NFL Football 2008-09

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The Jets played very well and indeed handed the Titans their first loss of the season. I'm looking forward to the Colts vs, Chargers tonight...

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Shhhhhhhhhhh

Don't say a word. You all know who you are I'm talking to. :cool:

G-men on the road division leader injuries doesn't matter.

The Redskins will get their feelings hurt this weekend.

ELI ELI ELI

I read that 16 of the 19 pro bowl positions were led by Redskins. What a farce.

Hey Steven:p

Last edited by a moderator:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
G-men on the road division leader injuries doesn't matter.

The Redskins will get their feelings hurt this weekend.

ELI ELI ELI

I read that 16 of the 19 pro bowl positions were led by Redskins. What a farce.

Hey Steven:p
I really think it would be cool to see the Giants vs Colts in the Superbowl. It's a remote possiblity..:)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Superstition

Every year I hang my Giants visor from my cars rear view mirror, and wear it on game day. This year I couldn't find it, and after the season started I haven't even looked for it.

Last Sunday my daughter's boyfriend was at the house yelling to me about his Dolphins victory over the Raiders. I was giving him sh!t that they only beat the Raiders by 2 points. That they should be ashamed of themselves. I have a Raiders visor that I was going to wear just to give him a hard time. I remembered it was in my closet on the top shelf.

I turn on the closet light, open the door, see the Raiders visor. I grab the brim of the visor, and

Holy Sh!t :eek:

I proceeded to place the Raiders visor back where it came from, and quickly closed the closet door, and shut off the light.

I found my Giants visor. Yes it was under the Raiders visor.

--------------------------------------------------

Moral of the story Giants fans. Don't change anything you've been doing all year.

And that includes you Mudshark.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Oh yeah Skins and Giants.....I am sure the skins will choke as they do that well......:p

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Colts over the Chargers by 3!!!! Woot!:D
Nice pick by the ref to spring Harrison on 4th down. :rolleyes:

Nice spot by the ref on that same play to give them 4th and inches when it was actually more like 4th and 2. :rolleyes:

Nice phantom PI call on Hart on 4th down to preserve a drive. On the replay you could totally see Hart hit nothing but ball. :rolleyes:

Nice no call on Williams being held by the rookie center. Without that hold, Jamal sacks Peyton, and game over.

I swear, the refs have had it in for the Bolts all season. But what the hell was Norv thinking, kicking a field goal to TIE the game with a minute and a half left?!?!?! At the best, all you can hope for is to go to OT. 4th and 2, the Colts defense was clearly on their heels and you don't go for it?!?! Jesus Christ, sack up Norv!!!! :mad:

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Not hearing any talk anymore about last year being a fluke.

Not to worry Steven: I'm not changing any routines. It all started when we attended the first playoff game in Tampa.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
How bout dem Saints.
You mean how about Drew Brees! That guy can flat out play and makes everybody around him that much better. He looks like a solid MVP candidate (if they make the playoffs:eek:) and where would they be without him.:)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
You mean how about Drew Brees! That guy can flat out play and makes everybody around him that much better. He looks like a solid MVP candidate (if they make the playoffs:eek:) and where would they be without him.:)
Brees looked good last night. I'm really hatin' life right now; at least as far as football is concerned. I'm not sure what happened last night but......Oh Christ, I really don't wanna talk about it anyway.

Brees looked good. It's hard not to like the SOB.;)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Story of Norv Turner's coaching career. Never has a man taken more talent and gotten less results out of them.
You may be right. I just realized that our last 2 drafts have netted no one special, (Norv years). The 2004-2006 drafts netted a bunch of pro-bowlers, (Marty years). Hhhhhhhhmmm...

Ya know, I HATED Marty for always choking in the playoffs, but he always seemed to be able to get the best out of his players. The Bolts never looked as unprepared under Marty, as they have the last couple of years. :mad:

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
You may be right. I just realized that our last 2 drafts have netted no one special, (Norv years). The 2004-2006 drafts netted a bunch of pro-bowlers, (Marty years). Hhhhhhhhmmm...

Ya know, I HATED Marty for always choking in the playoffs, but he always seemed to be able to get the best out of his players. The Bolts never looked as unprepared under Marty, as they have the last couple of years. :mad:
Marty gets such a bad rap in the playoffs, yet he had some of the worst luck in the history of the game when it came to the postseason.

1986- Elway and "The Drive"
1987- Ernest Byner with "the Fumble"
1992- Loses starting QB against the Bills
1994- Loses Montana during the game against the Bills

3 of those losses were in AFC championship games. Of his 13 losses in the playoffs, 6 of them came against teams that made the super bowl that year. (Yes I did my research :)).

He turned around Cleveland, he kept KC as a perennial AFC west powerhouse, he gets fired after one year by that moron Snyder in Washington (After going 8-8), and he makes San Diego competitive again. He was/is an outstanding coach with a ridiculous record (he's won 62% of his regular season games).

I can understand why SD fans wanted to get rid of him after 2 first round losses in 3 years, but I cannot believe the GM went along with it. He turned that team into a powerhouse for 3 straight years, and they give it to a guy who had only coached TWO playoff games as a head coach. Made no sense to me....

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I can understand why SD fans wanted to get rid of him after 2 first round losses in 3 years, but I cannot believe the GM went along with it. He turned that team into a powerhouse for 3 straight years, and they give it to a guy who had only coached TWO playoff games as a head coach. Made no sense to me....
The scuttlebutt is that it was the GM, (AJ Smith), that wanted him gone. Marty and AJ never got along. They fought over Rivers, (AJ's man) and Brees, (Marty's guy), constantly. Then when management got stupid and let Wade Philips and Cam Cameron go in the same year, Marty wanted to bring in his brother Kurt as defensive coordinator. That seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Somehow AJ talked the Spanos' into firing Marty.

I have to admit that I wanted Marty gone, but I wanted Cameron or Philips promoted, not Norv.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Nice pick by the ref to spring Harrison on 4th down. :rolleyes:

Nice spot by the ref on that same play to give them 4th and inches when it was actually more like 4th and 2. :rolleyes:

Nice phantom PI call on Hart on 4th down to preserve a drive. On the replay you could totally see Hart hit nothing but ball. :rolleyes:

Nice no call on Williams being held by the rookie center. Without that hold, Jamal sacks Peyton, and game over.

I swear, the refs have had it in for the Bolts all season. But what the hell was Norv thinking, kicking a field goal to TIE the game with a minute and a half left?!?!?! At the best, all you can hope for is to go to OT. 4th and 2, the Colts defense was clearly on their heels and you don't go for it?!?! Jesus Christ, sack up Norv!!!! :mad:

LOL!! Couldnt help myself.....:D

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis