mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
im curious what happens to this other person. ran a red light, caused damage to your car ... what now?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to hear you're here to talk about it. A few seconds the other way, and things may have been different.

That's too bad, it looks like you've kept the car in nice shape. It sucks when you keep something nice, and someone else ruins it.
Yeah, I might have beat on it, like I am hard on all my toys, but they are very well cared for, constantly and meticulously very well maintained... I changed my oil every 3K or even sooner.... with 130,000 miles, they oil still came out golden when due for a change.... That engine was so smooth and powerful for just a 4 banger... Its a shame, I would have much rather preferred to sell it to someone that would love it for many years to come... It certainly helps to have a shop with 8 hoists, alignment rack, and diagnostic computers at my disposal for upkeep and tweeking... :)

im curious what happens to this other person. ran a red light, caused damage to your car ... what now?
Technically he did a rolling stop at a stop sign, and thankfully I had a witness to corroborate my story....even though I hit from the rear. They got a ticket, and insurance couldn't argue with fault, but they tried to wiggle on value, but my insurance co stood up for me. Their insurance gave me 6300 for the 9-10 yr old vehicle, so I came out with what I thought it was worth, if I had to sell it I may or may not have gotten that for it. Thankfully Honda's really hold their resale value, a GM car of those years would have probably gotten me $2K at best. All the upgrades and my ability to keep it in perfect condition had a good play in what I got for it from the insurance.

It also helps that this happened less then a block from my business and all the local police are very good friends of mine...

But if I had my choice I wouldn't wish to see my baby destroyed... But the parts are all perfect shape, so many people will use them to fix their own cars... It was still running when I let it go, I drove it back to my business looking like that from 1 block away... Im sure some people were shocked to see me driving it down the road, I could barely see over the hood.. :D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
That is a nice looking car, but being in the auto service business, you couldn't pay me to buy a hyundai... !!!!!
You just don't know the new Hyundai. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
The one thing I hate about all of the new 'retro' cars(Camaro, Mustang, Charger, etc.), is that they have molded solid body bumpers. Disgusting. I want big chromed metal bumpers. This would make any of these new 'retro' cars look so much better.

One more thing: give me glass headlight covers. These plastic pieces of s**t they are putting on all cars now really tick me off. Within 3 years they start to dull - and by 5 or 7 year mark - they look like someone took a sandblaster to them. I have not seen a single car with plastic covers for which this was not true. Even so-called high end cars have the plastic covers. It is true that you can replace them -- but the cost for this cheap piece of molded plastic, which essentially next to nothing for the manufacturer, is incredibly high in markup to the consumer, making replacement non-practical. Repair of these is not practical either, not once they get to a certain age, anyways. When the damage first starts to occur, you can use a plastic polish and rub them back out to a shine. But the change starts to effect deep in the plastic, and the plastic starts to also shift into a yellowish color after a certain period of time. I suppose this may not be an issue if the car is kept in a garage most of the time, out of the sunlight(which I presume is the cause) - but for normal cases - it's a big deal IMO.

-Chris

Last edited:
Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
The one thing I hate about all of the new 'retro' cars(Camaro, Mustang, Charger, etc.), is that they have molded solid body bumpers. Disgusting. I want big chromed metal bumpers. This would make any of these new 'retro' cars look so much better.

-Chris
Yeah.... thats the Foose design type scenario being implemented to smooth out the lines... I'm a techno geek, which is why I opt for the new tech in cars like the Honda, while having a good amount of HP, performance, and reliability.

My big performer of choice will definately be one of these...
Gotta love the power and class of the Vette....

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
That is a nice looking car, but being in the auto service business, you couldn't pay me to buy a hyundai...

Before this I was seriously looking at the new 2010 Camaro's though.... Thats a bad A$$ looking machine...
The new Camaro looks great.
Just hope they're not the pieces of poo the original was.
I've worked on cars many years. I just love cars.
Once you get your first Japanese car, and virtually nothing goes wrong with it. (compared with American cars)
it's really tough to go back.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
The new Camaro looks great.
Just hope they're not the pieces of poo the original was.
I've worked on cars many years. I just love cars.
Once you get your first Japanese car, and virtually nothing goes wrong with it. (compared with American cars)
it's really tough to go back.
Agreed.... Lots of older cars that just don't cut the mustard as far as performance IMO, but its what they stood for back then that really is what its all about.

Very close friends of mine were extremely excited about their new retro mustang and after the honeymoon period was over, they realized how cheap it was all put together... I hope for GM's sake they don't fall victim to that same viewpoint when the Camaro is released.

I love the Honda's/Acura's for what they bring to the plate... I wish GM could grow and implement their design philosophy to become equivalent. They are much better, but it has taken far to long a journey to get there...

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
My current car is an 02 Hyundai Elantra. It is my first car and while I have treated it like crap for the last 6 years it still runs flawlessly.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Warp, glad you weren't hurt my friend. Really hate to lose you. BTW, noticed you have not been posting as much. Hope all is well. Good luck in your car search.

Cheers,

Phil

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Warp, glad you weren't hurt my friend. Really hate to lose you. BTW, noticed you have not been posting as much. Hope all is well. Good luck in your car search.

Cheers,

Phil
thanks phil.... I have been busy with more projects and trying to enjoy life more, outside of sitting on a computer...

All is great, and I hope all is great with you as well.... Pretty much my search is complete, its just a matter of the wait. I have an in with the dealership so I will be looking at pretty much a hassle free purchase experience.

:)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
thanks phil.... I have been busy with more projects and trying to enjoy life more, outside of sitting on a computer...

All is great, and I hope all is great with you as well.... Pretty much my search is complete, its just a matter of the wait. I have an in with the dealership so I will be looking at pretty much a hassle free purchase experience.

:)
Your quite welcome warp. Sounds like you have thing worked out. Just a matter of times as with all of us. Hopefully, it will all go real smooth for you.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis