mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
WTF emorphien!

that scared the crap out of me. (I was flipping through many pages, and that pic surprised me) I thought sheep's pic suddenly morphed.

good lighting on that one sheep.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
WTF emorphien!

that scared the crap out of me. (I was flipping through many pages, and that pic surprised me) I thought sheep's pic suddenly morphed.

good lighting on that one sheep.
Florescent! The camera has a feature where you input the type of lighting (sunlight, iridescent, florescent, cloudy, moon) so it can adjust to take a better picture. I'm really pleased with the performance so far, I can even take videos!

Emorphein,

That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. Seriously, I actually want that picture taken down...

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. Seriously, I actually want that picture taken down...

SheepStar
That's the best picture of the bunch.:)

(Sheep: Just make sure you lock the door before you go to bed.)

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
I gotta put some of my cool photos up here. i take lots of pictures so i have quite a few to go through..

Yes, i actually do have another hobby other than music and home theater.

Photograpy!! yay

Tools of the trade are:

-Canon EOS Rebel XTi/400D
-Canon EFS 18-55mm Lens
-Canon EF ultrasonic 75-300mm Lens
-Canon Image Stabilizer Lens (17-85mm)

It all works well but Digital SLR's are really annoying to take care of if you change lenses a lot. Even with the anti-dust vibration feature of the camera, i STILL get a dusty sensor.

arrrg.

anyways, its all good...

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
For your SLR I highly recommend the large Giotto rocket shaped blower.

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
For your SLR I highly recommend the large Giotto rocket shaped blower.
haha but in the manual it says not to use blowers or compressed air cans to clean the sensor.

you can buy a cleaning kit

make a cleaning kit

or send it to canon to get cleaned for a low price of....200 DOLLARS!!! only to find that when its returned, it just has some new dust on it...

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
JohnB,

Any time lapse shots?
actually yes. i have one flower time lapse shot. i was trying out some software and I did it as a test.

With the software, you just hook up the camera with USB to your pc and you can control everything from the PC and you can even program it to automatically take time lapse shots.

Right now, i am working on a moon time lapse picture. i still have a while to go...

P.S. The only time lapse I have done before is of an ice cube melting. i will have to upload it on here tomorrow but now im going to sleep. exams tomorrow..

Last edited:
emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
haha but in the manual it says not to use blowers or compressed air cans to clean the sensor.

you can buy a cleaning kit

make a cleaning kit

or send it to canon to get cleaned for a low price of....200 DOLLARS!!! only to find that when its returned, it just has some new dust on it...
The blower bulbs are harmless. These don't even have the brushes on them which you don't want to use anyway.

Canned air can be bad if you get them to spray that white gunk on the sensor. I have not bought or purchased a cleaning kit, nor have I had to send my 1D MK II in for a cleaning, I use the Giotto rocket bulb blower to great effect without any drama or headache.

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
The blower bulbs are harmless. These don't even have the brushes on them which you don't want to use anyway.

Canned air can be bad if you get them to spray that white gunk on the sensor. I have not bought or purchased a cleaning kit, nor have I had to send my 1D MK II in for a cleaning, I use the Giotto rocket bulb blower to great effect without any drama or headache.
Well if you have used and it seems to work fine, i think i might pick one up this weekend. Apparently they sell them at my local electronics store so it shouldnt be a problem

I have heard of sensor brushes and supposedly, they work pretty well. do you think the brush in the rocket blower kit is soft enough to use on the sensor?

To everyone else: I am working on putting my time lapse shots into an animation to upload on here, its pretty cool and i should have it up soon.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
As I said, the rocket blower doesn't use a brush. I prefer to have nothing touch my sensor, and the rocket blower just has a long slender tip to help it get some good air velocity. if you take care with your camera, all you need is some quickly moving air to blow dust off.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Keeping The Thread Alive!

I can't claim the credit for these pictures - as they were takin by my sister - but they are cool photos. :D

(she has the bottom pic posted in a photo forum she frequents.... if it looks familiar to anyone.)

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
JohnB,

All I'm reading is my camera this, and my camera that. I don't see any pictures. I don't think you have a camera. LOL :D

LET'S SEE SOME PHOTO'S. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis