NFL Football 2008-09

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Plaxico is a an elite player in the league that defenses game plan against. The fact he is not in the lineup defensive co-ordinators can do so many more things on defense. Defenses do not need to player cover 2, cover 3, 2 man under or any other schemes were the safteys play deep. The Giants have an excellent running game so with Plax out of the lineup they can either bring up the saftey put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run and or be more agressive in their blits schemes with their linebackers. Opposing defences can now focus on Jacobs and putting tons of pressure on Eli without having the fear of the big play. Plax makes a huge difference and good defenses will take advantage of it, IMO this will really hurt us down the road as defenses watch lots of film without him in the offense.
Am I surprised, no (read above post) but it still hurts :(. I think the lesson today was how important Plaxico Burress is to this offense but more importantly how aggressive well coached defenses gameplan without Plax in the lineup. The way the Eagles defense played today and the schemes they used is a direct reflection of that. Do we win if Plax plays, that is debateable but what I do know is he would have made a difference.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
As for the Giants, I doubt Burress would have mattered. My hat is off to the Eagles. They played a very good game. As did the Cards...So all of the top seeds, except Pittsburg, are out of it. My good friend down the road is an Eagles fan. I know he's happy!!!!

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Well after cleaning up the BULLSHIT here and there I settled down and watched a great Defensive Battle,Giants fans were as loud as ever,and the weather just downright cold,but they battled and the victor moves on I think this game just shows how hungry THE BIRDS really are...GO EAGLES LETS BEAT ARIZONA.FITZ really scares me he is a beast.I would just like to add that there is no doubt that the Giants have two of the best running backs in the NFL....

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The Giant's fell victim to the same thing they profited from last year and the Packers, Cowboys and Pats lost to last season; a team that was surging at the right time.

My pick for the Superbowl was Eagles and Chargers based on that philosophy. Things at this point ain't looking so hot on the AFC side.:eek:

I'm the farthest thing from an Eagles fan. But they played a good game today.
Next week, my hopes, not necessarily my money, are on the Cards.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
a team that was surging at the right time.

My pick for the Superbowl was Eagles and Chargers based on that philosophy
This has been a consistent trend the last 4 years. It is to the point where a team being "hot" going into the playoffs is more important than homefield advantage. The ironic thing about this is these are usually the teams fighting for the playoffs.

I am hoping for a Eagles and Ravens superbowl now. It will be a defensive masterpiece to watch.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
This has been a consistent trend the last 4 years. It is to the point where a team being "hot" going into the playoffs is more important than homefield advantage. The ironic thing about this is these are usually the teams fighting for the playoffs.

I am hoping for a Eagles and Ravens superbowl now. It will be a defensive masterpiece to watch.
Congrats to the Eagles fans... your team was just better today.

I'm personally rooting for Arizona in the game next week.... that team has sucked for so long that I feel obligated to root for them. Arizona in the Super Bowl??? That's almost like seeing the Tampa in the World Series!!!

I said to a friend earlier that if the Giants lost I'd love to see a 'Zona vs. SD super bowl (not happening now) b/c that game would be all offense!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
but they battled and the victor moves on I think this game just shows how hungry THE BIRDS really are.......
Please don't tell me you really think the Eagles bet the Giants. :rolleyes: Not like the Eagles had the most outstanding offensive performance.

The Giants beat themselves.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Please don't tell me you really think the Eagles bet the Giants. :rolleyes: Not like the Eagles had the most outstanding offensive performance.

The Giants beat themselves.
Typical sore loser the Eagles didnt beat the giants, in my eyes they SMASHED the giants, 4th and 1, twice,:(, at home give me a break Try your fictional crap somewhere else like you said this aint Hollywood no but it will be Tampa Bay and Ill be there..;)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Best regards to our cousins ,Congratulations Steeler fans

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Typical sore loser
No ones a sore loser here. I'm not happy with the Giants performance. I expected much more from them. I expected much more from a team that was touted as the best in the NFL this year.

And you can't honestly tell me you seen a offensive powerhouse with the Eagles today. Definitely not a championship caliper performance.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats to the Eagles fans... your team was just better today.

I'm personally rooting for Arizona in the game next week.... that team has sucked for so long that I feel obligated to root for them. Arizona in the Super Bowl??? That's almost like seeing the Tampa in the World Series!!!

I said to a friend earlier that if the Giants lost I'd love to see a 'Zona vs. SD super bowl (not happening now) b/c that game would be all offense!

Kurt Warner is enough for me not to want Arizona to win. I don't like him.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
No ones a sore loser here. I'm not happy with the Giants performance. I expected much more from them.

And you can't honestly tell me you seen a offensive powerhouse with the Eagles today.
I never said that However you can still BEAT a team whith a stellar performance from your D wich the EAGLES did display It was darn near impossible for any offense to get rolling against your D they played exceptional as well of course no matter what I as many fans across the Delaware Valley are definitely flying high tonite :D GO EAGLES :D

Last edited by a moderator:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I never said that However you can still BEAT a team whith a stellar performance from your D wich the EAGLES did display It was darn near impossible for any offense to get rolling against your D they played exceptional as well of course no matter what I as many fans across the Delaware Valley are definitely flying high tonite :D GO EAGLES :D

The Eagles D is some of the best defense I have ever watched. What they did today was mighty impressive especially against the run..wow! Their defense can win them a championship as long as McNabb does not turn the ball over.

Arizona is mainly a passing team so it is going to be interesting to see what Jim Johnson's gameplan is going to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Best regards to our cousins ,Congratulations Steeler fans
Did you really just say that??? I know NOBODY from Philly who's ever said anything nice about any team from Pittsburgh, and vice/versa. My Pittsburgh friends would like nothing more than for the Eagles to fall flat. :eek:

You've raised my opinion of Philly fans.... you are now somewhere above Pedophile priests but below serial murderers :D.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis