AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Craigsub,

Its nice to know that a $599.00 sub can keep up with a PB-13 Ultra---to a point. That last few Hz are oh so hard to achieve, and why, it just shakes everything, and you can't hear it.

I'll give her a good shake down, then after shes properly broken in, I'll pop in my Hsu Research CD, with all the cool bass tracks. Meter will be handy :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
For the record, the MFW-15 looks like a budget killer. I bet those Dayton kits won't stack up to this guy.:D

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

For the record, the MFW-15 looks like a budget killer. I bet those Dayton kits won't stack up to this guy.:D
Yeah and Parts Express is going to try and sell those more expensive models designed by Dr. Hsu. soon.

AV123 just dropped a BIG BOMB on the subwoofer market IMHO.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm definitely going to keep this sub in mind for when I'm ready to upgrade. I'd still like to see some reviews of the Emotiva dual sub system first, though.

Jim

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I'm definitely going to keep this sub in mind for when I'm ready to upgrade. I'd still like to see some reviews of the Emotiva dual sub system first, though.

Jim
I believe the Emotiva's will win with 800 watts, room eq, more cone area, sealed enclosures (punchy tight bass), etc. but thats the difference in $599.00 and $999.00

Ric

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I would love to see a face off between the eD A5-350/MFW-15/Epik Knight.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I believe the Emotiva's will win with 800 watts, room eq, more cone area, sealed enclosures (punchy tight bass), etc. but thats the difference in $599.00 and $999.00
Ric
you are comparing DUAL emo's to a single MFW? the dual MFW is also $999.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

you are comparing DUAL emo's to a single MFW? the dual MFW is also $999.
I forgot about the two sub discount. Hmm, 2 15's vs. 2 12's. Thats 700 watts peak vs. 800 watts for the Emo's. I believe AV123 would win the 35 Hz SPL test. But who knows, its never been done...Wheres Gene at?

I'll be doing some serious listening in March. Will compare the MFW-15 to my Dual Hsu setup. The Hsu system was $1600 shipped. AV123 ships for a bit more than $100 so the MFW-15 is right around $700.00 to the door.

100r1

Junior Audioholic
Best guess how MFW-15 would stack up against the Rythmik DS-12 or DS-12D (both Rythmik products in a sealed enclosure).

MFW-15 is in the same price range as the Rythmik products PLUS you don't have to build the cabinet for the MFW-15.

The Ds-1500 might be the better comparision.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
this is very exciting. I'll have to try one of these buggers out down the road when my room is a bit more finished...

N

nlberns

Audiophyte
It says in the review that you can purchase two subs for 998. I went to the site and I added two of them to my cart and did not get that price. Do I need a special code?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
It says in the review that you can purchase two subs for 998. I went to the site and I added two of them to my cart and did not get that price. Do I need a special code?
if you go to their subwoofer section, there will be 4 products: finish sample, x-sub, MFW-15 and dual MFW-15 ... pick the last one.

i won't post the link though ...

N

nlberns

Audiophyte
if you go to their subwoofer section, there will be 4 products: finish sample, x-sub, MFW-15 and dual MFW-15 ... pick the last one.

i won't post the link though ...
Thank you. I appreciate your help

M

Mark in GA

Audioholic Intern
MFW-15 on Order

I'm new to the forum here, but I ordered my MFW-15 back in mid Janurary and they told me the likely delivery date was in March. In fact the guy told me then that the Satin Black was up to 130+ preorders. I ordered the Palisander Natural Stain and I was maybe within the first 20 for that finish.

It looks to me like AV123's Mark Seaton design offering is off to a roaring start now that they are actually shipping them.

Later,
Mark in GA

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I just ordered 2 satin black ones :D Wish I could keep them both, but alais, one is for a friend that I'm building a system for. So we paid $603.00 each, with shipping the monsters. Man my UPS guy is going to crap purple twinkies when he see's those monsters on board the "Brown Truck" :eek:

M

Mark in GA

Audioholic Intern
I just ordered 2 satin black ones :D Wish I could keep them both, but alais, one is for a friend that I'm building a system for. So we paid $603.00 each, with shipping the monsters. Man my UPS guy is going to crap purple twinkies when he see's those monsters on board the "Brown Truck" :eek:
I have read on another board that having two MFW-15's raises your man-point count! :D I can only afford one right now, so I guess my man-point count won't be going up either. :(

Later,
Mark in GA

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
Craigsub,

Its nice to know that a $599.00 sub can keep up with a PB-13 Ultra---to a point. That last few Hz are oh so hard to achieve, and why, it just shakes everything, and you can't hear it.

I'll give her a good shake down, then after shes properly broken in, I'll pop in my Hsu Research CD, with all the cool bass tracks. Meter will be handy :D
Let me know what you think!!! Based on what I've been reading [Craigsub & others] this sub is a great value. If it has specific weaknesses that a newb like me should know about then please let me know.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis