UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
I'm sorry. It has now become Formula Yawn:(. no matter how hi tech the floats are, I can now only stomach one parade a year.... Macy's.
They have nearly the same amount of passes for the lead and at the end I get to eat too much and fall asleep:).

annunaki

annunaki

Racing is not all about overtaking.

Formula One is about precision, stategy, making passes that stick, and trying to beat the other teams as badly as possible. I find the races highly interesting even if they seem a bit processional from the outside. This year should be even better as they have done away with the fuel burn portion of Q3. It will now be a true shoot out for pole and who can go the absolute fastest with low fuel. Then strategy will come into play afterwards as teams can put in as much fuel as desired. This will spice things up at the front and introduce more overtaking. We may see more one-stop stategies this year perhaps. (assuming the tires would be up to the task)

The one lap guys stand to do very well here if the car is up to task. Trulli, Webber, Massa all come to mind.

I feel that Raikkonen will be winning quite a few poles next season. Alonso and Hamilton should be in the mix as well.

The Nascar crowd gets loads of overtaking but for what, to get passed again three laps later??? :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Upon reading the rules they must start qualifying with the fuel they will use in the race and no fuel can be added before the start of the race. This stinks. A heavy fuel load will be highly penalized.

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

Upon reading the rules they must start qualifying with the fuel they will use in the race and no fuel can be added before the start of the race. This stinks. A heavy fuel load will be highly penalized.
I don't think it will be a problem. It will force the starting lineup to pit earlier. Thereby preventing somebody from pulling way ahead of the pack. It will definitely mean an extra pitstop.

annunaki

annunaki

F1 is back in action this week. :D

The testing of the '08 cars kicked off yesterday at the Jerez circuit in the south of Spain.

Raikkonen was quickest on day one.

Alonso was quickest today in last year's Renault, no doubt set on fumes near the end of the session. Being that it is testing, it is difficult to really know anyone's true pace. I am thinking that the Ferrari's will be quite quick when things kick off in Melborne in 3 mos. time. BMW's '08 car looks really good. We will see how they stack up soon.

Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, and Toyota are the only one's to release their '08 cars at this point.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
2008 Formula One calendar

2008 Formula One calendar:

March 16 Australia (Melbourne)
March 23 Malaysia (Sepang)
April 6 Bahrain (Sakhir)
April 27 Spain (Barcelona)
May 11 Turkey (Istanbul)
May 25 Monaco
June 8 Canada
June 22 France
July 6 Britain (Silverstone)
July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)
Aug 3 Hungary (Hungaroring)
Aug 24 Europe (Valencia)
Sep 7 Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
Sep 14 Italy (Monza)
Sep 28 Singapore*
Oct 12 Japan (Fuji)
Oct 19 China (Shanghai)
Nov 2 Brazil (Interlagos)

waiting...impatiently waiting...

SBF1

Last edited by a moderator:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I was wondering the other day, "when is SBF1 going to start getting F1 fever?" :confused:Well here we are.:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I passed in front of the Ferrari dealer tonight as we were driving home from a restaurant, they've got F1 posters up featuring the prancing horse in all it's glory. My heart started to race, man I hope Ferrari smashes everyone this year, just to make up for last year's un-pardonable sin committed by McLarceny. Go Ferrari! Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
We were watching "Cars" last night. I love Guido and Luigi and how they love Ferrari. Just seeing Guido in that red, white and green "fro" is priceless!!!:D

So yes I've got the fever and the only thing that's gonna cure it is more cowbe...uh...F1!!!

SBF1

annunaki

annunaki

My brother is coming over to watch quali and the race with me, live of course :D. I am excited. We finally get to see who is stands where in terms of pace.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So...what did you think of the race???

I thought it was very entertaining but wish Ferrari had a better showing.

SBF1

majorloser

majorloser

It was an OK.
I watched both qualifying and the race Sunday afternoon (gotta love DVR's).
The lack of TC really threw most of the driver for a loop. Only the rookies with recent experience from the lower classes did well. And Toyota did quite well. Who would have thought that was possible? I see on the F1 website today that they finally DQ'd Reuby for leaving the pits on a red light. His crew chief is an idiot.

Hopefully this week will be a little different.

annunaki

annunaki

The race was actually quite good, with the exception that Ferrari had a poor showing. BMW really surprised me with their pace, as did Williams. Rosberg is a really good driver. The safety cars really helped some but hurt others. It sounds bad but it looks like McLaren may have a leg up on my boys in red.

If Kimi wouldn't have put in the grass at the restart, he would surely have made the podium. He was on a one stopper. He surely would've been in front of Heidfeld had he not goofed and made his scheduled stop.

Hopefully Malaysia will be a different story.

annunaki

annunaki

It looks like Melbourne was a flub for Ferrari. Mclaren did not have an answer for them this weekend. Kovalainen outclassed Hamilton this weekend too. He qualified higher with more fuel. Raikkonen looks like he is still the fastest man in F1.

If it was not for Massa making a critical error, the Maranello squad would've had a 1-2 finish and lead the Constructor's Championship. With Bahrain up next and Ferrari's pace there in testing, they should be able to pick up the 1-2 finish (knock on wood).

majorloser

majorloser

GO KIMI

It's about time! But what the hell was Massa thinking? That should have been an easy 1 & 2 victory Big Red :mad:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
GO KIMI

It's about time! But what the hell was Massa thinking? That should have been an easy 1 & 2 victory Big Red :mad:

Massa wasn't thinking! He's fast but his attention span is a little erratic at times.

Reminds me a little of Jean Alesi...

SBF1

ps Yea, I'm late to the discussion. I just watched it last night.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Massa...Points???

Quick poll...

Will Massa score points this weekend?

How many?

I say yes and 10. He's a good driver and due. (A little scary some times though.:D)

SBF1

majorloser

majorloser

Boy Wonder crashed his car this morning in practice.

I hope Kimi and Felipe can both bring home a podium this time around.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis