stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
It seems Miami is being over-run by ugly, misshapen, bug-like creations known as SMART cars. In the middle of the exotic car panorama, a new distraction has flowered and beautiful it tain't. I've crossed paths with a couple of the insectoids, a red and a white. Though reported to be fuel-efficient, there are better looking alternatives, yes the Prius is better looking and I'll take a Mini-Cooper over any of these RAID refugees. A by-product of an unnatural union between Mercedes Benz and Swatch, the critters are popping up in all neighborhoods, from the well-to-do to the lower ranks. Oh well, someone said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in this case the beholders must be blind.:)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I agree. Odd looking little things and expensive too. I don't think the fuel economy will ever make up the difference in price from a base Focus.

Senior Audioholic
I love them!

They were everywhere in Europe a couple years ago when I visited.

But they are damned expensive and a Mini Cooper is a little classier.

I also was hoping they would introduce the diesel fuel Smart Car.

I think running a Smart car on bio-diesel would be a sweet thing.

I have a source of free used cooking oil I can tap into.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
A Mini will sit 4, arguably a better looking car, better performance, decent MPGs, what's the purpose of the Smart? If it's exclusivity, forget about it, in a couple of months they'll be at every stop light, once the novelty wears off, it will be just another ugly little car, like Seth said.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It's stupid until you stick a Hayabusa engine in it.

Busa + Smart = Donut machine.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
It's stupid until you stick a Hayabusa engine in it.

Busa + Smart = Donut machine.

SheepStar
How do the Canadian cops feel about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Well, if all Smart cars were that "smart," I could forgive the design aspect. Needless to say, they're still ugly.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Has the Roadster made an appearance? It's not an 8C, but a bit better looking than the other Smart.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
"Hay guys! Let's stop production of the only desirable thing we make!"

Did they say why?
Their FAQ section just says they've stopped building the roadster and another model (can't remember) worldwide. That's the first time I saw the roadster, on site you posted, looks nice, much better than the roaches crawling around my neighborhood passing themselves off as cars.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
People are buying them for the mileage. The problem is that my old Subaru Justy got better mileage for less money, had more interior room, and didn't look any worse.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking of monster trucks, have you guys seen the price of diesel????:eek:

There's two gas stations near my house, one has it for $4.00 the other, $4.06.... craaaaaaaazy!!! Diesel, as far as I know costs less to refine, thus it should be less than gas, what gives?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
This is a fairly simplified view of the subject, but here it goes...

Petroleum products are refined through a process called catalytic cracking in which the raw material is heated a point in which it separates. Diesel is essentially the waste product of this reaction, but is so full of various pollutants that it must be purified, by law, before use in a combustion engine. This purification process is one reason for the high diesel costs.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
My wife was going to get one of the diesel VW Jetta's a short time ago. Then we noticed the prices at the pump, and figured it wasn't worth it anymore, like it once was.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis