Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I have no problem with JL Audio, I am extremely pleased with my F112, it continues to amaze me, so I will take your word on the value they offer.

I was just looking at amps, and came across the HD600/4
Impressive #'s for how small it is... Class D.... Could fit that thing just about anywhere.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/wilf2k/JL shallow/P1020219.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/wilf2k/JL shallow/P1020214.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/wilf2k/JL shallow/P1020220.jpg

I assume something like that would be more then adequate for the system?

As far as drivers go, no clue on what sounds good.... not alot of places around here that I know of...

Have you ever done Fiberglass Sub Boxes..?
Check this one out... looks great... http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6122

I don't mind the thought of something like a W6v2.... I was only thinking about size constraints, I don't want a ridiculously large sub box, if I could do something like that Fiberglass scenario, I'm all over it... If JL had a stealth box I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Yep... this is what I would be doing if I was an automaker;
"Hmm... SUV and Truck sales are down the drain...... we want sales!"
"Sir... you could just... put the truck and SUV motors in cars and make them 'performance cars' "

"GREAT idea! They suck gas which means we get a bigger markup and less material for us!"

I would be marketing anything that got less than 25 MPG..... that would sell great.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hey warp would you happen to know anything about the 2009 Accord Diesel? When I went to test drive the Accord a while back I asked the dealer but he knew nothing about it. I have been reading online that the European version which has the same engine the US is getting is hitting 52MPG highway. While the 2.2L diesel only puts out 150HP, on the torque end it will put out a damn hefty 260lb-ft.
That same engine is coming out in the Civic, and the Ridgeline will be receiving a V6 diesel as well.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Also, those *****ing about plastic headlines clouding up. It's called a cut polisher. Try it some time.

SheepStar

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yep... this is what I would be doing if I was an automaker;
"Hmm... SUV and Truck sales are down the drain...... we want sales!"
"Sir... you could just... put the truck and SUV motors in cars and make them 'performance cars' "

"GREAT idea! They suck gas which means we get a bigger markup and less material for us!"

I would be marketing anything that got less than 25 MPG..... that would sell great.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Let me take a wild guess, you'll be voting Obama

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Let me take a wild guess, you'll be voting Obama
Hmmm...... nope. Myself! :D

I'll will not decide until I am at the ballot. In which case, my thoughts can keep going and process information until I hit that little button instead of being .... "yep. nobody else. just him. i know who I want"
"did you know that he kills puppies?"
"yeah, i'm still voting, i made my mind up"

hmm.... I can always change my mind until I push the button.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hmmm...... nope. Myself! :D

I'll will not decide until I am at the ballot. In which case, my thoughts can keep going and process information until I hit that little button instead of being .... "yep. nobody else. just him. i know who I want"
"did you know that he kills puppies?"
"yeah, i'm still voting, i made my mind up"

hmm.... I can always change my mind until I push the button.
You know, I've never heard you say you don't kill puppies. Maybe it's because you were to busy, killing puppies!

SheepStar

annunaki

annunaki

I have no problem with JL Audio, I am extremely pleased with my F112, it continues to amaze me, so I will take your word on the value they offer.

I was just looking at amps, and came across the HD600/4
Impressive #'s for how small it is... Class D.... Could fit that thing just about anywhere.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/wilf2k/JL shallow/P1020219.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/wilf2k/JL shallow/P1020214.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/wilf2k/JL shallow/P1020220.jpg

I assume something like that would be more then adequate for the system?

As far as drivers go, no clue on what sounds good.... not alot of places around here that I know of...

Have you ever done Fiberglass Sub Boxes..?
Check this one out... looks great... http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6122

I don't mind the thought of something like a W6v2.... I was only thinking about size constraints, I don't want a ridiculously large sub box, if I could do something like that Fiberglass scenario, I'm all over it... If JL had a stealth box I would buy it in a heartbeat.
The 600/4 would be more than enough for your purposes if you are doing 4 internal speakrs/speakersystems. ere you going to get a seperate amplifier for the subwoofer then as well?

The W6v2 requires a fairly small enclosure in a vehicle. Sealed at 1.25 ft^3 gets to around a .85 QTC which is acceptable in a car. 1.44 ft^3 would be a .707 QTC (ideal). They sound very nice with as little as 250-300 watts but much better with around 500 or so on tap.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
You know, I've never heard you say you don't kill puppies. Maybe it's because you were to busy, killing puppies!

SheepStar
It's "too".... and I was busy killing groundhogs. Puppies make too much of a mess. :D

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
It's "too".... and I was busy killing groundhogs. Puppies make too much of a mess. :D
Ok guys, take it to PM, lets keep it on topic.....

Back to discussion of car stereo...

Because those amps are so small, I had intentions of doing 2, a 4 channel for the speakers, and the single channel for the sub... The 750w is obviously a little much, but the output can be dialed down. I don't mind the trade off in spending a little extra money to make a completely stealth install...

I wouldn't mind using a 12" sub as long as it doesn't take up too much space, but maybe I could get enough punch, output, and clarity from a 10" in the same line that obviously requires less cu ft. What do you think of the 10W6v2 ?

annunaki

annunaki

In the average vehicle, it will do very well. I would potentially consider the 8W7 at or possibly below the 10W6v2 in price as well. Both would be great options with around 500 watts. The 8W7 equals most normal 12" subs in output.

They won't get down quite as deep as the 12W6v2 but they will be quite good.

If you are after a compact enclosure, the Image Dynamics IDQ12-D2v.3 may be a viable option. They will work well around 1.0ft^3. They are quite linear and have similar excursion to the W6v2 at 18mm one way. You can go down to .88ft^3 with the 12 if needed and still get pretty good response.

Last edited:
Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Well, Friday was a good day....

Here's the long story.... My accountant, good friend has a buddy that is the sales manager at one of the Honda dealers.... I called them and told them what I was looking for, 08 Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed loaded with everything.... No more available within 4 states. Called me back a couple days later, they had my car in... Got a 2009 at Invoice with a bunch of stuff tossed in and 1.9% financing that was supposed to be for the 2008's... :D No haggling, no hassle... I got the guys I dealt with each a $50 gift card for a great restaurant and brought a couple of cases of beer... We all had a great time...

Color me Very Very happy...

Unfortunately my drive back from the dealer 30 miles away was really a pain, the beginning of the long weekend of 105th Harley anniversary, traffic sucked so bad... I couldn't get the dam car out of 3rd gear... :rolleyes:

At any rate I didn't get the chance to take pics of my own, but here is a pic of my new ride... Tons of fun... Oh that new car smell.. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sweet!!! Congratulations, Patrick. Because of this thread, I actually checked out the new Accord Coupe last week at the local dealer (I'd never seen one before). Nice looking car. I like it much better than the sedan.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats Warp,
Nice ride.
I'd heard the Harley thing had really messed up the traffic down there. Maybe by tomorrow you'll be able to open it up a bit.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
"But, officer. It's brand new. I HAD to try it out!"

OMFG..... That is so funny...

I was taking my son to best buy the night I bought the car, and I forgot to put my plates on it, and I opened er up.. squealin tires into 3rd gear and wouldn't cha know it... Cop behind me... woo woo... pulled over... :eek:

Grey haired old man cop in my town..... I told him "my son told me to let er out, What was I supposed to do, disappoint him?"
He replied graciously --- "YES" and handed me a warning... :D
Maybe I would have gotten a ticket if he saw the plates that were supposed to be on the car... :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice warp!!!! Glad to hear you have had some good luck come your way my friend. Hey, if you ever come down my way be sure to stop by and take me for a ride. I don't drink beer anymore, but will have some soda for you.......LOL!!!! ;);) Congrats on the new car!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Sweet!!! Congratulations, Patrick. Because of this thread, I actually checked out the new Accord Coupe last week at the local dealer (I'd never seen one before). Nice looking car. I like it much better than the sedan.
Check one out with a V6 6 Speed... goes like hell...

This is my 3rd Accord Coupe... they just keep gettin better and better...

So much fun... and so much tweakin I'll be doing in the future...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice warp!!!! Glad to hear you have had some good luck come your way my friend. Hey, if you ever come down my way be sure to stop by and take me for a ride. I don't drink beer anymore, but will have some soda for you.......LOL!!!! ;);) Congrats on the new car!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks Phil.... I will certainly ring you up if I'm floatin about down that way...
I'm allergic to beer, but would gladly have a soda with ya, might just have to pull out the flask to giver a kick... :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis