.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
3.85 / gallon here in my hood ;)
Wow, that is not good. At least, nobody has said it was at or over $5.00 a gallon. I noticed this afternoon, gasoline here locally is down to $3.979 already. Earlier today, it was $4.039 a gallon. I just hope it continues to fall. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Guys, I am referring to regular unleaded not premium. Locally, many people are saying that regular unleaded will be at or above $5.009 a gallon by June. I sure hope this is not the case. Things are expensive enough as they are. It is still at $3.979 a gallon for regular unleaded. Too bad I have to fillup today. Maybe I can take out a loan.........LOL!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

still $4.35ish for regular here.

vote democratic next year = $6+

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Regular unleaded is down to $3.949 here locally. Hope prices continue to fall as many things are expensive enough imho. Hopefully, it will at the very least go down to below $3.50 a gallon. Hard to believe I would ever say that was a bargain. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Regular unleaded is down to $3.949 here locally. Hope prices continue to fall as many things are expensive enough imho. Hopefully, it will at the very least go down to below $3.50 a gallon. Hard to believe I would ever say that was a bargain. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Phil

About $4.35 for One Gal Regular Unleaded [Octane 87] here...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis