MGS4 = best game ever!

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I have been playing for about 3 hours and that's all I have to say....

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
A little more explanation would be nice.
He's probably so involved with the game that he can't take the time to make a lengthy explanation.:D

Am I to understand they actually utilized the cell processor for this game?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Metal Gear Solid 4 for those confused... I loved the trailer. They need a demo...
I know what MGS4 means, I was just hoping for a bit more explanation as to what makes the game so great...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for investing so much time in this game and giving us such an indepth, detailed review. It was wonderful.:p. I forgot this game was coming out this week, sweet:).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Here are some critics score of this game that are available at this moment.

gamesTM 8 / 10
Games Master UK 97 / 100
GamePro 5 / 5
Official Playstation Magazine 5 / 5
Edge Magazine UK 8 / 10
Gametrailers 9.3 / 10
1UP A-
Playstation Official Magazine UK 10 / 10
Maxi Consolas(Portugal) 9.5 / 10
Eurogamer 8 / 10
PSM3 Magazine UK 9.5 / 10

Decent scores so far! I think this is going to be the best PS3 game to date. Not much of a surprise though.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I normally don't buy games right when they come out, except for Devil May Cry. But I'll be picking this one up after work.

I didn't really enjoy the online beta when I played it. But most of that is probably just because I suck at FPS.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
After work? Good luck with that...when 3 came out it was sold out for weeks at most places. I figure they know that though, and would have bought as many as they could get.

By the way, Hideo Kojima will be at Metreon at 6:00pm on Sat for a release event, if you didn't get the email. I have been waiting for this game since I got my PS3. It was one of the reasons why I bought it.......

*Edit - I just dropped by Frys and picked it up and it is almost sold out at this one (Brokaw). The lady at the front said "Yeah, the 80G bundles sold out in a few minutes this morning".

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
After work? Good luck with that...when 3 came out it was sold out for weeks at most places. I figure they know that though, and would have bought as many as they could get.

By the way, Hideo Kojima will be at Metreon at 6:00pm on Sat for a release event, if you didn't get the email. I have been waiting for this game since I got my PS3. It was one of the reasons why I bought it.......

*Edit - I just dropped by Frys and picked it up and it is almost sold out at this one (Brokaw). The lady at the front said "Yeah, the 80G bundles sold out in a few minutes this morning".
Yeah, luckily I pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago. So they should be holding one for me. I did get that e-mail about the Metreon. Though I would be more interested in meeting Yumi Kikuchi than Hideo Kojima. :D

I went to the Metreon a few years ago when Jet Li was there signing his game. That was cool, but you didn't really get a chance to talk to him. He's hella short in person.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I preordered 3, but I didn't preorder this one because it was soooooo long in the making and then delayed.

You showed me your signed copy of Rise of the Dragon :)

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Ok well I am halfway done and I have to say the game keeps getting better and better. On the graphics side this is by far the best looking PS3 game yet. Granted Uncharted looked good but the facial models on this game alone are superior.

As far as gameplay is concerned it basically plays like a movie. Be prepared for a lot of cut scenes but they are rendered in real time so everything runs smoothly. Action wise there is alot more combat than the other MGS games and you can either stealth or fight your way through most of the game if you want. The AI is actually very advanced and on Solid Normal it can be quite challenging at times. Enemies will flank you and will never go at you alone.

Ohh yeah and be prepared for two 90 minute cutscenes!:eek:

Ohh yeah and game also uses 12GB of HDD space. 5GB on initial install and then 1.5-2 GB for every act.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Can you save your progress of the cut scene or do you have to watch all 90 minutes at once?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder if the game is on a Dual-Layer Blu-ray as well. So far all I have seen are single layer Blu-ray games for the PS3.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I played it for about an hour last night. It's pretty cool so far. I just need to get used to the controls.

But the graphics are indeed, very nice. Haven't tried the online yet.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
not so sure if I could handle two 90 min. cut scenes.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I was reading a review about this game and they said about half of the time playing is watching cutscenes. For the people that have played this game what are your thoughts on the cutscsenes and do you think the concept was over done in the game. I have not played the game so are the cinematic scenes too much or is there a nice balance between this and the actual gameplay.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I was reading a review about this game and they said about half of the time playing is watching cutscenes. For the people that have played this game what are your thoughts on the cutscsenes and do you think the concept was over done in the game. I have not played the game so are the cinematic scenes too much or is there a nice balance between this and the actual gameplay.
The game is like any other MGS game so it's very cutscene heavy. It's supposed to act like a movie so the game is pretty much 50/50 in terms of cutscenes and gameplay. I am a fan of Japanese style RPG's so I am used to cinematics and for me it makes the game more enthralling. People that are not used to this type of game might find it frustrating at first but you should definitely give it a chance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis