UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Spa...best track ever!
I'm sure you know all about this, but it never ceases to amaze me.....

There is this bend at Spa, never recalls the name... some say it's the toughest bend you can drive with a formula1 car....
The drivers go into it with full throttle at some 250Km/h, in the midst of the bend you're under influence of some 3 G, still accelerating with full throttle, and they can't see the end of the bend.....

What are these guys made of??? :confused:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure you know all about this, but it never ceases to amaze me.....

There is this bend at Spa, never recalls the name... some say it's the toughest bend you can drive with a formula1 car....
The drivers go into it with full throttle at some 250Km/h, in the midst of the bend you're under influence of some 3 G, still accelerating with full throttle, and they can't see the end of the bend.....

What are these guys made of??? :confused:
I believe your referring to Eau rouge. Not all cars/drivers could go full throttle flat out all the way through but if your car / set-up / nerve could handle it...:eek:

SBF1

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Is it just me or is the Bahrain track kinda boring?

On another note I was write. Massa scored 10 points.

SBF1

majorloser

majorloser

A great race after all. :)

It was nice to see a "one-two" finish by the boys in red. And the entire weekend was kind to the BMW boys. Kuby did a great job. And losing 16 pounds just so they can shift some weight around in the car. The guy was as thin as a rail before losing weight. :eek:

annunaki

annunaki

BMW is really coming along. Before the season is out it may be Ferrari vs. BMW the way things have gone lately.

I feel like team orders were at play today with Kimi. He was easily matching Massa's pace, had more fuel, yet was called in at least 3-4 laps early on the 2nd stop. It seems like Ferrari wanted maximum points today. Though Kimi did say they were struggling a bit for the right set up.

I am not complaining, the Kimster is atop the points standings. :)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Didn't the head of Formula 1 just get caught with 5 S&M Nazi hookers?
Max Mosely is the FIA president, who is allegedly tied to the nazi-sex-scandal, Bernie Ecclestone is F1's CEO and has nothing to do with the scandal. Formula 1 isn't involved in the scandal.

annunaki

annunaki

It sounds like Renault is following BMW Sauber's lead and dropping some serious coin on a CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) computer with 38 teraflops of processing power!

BMW's computer has only 12 teraflops of processing capability!

It appears as though CFD is replacing the wind tunnel to some degree. It is definitely paying off for BMW Sauber.

majorloser

majorloser

Grand Prix of Monaco

Man, what an awesome race today!

Even though Ferrari couldn't pull off a win today, the race was exciting. The rain really screwed up a couple of team strategies today. My hat goes off to Hamilton for a good race.

I was surprised to read that the stewards deemed that Kimi will not be penalized for losing control and contacting Adrian Sutil.

"...and though the Finn kept control of his car he smacked hard enough into the back of Sutil’s car to remove his own front wing and put the unfortunate German out of the greatest race of his life. Stewards subsequently investigated the incident, but decided no action was necessary." - formula1.com

This race has always been my all-time favorite. The location and this event have always had an aire of elegance. Hopefully, some day before I die, I WILL attend this race.

Next race...........Canada!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Man, what an awesome race today!

Even though Ferrari couldn't pull off a win today, the race was exciting. The rain really screwed up a couple of team strategies today. My hat goes off to Hamilton for a good race.

I was surprised to read that the stewards deemed that Kimi will not be penalized for losing control and contacting Adrian Sutil.

"...and though the Finn kept control of his car he smacked hard enough into the back of Sutil’s car to remove his own front wing and put the unfortunate German out of the greatest race of his life. Stewards subsequently investigated the incident, but decided no action was necessary." - formula1.com

This race has always been my all-time favorite. The location and this event have always had an aire of elegance. Hopefully, some day before I die, I WILL attend this race.

Next race...........Canada!

Yea Boy, it was entertaining for sure! I have always thought the Monaco GP was pretty boring (lack of passing) but not this year.:cool: Rain...seperates the man from the boys...and makes the racing awsome!:cool::cool::cool:

You are right about the location and all that goes with it. I found myself explaning the great racing events of the world to my 7 year old boy this morning.:) (Indy 500, Monaco GP, 24 hours of LeMans...)

SBF1

annunaki

annunaki

The race was first rate even if it did not go the way I had hoped. Very entertaining.

Hopefully the boys in Red bounce back very strong in Canada. Their aero efficiency, which was showing on the straights in Turkey, should prove vital at the higher speed Montreal Circuit.

annunaki

annunaki

Canada was again a pretty cracking race.

Props go out to Bob Kubica on his first win, as well as BMW's as a manufacturer. Those Sauber boys have to be extremely happy (and proud) to show what they are capable of with an extra $100 mil. for their budget. A 1-2 is a great way to reward the boys in the factory.

One has to wonder if more will follow BMW's lead of purchasing super computers for non-stop CFD work on their cars. It appears to be paying off for them in spades. Their car keeps getting quicker and the gap keeps closing to the other two.

I am looking forward to France and Britian for a red wash. Ferrari will be strong at both circuits (as their car is well suited to the layouts) and I am hoping for back to back 1-2's with Raikkonen leading both (fingers crossed). I feel Raikkonen surely would have won in Canada. He was the quickest on race day with the fastest lap. The fourth straight race with that feat.

majorloser

majorloser

I didn't get a chance to watch the race Sunday. But I do have it saved on my DVR. I wasn't going to read this thread till afterward, but I couldn't resist.

Congratulations to RK. He deserves the win.

majorloser

majorloser

French Grand Prix "Magny-Cours"

Another excellent race by the Ferarri team with "one - two" podium finishes. It was amazing the Kimi was able to milk his car home through almoast half of the race with the exhaust header broke off and flopping around in the breeze. They said the engine was threatening to shut down in the final laps with all of the excess heat buildup under the chassis. The picture of his car show the side were the exhaust came out was torn and burned up. And who would have thought Trulli and Toyota would be on the podium???

Next race is the British Grand Prix at Silverstone over the July Fourth weekend. It looks like Kimi will have to use his one free "unscheduled" engine change to make the next race.

annunaki

annunaki

Kimi's car didn't look too good after the race. It sounds like they will be using the free engine change. I just wonder if now is the time to take the freebie or hold out until later in the season when it may mean more.

It is great for Ferrari taking 1-2 finishes, and I am quite happy about that, but Kimi needs to keep Massa underfoot or he could have a hard time gaining back the foothold for the title. Especially sinc the car is quite good and Massa is quick this season. He seems more complete than in the past.

Kimi was dominating the race up until he had a problem. He had 7 seconds in hand over Massa. There is no doubt Massa got a gift there. Both Ferrari's were up over 20+ seconds on the rest of the field. It reminded me a bit of '04 at some tracks for a minute :D

If Michael were in the car this season, he would be dominating the championship. I have no doubts about that. He made very few if any mistakes and could always wrestle those extra few tenths when it mattered.

majorloser

majorloser

German Grand Prix '08

Not a very good weekend for Kimi and Ferrari in general. The weather and track conditions were good but they just couldn't get the car right. Massa was able to pull out a podium finish to stay in the points race. I'm afraid without more wins under his belt Kimi doesn't have a prayer for the championship.

Hamilton had another excellent race and puled off a couple really close passes toward the end to take the lead.

annunaki

annunaki

Ferrari need to get some more out of the car and fast. The way Hamilton dominated was kind of scary.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still heart broke over Massa's engine failure...:(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis