NFL Football 2008-09

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Watched the Giants today, they definetely missed Plaxico out there. Lots of dropped passes :mad:.
So your saying some how Plaxico was responsible for the dropped balls that hit the hands of Domenik Hixon (Domenik Hixon, dropped a potential 85-yard touchdown), Steve Smith, Amani Toomer, Kevin Boss? :rolleyes:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
So your saying some how Plaxico was responsible for the dropped balls that hit the hands of Domenik Hixon (Domenik Hixon, dropped a potential 85-yard touchdown), Steve Smith, Amani Toomer, Kevin Boss? :rolleyes:
The easy days of Eli just throwing the ball up in the air and letting Plaxico come down with it are gone:mad:.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The easy days of Eli just throwing the ball up in the air and letting Plaxico come down with it are gone:mad:.
Really??? So what was last weeks 305 yards passing about? They were without Plaxico last week also.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Really??? So what was last weeks 305 yards passing about? They were without Plaxico last week also.
I like my chances better in the playoffs, going to the suberbowl and winning if Plaxico is playing. Opposing defences can gameplay so much better now and they will adjust accordingly as the weeks go by to exploit it. We a tougher road ahead without him IMO.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Seems like I read the same theory when Shockey went down last year. WE know how well contained the Giants ended up being. What me worry?:p

Stomping resumes next week.:D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Seems like I read the same theory when Shockey went down last year. WE know how well contained the Giants ended up being. What me worry?:p

Stomping resumes next week.:D
Shockey did nothing for the g-man before he got hurt last season, he was a non factor on the field, his run blocking sucked and he dropped tons of balls. Plaxico on the other hand was having a great season and our #1 big threat on offense. Apples and oranges IMO.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Shockey did nothing for the g-man before he got hurt last season, he was a non factor on the field, his run blocking sucked and he dropped tons of balls. Plaxico on the other hand was having a great season and our #1 big threat on offense. Apples and oranges IMO.
I will agree that Plax provided a "threat" this year, but he certainly hasn't delivered from a stats perspective. 35 catches for 454 yards and 4 TDs is a pretty crappy season. Check out his game log- http://www.nfl.com/players/plaxicoburress/gamelogs?id=BUR595691. Almost 30% of his production this year came from 1 game... the season opener. Since then he hasn't caught more than 5 balls in a game and has only gone over 50 yards receiving twice. He also had a huge case of the dropsies so far this season- missing a lot of easy balls.

I personally don't think yesterday's loss was a direct result of missing plaxico. There were 3 bigger factors: A) The receivers who did play dropped a TON of balls- Hixon on the long throw, Steve Smith twice on third down, Boss, Toomer, Hedgecock, etc. B) The weather in NYC was horrible- 25 to 35 mph winds, you'll notice that Donovan was having trouble completing deeper throws as well- which is why the Eagles switched to short slants and swing passes to Westbrook, C) The Eagles are a good team with a winning record and are a hated division rival. In divisional games you can generally throw everything out the window, this doubles when you play a blood rival. I hate Philly as much as anybody, but when they play the Giants I always worry b/c I know it will be a good game. Also, over half of Philly's wins this year have come against playoff teams- Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Arizona, and now the Giants and they've lost several games they should have won (Dallas in week 2, Washington in week 5, and that silly tie against Cincy).

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
A receiver can have a huge effect on the passing game even if he's not putting up the stats. Big-time receivers draw double coverages and help open the field for others. The Saints have experienced this with Colston being on the field.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I will agree that Plax provided a "threat" this year, but he certainly hasn't delivered from a stats perspective. ).
Plaxico is a an elite player in the league that defenses game plan against. The fact he is not in the lineup defensive co-ordinators can do so many more things on defense. Defenses do not need to player cover 2, cover 3, 2 man under or any other schemes were the safteys play deep. The Giants have an excellent running game so with Plax out of the lineup they can either bring up the saftey put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run and or be more agressive in their blits schemes with their linebackers. Opposing defences can now focus on Jacobs and putting tons of pressure on Eli without having the fear of the big play. Plax makes a huge difference and good defenses will take advantage of it, IMO this will really hurt us down the road as defenses watch lots of film without him in the offense.

Last edited:
aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Plaxico is a an elite player in the league that defenses game plan against. The fact he is not in the lineup defensive co-ordinators can do so many more things on defense. Defenses do not need to player cover 2, cover 3, 2 man under or any other schemes were the safteys play deep. The Giants have an excellent running game so with Plax out of the lineup they can either bring up the saftey put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run and or be more agressive in their blits schemes with their linebackers. Opposing defences can now focus on Jacobs and putting tons of pressure on Eli without having the fear of the big play. Plax makes a huge difference and good defenses will take advantage of it, IMO this will really hurt us down the road as defenses watch lots of film without him in the offense.
I don't disagree that defenses will game plan different for the future, most of my argument was that our loss yesterday had very little to do with plaxico being out. The defense could not get off the field, and despite some gorgeous throws from Eli our receivers kept dropping the ball.

I don't agree though that defenses will be able to stack 8-9 guys in the box regularly. Our other receivers can get open and they can catch the ball (despite how they played yesterday), and our offensive line is generally agreed to be the best in the league. Stack the box too much and you will get beat deep (Hixon's dropped ball yesterday).

The team is 11-2, I'm really not sure what there is to complain about- Plax or no Plax.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't disagree that defenses will game plan different for the future, most of my argument was that our loss yesterday had very little to do with plaxico being out. The defense could not get off the field, and despite some gorgeous throws from Eli our receivers kept dropping the ball.

I don't agree though that defenses will be able to stack 8-9 guys in the box regularly. Our other receivers can get open and they can catch the ball (despite how they played yesterday), and our offensive line is generally agreed to be the best in the league. Stack the box too much and you will get beat deep (Hixon's dropped ball yesterday).

The team is 11-2, I'm really not sure what there is to complain about- Plax or no Plax.
The only thing I can complain about is how stupid Plax is to bring a gun into a nightclub and shoot himself in the leg:mad:. Its a tall order (no pun intended) to replace his talent in the WR position.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
You guys watching MNF?

I just saw one of the best catches I've ever seen.

Full extension, tips of the toes, right on the fingertips of the left hand. And he hauls it in. Fantastic.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Followed by a blocked extra point to keep it an 8-point game. Unbelievable.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
You guys can't take a joke ;)

I have no problem with the Giants. I was defending them a few pages back, remember?

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Oh, I think we can take a joke, especially in this thread. However, don't expect any prisioners to be taken.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis