unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Who told you to leave?
are you unhappy in the US?
are you wiling to do anything about it?
Why all of a sudden are you so patriotic?
Is there really anythng unamerican about someone wanting you to be happy?

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
If Americans ruin themselves by being so foolish, I'll seek safety in Italy which has been around far longer than the US and operates even when there is no government.
In this statement you exclude yourself from being American by saying "If Americans ruin themselves"

Now a true American would have said "If we ruin ourselves"

Just quit trying to act like a victim. I wish you would voice your opinion in some public places and see how many rights other people have.

Around my neck of the woods people dont take kindly to opinions like yours

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Who told you to leave?

You did regardless what spin you try and put on it.

are you unhappy in the US?

What's your definition of happy?

are you wiling to do anything about it?

N/A

Why all of a sudden are you so patriotic?

What's your definition of patriotic?

Is there really anythng unamerican about someone wanting you to be happy?

No.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
rnatalli;457191[B said:
Why all of a sudden are you so patriotic?[/B]

What's your definition of patriotic?
heres my definition of patriotic --Inspired by ones love for his country

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
In this statement you exclude yourself from being American by saying "If Americans ruin themselves"

Now a true American would have said "If we ruin ourselves"

Just quit trying to act like a victim. I wish you would voice your opinion in some public places and see how many rights other people have.

Around my neck of the woods people dont take kindly to opinions like yours
I guess I'm not a true American by your definition.

Who's acting like a victim? The entire lower and middle classes are the victims.

I don't care what people in your neck of the woods think. I have a right to my thoughts and opinions last time I checked.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
heres my definition of patriotic --Inspired by ones love for his country
By that definition, I'm not patriotic towards the US then. The second real trouble hits, I'm out of here. Same as all those that took off to Canada during Vietnam, etc...

Now, here's the real question. Should I be allowed to vote simply because I was born and raised in the US? If you answer no, then at least we agree on something.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
By that definition, I'm not patriotic towards the US then. The second real trouble hits, I'm out of here. Same as all those that took off to Canada during Vietnam, etc...

Back to my original post....why wait for trouble if your not happy?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Back to my original post....why wait for trouble if your not happy?
Happy is a relative term. I'm happy with my home, my family, and my work. What I'm unhappy with is how people constantly go against their best interests. I suppose that's simply human nature. If anyone claims they're completely happy, I know they're full of it.

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Ah yes. One of the new convoy vehicles.

Last edited:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not sure if you are arguing for or against a lack of experience in the highest office. Palin's experience is nearly identical to Teddy Roosevelt. I still find it hard to fathom how it's OK for Obama to have so little experience and hear the excuses made in his favor, then listen to the Obama camp criticize Palin, forgetting the arguments they just made in favor of Obama's own inexperience in office.
Disclaimer: I do not support Obama. I am not voting for Obama.

That said.... [the following is a compilation of some of my thoughts on the subject]

Palin's experience with national and foreign matters is a real, honest concern.... because she has none at all.

She has no background or experience in national or international issues, no background or experience in law, and no background in politics apart from being mayor of a tiny town and governor of the 4th least populated state in the US for less than 2 years.

Yeah, she's a great character and has all the proper conservative opinions... but she has no business being first in line to the oldest person ever to be inaugurated.

So that's zero years of national politics experience. 1.5 years of small-state politics experience. And absolutely no other experience in law, national politics, or foreign relations.

Palin has no business being President. If she had tried to run for the Republican ticket, she would have been laughed out of the room. And I guarantee that not a single Republican or conservative pundit could honestly say otherwise. Indeed, many (most) conservative commentators were saying Palin would be a poor choice for VP before McCain selected her. And now they're all backpedaling, championing her as a brilliant move, just because they desperately want Obama to lose.

Here's a good video on the subject:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

Obama has been professionally involved in law since 1991 when he received his Juris Doctor degree magna *** laude from Harvard Law.

He has been involved in politics since 1992, when he directed Project Vote in Chicago.

He spent 12 years lecturing on Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School.

Palin has an undergrad degree in communication/journalism.

She got involved in local politics in 1992 for a town of 3000 people.

She got involved in state politics - in the 4th least populous state in the country - in 2007 and has never before been in any way involved in national politics.

Obama held a state elected office - in the 5th most populous US state - for 7 years and has been a US Senator for almost 3.

Comparing Obama's experience to Palin's is a joke.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Some time ago, I went to work for a large investment bank.

A few points, the GOP strategy wants to continue giving breaks to people like I described above, myself included as I made quite a bit back then. They don't give a flying hoot about anyone in the lower and middle classes.
rnatalli, you're kidding yourself.
Are you telling us, that you worked in the investment banking industry, but you don't know how the government passes bills and laws that are favorable to your industry?

Don't you realize that both parties are responsible for the bank and mortgage deregulation?
Bush was asleep at the wheel, and equally so, was the Democratically controlled Congress.
Anything, that any president screwed up while they were in office. Was done with the help of Congress.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Obama has been professionally involved in law since 1991 when he received his Juris Doctor degree magna *** laude from Harvard Law.

He has been involved in politics since 1992, when he directed Project Vote in Chicago.

He spent 12 years lecturing on Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School.

Obama held a state elected office - in the 5th most populous US state - for 7 years and has been a US Senator for almost 3.
Oddly enough, this is the best defense of Obama's record I've seen, yet it comes from a non-Obama supporter. But if McCain manages to dodge the bullet for one year after he's elected, Palin will have more international and diplomatic experience as VP than Obama has right now.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
That CNN article is a "Half Truth"
I saw that interview.
What she did say, was that None of the four candidates could run a major company.
Also, that running the government was completely different from running a 'for profit' company.
She named all four of them, but CNN only airs McCain's and Palin's names.
So much for an unbiased media.:(

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
That CNN article is a "Half Truth"
I saw that interview.
What she did say, was that None of the four candidates could run a major company.
Also, that running the government was completely different from running a 'for profit' company.
She named all four of them, but CNN only airs McCain's and Palin's names.
So much for an unbiased media.:(
Sounds like you didn't read the whole article. Fiorina, on a St Louis talk radio segment, said that Palin didn't have the experience or knowledge necessary to run a corporation.

Then, later, when asked about that comment on MSNBC, she elaborated that none of the POTUS or VP candidates did either.

The article makes this perfectly clear:

"Asked by a St. Louis radio station whether she thought Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin could run a company like Hewlett-Packard, Fiorina responded: "No, I don't.

“But that's not what she's running for. Running a corporation is a different set of things."

Asked about that remark on MSNBC, she made the same unprompted assessment of the GOP presidential nominee. "I don't think John McCain could run a major corporation."

She also said she did not believe Democrats Barack Obama or Joe Biden had the right business background either."

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sounds like you didn't read the whole article. Fiorina, on a St Louis talk radio segment, said that Palin didn't have the experience or knowledge necessary to run a corporation.

Then, later, when asked about that comment on MSNBC, she elaborated that none of the POTUS or VP candidates did either.

The article makes this perfectly clear:

"Asked by a St. Louis radio station whether she thought Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin could run a company like Hewlett-Packard, Fiorina responded: "No, I don't.

“But that's not what she's running for. Running a corporation is a different set of things."

Asked about that remark on MSNBC, she made the same unprompted assessment of the GOP presidential nominee. "I don't think John McCain could run a major corporation."

She also said she did not believe Democrats Barack Obama or Joe Biden had the right business background either."

But she did and was booted for bad behavior?
Then received what, a $44mill separation bonus? Is that what McCain is campaigning against? And she is on his team somehow? Interesting:D

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
rnatalli, you're kidding yourself.
Are you telling us, that you worked in the investment banking industry, but you don't know how the government passes bills and laws that are favorable to your industry?

Don't you realize that both parties are responsible for the bank and mortgage deregulation?
Bush was asleep at the wheel, and equally so, was the Democratically controlled Congress.
Anything, that any president screwed up while they were in office. Was done with the help of Congress.
I've said it before that the democrats share a good portion of the blame. In fact, I blame Clinton for a good portion of the mess today. But in the sentence you quoted, I was merely pointing out that by giving tax breaks to the people at the top, you're basically saying you trust them over the government.

By the way, it's public information those who are or were licensed by the SEC. Just go to the NASD and/or SEC website to look people up.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis