Which speaker company do you think has the biggest "fan boys"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
BOSE!!!!!, j/k, glad our nearest member is 2 hours away, sorry tls guy....

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Sorry I am late.

My nominations:
1) SVS
2) AV123 aka Rockets

Marketing is one thing, but when you get people literally shoving these companies' products down your throat in every single thread, you get sick of their marketing REALLY fast.

I'm waiting for Codexp3 and Furrycute to post.

SheepStar

codexp3

codexp3

Audioholic
Sorry I am late.
Marketing is one thing, but when you get people literally shoving these companies' products down your throat in every single thread, you get sick of their marketing REALLY fast.
I agree 100% I was just trying to be nice tonight.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry I am late.

My nominations:
1) SVS
2) AV123 aka Rockets

I guess they shouldn't ask for suggestions, those limy bastards.

SheepStar

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Sorry I am late.

My nominations:
1) SVS
2) AV123 aka Rockets

I wouldnt call that marketing, i would call that haveing a good product and people like to recomend good things when they find them. So what does that tell you? Thats why you hear about them all over the place.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I wouldnt call that marketing, i would call that haveing a good product and people like to recomend good things when they find them. So what does that tell you? Thats why you hear about them all over the place.
He's just raw because his favorite brands aren't talked about that much. Honestly I wouldn't bother, you're never going to convince him.

SheepStar

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
What are my "favorite" brands?

Just FYI, my favorite brand of ham is Black Forest Ham. Do I get sore that no one here seems to be interested in Black Forest Ham? Hell no. And I don't go around preaching to every single person that pops onto these forums that Black Forest Ham is the best ham on this planet.

He's just raw because his favorite brands aren't talked about that much. Honestly I wouldn't bother, you're never going to convince him.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What are my "favorite" brands?

Just FYI, my favorite brand of ham is Black Forest Ham. Do I get sore that no one here seems to be interested in Black Forest Ham? Hell no. And I don't go around preaching to every single person that pops onto these forums that Black Forest Ham is the best ham on this planet.
Well Duh, this isn't Hamoholics.

If you really had a legitimate beef with SVS/ID brands/whatever else you hate, you realize that the large number of real (credible) satisfied customers means that even though they allegedly had some marketing scam, they still run a good company, and take care of their customers. Not to mention the products preform well.

SheepStar

codexp3

codexp3

Audioholic
Now that you mentioned it, is there a really good hamoholics hangout on the net?
I more of a Boar's Head ham guy myself. I have no problem with an individual defending their favorite product on the boards. I'm not fan of a company impersonating an end user and singing the praises of their own product.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here we go. Unbelievable. Dude, if you want me to post links to one of MLS's posts on his board and see the 50-60 page threads that occur within 24 hours that have to be closed, I'll be happy to do so.

Unbelievable. Rockets are ok and that's it. Sorry fanboys to bust your bubbles but they're not even really High end gear. Sorry again.
Dude, if there are 50-60 page threads on his posts, then he's obviously doing something right. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising. As for your comments about Rockets not being high end gear, I have a couple questions for you. First, have you ever heard them? Secondly, have you ever seen them? If you've ever seen them, that alone would speak volumes. If you went to a dealer to buy the same furniture grade quality enclosures, you would pay considerably more. I happen to like the real south American Rosewood. ...and yes, they actually go to south america to get their wood and build them. Gotta love the excellent piano finish end caps. My RS850 Signatures weigh 200lbs. That alone should tell you something about their build quality. They use much thicker MFD enclosures then most. Now, of course, there are many other companies out there that make excellent speakers as well. But your comments make it sound like you think the Rockets are crap. Also, your comments about them not being "high end gear" is a matter of what your definition of high end is. Price-wise the Rockets are a good value, good sounding speakers, nice looking, and very well built for a price that is actually affordable. Now, obviously, you wouldn't compare them to a $20,000 pair of Revel's, but for the money, they do a fine job. I'd recommend them for someone looking for furniture grade speakers, also looking for something not overly bright, easy on the ears, big soundstage, and can handle lots of power. I would recommend adding an amp, if you really want to hear them sing though. The bottom line is that everyone likes different speakers. They all sound different. There is no perfect speaker. Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes. As for fanboys, I think the term is overly used. I think it only natural for there to be a sense of pride of ownership over a speaker purchase. Many consumers are not made of money, and let's face it, good sounding speakers are not cheap, so the enthusiast saves his money and finally bites the bullet after hours of research, and auditioning. In the end, many of us have experienced quite a journey by the time we've made our decision. Why shouldn't we be proud of our new purchase? If you are happy with your purchase, that's all that matters. After all, you are the one that's going to be listening to them. If they make your ears happy, well, like I said, that is all that really matters, kick back, relax and enjoy the music!! :D

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been led to believe that only product lines that actually make something of very good quality or value will attract fanboys. It's inevitable, logical. Also, these brands have sold a LOT, and so we will see more bad apples because there is simply a larger population being represented. This all being said, the two worst, in order, are not speaker companies:

- PS3 owners
- SVS owners
:p
Dude, the last time I checked, SVS was a speaker company! I mean, they make speakers. Doesn't that make them a speaker company :confused: :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
PS3 owners? Only a 360 fanboy would accuse a PS3 "OWNER" of being a "fanboy". We own a PS3, it's got brawn. The 360's got all the games though (but I don't play many games and the PS3 gets used a lot for movies). The 360 and PS3 both have certain things about them that appeal to a certain audience, neither platform is technically "better" in my opinion.

C

calnbs

Audioholic
Life is the "ONLY HIGH-END" thing.

Every company in every product have their fan boys, they are the consumers who drives these products. Whether its speakers, mansions, Bentleys, Rolex, etc...it all have "idiots" who's willing to pay for it. can I hear my music better with a $200,000 speakers than my $1,000 speakers...chances are...NO. Can I tell time better in a Rolex than a Timax? NO.

Why did I get a feeling this threads going to get ugly....lol. My speaker is high end and yours isn't...LOL..who says so? Just because it cost more? LOL. Will that $50, $20,000 or $200,000 speaker transform into Angela Jolie, cooks like a 5 star chef, and give the best night of your life in love making? LOL. The answer is "NO". After its all said and done, a speaker is STILL A SPEAKER. BUY WHAT YOU LIKE AND NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE THINKS ITS HIGH END OR NOT. Whether one owns a Rocket, Axiom, Paradigm, or some 20 million dollar speaker, it's just still a speaker. It won't cure you of cancer. A value of a product is PUSH by the media, the manufacturer, and the consumer (fan boys) who is willing to pay for it...whether it is a speaker, a Bentley, or a 10 billion dollar diamond. LOL...in the end, its just a material thing that can't save your life when you are dying from a terminal illness. The truth is, there is only one "high-end thing"...that is: LIFE. It's something you'll do anything and everything to keep it.

S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
Lets just face it, all the corporate manufacturers could do much better, build your own and you got nothing else to compain about unless didn't follow the directions....:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Lets just face it, all the corporate manufacturers could do much better, build your own and you got nothing else to compain about unless didn't follow the directions....:D
Insert rod support A into slot B....

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

SheepStar

P

Penny

Banned
How prophetic are these words from IntheIndustry:

"Fanboys often get angry or upset if someone disagrees or has something negative to say about their fanboy idol of affection, especially if the person disagreeing has real world experience to back them up."

Soundman, heed these words.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
It's always been my philosophy that if one wants pretty furniture, then go to a furniture store and buy REAL furniture. And if one wants good speakers, then you buy speakers from a REAL speaker manufacturer.

I think my mahogany drawer chest looks very nice (it damned better be, since it cost me $$$$). And I guess if I have a 10,000 watt amp lying around here somewhere, I can make my drawer chest sing like a pigeon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis