mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
didn't you consider to darken the front wall? doesn't the PJ lighten up the walls a bit?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
didn't you consider to darken the front wall? doesn't the PJ lighten up the walls a bit?
The walls are darker than they appear in the pics. The flash washes them out quite a bit.

When the PJ screen is down the front wall is mostly hidden anyway. One advantage to this new setup is I don't have all of those equipmment lights in my field of vision.

I will be looking at a new screen and projector at some point but not right away. Of course, if a killer deal come along ...:p;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i see. i find even the stuff that's not on the screen gets lit up. even my gray ceiling, so i thought your light wall would light up and be a bit distracting

i guess i should pay attention to the movie :D not the room

Matt34

Matt34

The walls are darker than they appear in the pics. The flash washes them out quite a bit.

When the PJ screen is down the front wall is mostly hidden anyway. One advantage to this new setup is I don't have all of those equipmment lights in my field of vision.

I will be looking at a new screen and projector at some point but not right away. Of course, if a killer deal come along ...:p;)
Still looking good. I think after the army moves me again I'll not have the equipment up front also....too many blue lights.;)

Matt34

Matt34

i see. i find even the stuff that's not on the screen gets lit up. even my gray ceiling, so i thought your light wall would light up and be a bit distracting

What kind of finish is the gray wall? I used eggshell and it really helps with the reflections.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
What kind of finish is the gray wall? I used eggshell and it really helps with the reflections.
it's not literally egg shells, but it's pretty rough ... oh well, what am i doing looking up during a movie anyway :D

i guess i should fill up the ceiling with black panels :)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief

I don't really notice much of anything if I like the movie, so I'm a bad one to discuss this issue with.;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I would like us to stop talking about your HT room;)

Let's talk about my new sub......:D
I don't really notice much of anything if I like the movie, so I'm a bad one to discuss this issue with.;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Now that's more like it. Most threads get turned around and we end up talking about me or my stuff:D
Good idea, let's make the "New HT Room" Thread all about you.:cool:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i hope to have something like this someday soon. nice job
everybody ... wants something like this someday :D

and that's only the equipment ... i want his renovating special powers as well. :cool:

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
everybody ... wants something like this someday :D

and that's only the equipment ... i want his renovating special powers as well. :cool:
Wow, thanks Mike. That’s quite a compliment coming from someone like you who has built perhaps the best looking HT on the Forum.:cool:

As to my “special powers”, these are due entirely to a lack of patience;).

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
My new (2nd) THSPUD shipped yesterday and I should have it next weekend. It has new drivers that are purported to extend the LF and add SPL. Danley also sent me replacement drivers for my existing SPUD.

I hosted a GTG at my house last weekend and the feedback was very positive with a single unit and the old drivers. I am anxious to hear/feel what the new drivers can do. I am going to try a front wall placement with the dual SPUDS. I would like to maintain some/most of the incredible tactile (feel it more than hear it) that the near field placement provides but also get more thump from the front stage for kick drum hits etc.

With the current placement you are enveloped in bass which is great for movies but for music, I want to see if i can get more localizable front stage bass thump than the near field placement provides.

I followed up the GTG with another evening of bass torture testing with a friend who had not heard the system recently. I had the BR AC/DC Donington disk playing at about -5 from ref and he asked (actually yelled:p)“how loud will it go? I proceeded to go into the seldom explored plus db area and the look on his face was priceless … you had to be there:eek:.

It is really hard to describe what this dual 8”driver tapped horn sub can do and when combined with the JTR speakers, the clean SPL output of the system is just over the top amazing. I don’t want to denigrate anyone’s system and I know that pride of ownership/ego issues appear here frequently. But unless you have heard this type of sound in person, you really have no idea.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
please take pics of the new 8" drivers :) (and the old ones as well)

TIA

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Second.

Sorry I missed the GTG but with the second sub coming I suspect another demo is not far off. :D

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief

TIA
So who are you, Mike or TIA :confused:

Oh and yes I'll take pics of the drivers ... Mike.

Second.

Sorry I missed the GTG but with the second sub coming I suspect another demo is not far off. :D
Family first Rick ... too many divorced guys around these Forums already.;)

You are correct sir, I will probably have another GTG after the New Year with the dual SPUDS. Gotta love that name ... good thing they aren't ugly:p

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
at about -5 from ref and he asked (actually yelled:p)“how loud will it go? I proceeded to go into the seldom explored plus db area and the look on his face was priceless … you had to be there:eek:.
In, erm...industry?, we call this "bass-face" ... where the bass is so loud and powerful that it makes your ears warm, eyes blurry from vibration in the sockets, and all around just tensed up::D:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis