Grand Theft Auto IV delayed :(

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Eh, no biggie. I had one of the GTA's, (2 I think) and I never finished it. I got bored.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather they do a good job than a rushed one. As long as this doesn't affect my pre-order I am happy. (Will cost me $40 total)

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Eh, no biggie. I had one of the GTA's, (2 I think) and I never finished it. I got bored.
GTA 1 and 2 were terrible games. Good ideas, bad execution. III was a landmark game.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Really can't even compare GTA 2 to the likes of GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, they're completely different games.

I can't wait for GTA IV, but like avaserfi said, I'd rather see them take the time they need to deliver a quality product, I'm sure Rockstar won't dissapoint.

D

DrunkenWolf

Enthusiast
completely agree. Rockstar does a good job pacing the story and action in their games-one of the comments in the press release was that their goal is to exceed the fans wildest expectations... hopefully they are transforming how interactive the world is (Every building has an indoors perhaps?).

Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games, had this to say: "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I never really liked any of them, so no biggie.

B

Bradd

Audiophyte
I am thinking that something like this might just hurt the 360 sales a bit. I think microsoft was counting on a lot of people wanting to buy this game. There are lots of people out there who don't play lots of video games but do enjoy the GTA series. I know in my case, I probably would have bought a 360 just so that I could play this game, now I have no reason to buy a 360.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I am thinking that something like this might just hurt the 360 sales a bit. I think microsoft was counting on a lot of people wanting to buy this game. There are lots of people out there who don't play lots of video games but do enjoy the GTA series. I know in my case, I probably would have bought a 360 just so that I could play this game, now I have no reason to buy a 360.
I don't think this game will sway them toward or away from the 360, since it's a multiplatform game that will also be coming to the PS3 (and probably PC later, if history is any indicator).

R

RuffRyder93

Enthusiast
gta is really fun except 1 &2..... 3 and vice and san andres are the best....cant wait 4 IV.....but i mostly waiting 4 halo 3 omgs.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis