Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
At least I don't have any long road trips planned. I do have a short one to Tulsa next week to work as Video Engineer for in-house video at the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals (a wayyyy toooooo much fun event - this will be the 23rd annual) but I'll be there from Tues thru Saturday and basically just driving from the hotel to the track to the bar and back to the room.

BTW - highlights from the races will be on SPEED a week later the 24th - check it out. It's an absolutely awesome event - details at www.chilibowl.com

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
At least I don't have any long road trips planned. I do have a short one to Tulsa next week to work as Video Engineer for in-house video at the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals (a wayyyy toooooo much fun event - this will be the 23rd annual) but I'll be there from Tues thru Saturday and basically just driving from the hotel to the track to the bar and back to the room.

BTW - highlights from the races will be on SPEED a week later the 24th - check it out. It's an absolutely awesome event - details at www.chilibowl.com
What a life Phil! I hate you!!!!!! :D:D Just kidding-it sounds like a lot of fun to be had. Just be careful my friend. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting-gas has dropped to a $1.839 here locally. Perhaps, it will continue to come back down. Sure would be nice.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Naw Naw-Wildcats!!!!!! Just kiddin............Lmao. :p:p

Cheers,

Phil
Errr - make that BUMMER SOONERS.... :eek:

Two observations -- wait a minute ... I've got a new play coming in from the sidelines ... scratch that ... ummm - why did I keep thinking of TiVo all night while watching the game?? .... :confused:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Errr - make that BUMMER SOONERS.... :eek:

Two observations -- wait a minute ... I've got a new play coming in from the sidelines ... scratch that ... ummm - why did I keep thinking of TiVo all night while watching the game?? .... :confused:
Lmao ...........too funny Phil. Can't wait till March Madness gets here. It won't be soon enough if you ask me.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gas seems to have stabilized to around the $1.789 a gallon here locally. Been hoping it would come back down as I have gotten used to it. But, like all things in life nothing remains static. However, it never hurts to have hope.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Dropped a dime back to 1.59 yesterday - thank goodness! :cool:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Same Old Sh*t!!!!!

Folks, I have watched the gas price here locally very carefully as of late. As such, one thing has been occurring on a regular basis--that being the price of gas goes up on the weekend beginning Friday and carrying over until Monday. The funny thing is the price of oil has gone down significantly and there is no shortage in supplies. Then after the weekend, the price of gas comes back down. Why is this occurring? Why would gas spike over .20-.30 cents a gallon over night? Then, it goes back down .20-.30 cents a gallon back to where it was. My point is, things have not changed as once again we are being exploited. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Nothing is being done about the price gouging. When, if ever, will this horse sh*t stop? Has anyone else here noticed the same pattern? If so, what is your take on the situation? Do you feel as though it is price gouging and thus nothing more than exploitation?

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
^I've been noticing that and thinking the same for years. Sure wish they'd stop that crap - but doubt it will ever happen... :(

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
^I've been noticing that and thinking the same for years. Sure wish they'd stop that crap - but doubt it will ever happen... :(
From one Phil to another Phil, I have to agree 100%. Really thought Obama would take notice, but it appears he looks the other way. Oh well might as well since the rest of them do too. Basically, we will never get away from such exploitation imho. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I had read where it's recommended to buy gas on Wednesday to avoid the weekend bump.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I had read where it's recommended to buy gas on Wednesday to avoid the weekend bump.
Hmmm........haven't read that Adam, but I can see why someone did. This is actually very good advice. In fact, it is a great idea if you ask me.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gas here locally is at $1.889 a gallon as we speak. I plan to watch real close tomorrow and Thursday. I will have to fill up one of those two days before it spikes back up for the weekend. :confused::confused: Seems as though, that there is never any end to the price gouging. :mad::mad: Come on Obama, get off of your a$$ and do something about it. That would be a great way to stimulate the economy. Saving us from the price gouging would free up some money that could be used for other purposes. Don't worry, I won't be holding my breath any time soon. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I held out as long as I could. As such, I managed to fill-up for a $1.829 a gallon today. Oh well, that is better than what it was earlier in the week. I am sure it will spike to over .20-.30 a gallon overnight as it has been doing every late Thursday evenings. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Looks like it is NOT going to change in spite of a new administration. That should tell you something. :(:(

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, it has been a bit since posting in this thread. So, I thought I would revive it somewhat. Gas here locally has been holding real close to $2 a gallon. Just curious if it has been doing the same in other areas? I still hope that it comes back down below $1.50 and stays there. But, what are the chances of that happening right? ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

J

JLMEMT

Junior Audioholic
Phil,

It was a little over $2 here for a few weeks. Today it dropped to just under $2.

But reading some financial items and getting some indirect information from the ethanol industry both points to it being about $3 for summer. I was told that $3 is a "magic point" for ethanol and they are all at full production to gear up for the higher prices.

I hadn't seen the prediction that China will use less fuel this year. I did see that they expect China to have more cars on the road than the US in fairly short order, I don't remember the predicted year. That will only drive gas prices up. They haven't even started on hybrid and "efficent" cars yet. They are also working on roads so that people will be able to drive much more like it is in the US. The energy sector may be a good investment, but the pump will still hurt!

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
It was stuck around 1.70 here for quite awhile and now is at 1.89 for the last two weeks. I don't think we'll see 1.50 ever again.... :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis