AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
Thank you Vaughan and Larry

At first I thought I would save $300 but now I'm thinking for only $100 more I could get two. Decisions, decisions. Room is about 13x24x8, Maybe two would be overkill, I can't decide. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Mine is 11x14x8 and I definitely want two. My room already rocks with Axiom M80s.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I'm actually a bit sceptical to these subs because, unlike all former AV123 subs, these are ported designs, and in my experience ported designs are slower and does not perform as well as sealed sub's

has Av123 compromised with their own design goals?

Regards

Harald N
A ported design should not worry you. It looks to me like AV123 used a large slot port design, meaning there should not be issues with port noise. As for ported subs being "slower", that is a common audio myth. A properly designed ported sub will offer greater efficiency and maximum output when compared to a sealed unit. Distortion and nonlinearity are more functions of the quality of the driver, not the box.

A

autoboy

Audioholic
Bummer. I just bought a SVS PB12-NSD. Now I want one of these. I've been very happy with my SVS, what can I expect with the MFW-15 over the PB12?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Bummer. I just bought a SVS PB12-NSD. Now I want one of these. I've been very happy with my SVS, what can I expect with the MFW-15 over the PB12?
a longer wait? :D

seriously though, since both this and your SVS is tuned the same, you can probably expect just more output on the AV123 unit (having a bigger driver).

SQ wise, it's a toss up. (believe me, subjective opinions on subwoofers is so like choosing flavors of ice cream)

though if these were ex-stock ... I might be willing to try one ... or two.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis