Car modding/projects thread!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the camera man needs to stay still when taking pics. :)

fritt

fritt

Audiophyte
Hey caveman shut up and come on lets see pics of your rides or rides you have had.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Fritt,

When you're my age(44) The Ride becomes a family car, I don't have pics, but here's what I've owned over time: Z-28, Corvette, 280ZX, 240SX, Infiniti I-30, I-35, Q-45, I never lease, always buy. I'm getting a G-35 coupe in a few days.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You aren't waiting for the turbo version that will be coming out? :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You aren't waiting for the turbo version that will be coming out? :D
I was talking to the salesguy at Infiniti, he wasn't sure when they were going to get it, of course he proposed I get on a waiting list and fork over 3000.00 bucks, I have an appointment with the sales manager Saturday, let's see what happens.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd personally just wait for the actual GT-R to come out, but a G35-T somewhat based on that would do :cool:

When I went to the dealer to see the Type R in 2000, I asked him if I could give it a test drive. He said "Sure, as soon as you pay for it..." like I was some punk off the street. That kind of ticked me off. So I bought it and drove it home. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hey don't be jealous, my wife will probably take it away from me.:D
I drove one of those at work, very fast :)

Stay tuned fellas, on Sunday there *should* be more photos as well as videos.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Just scored a used Devils Own Progressive Alcohol/water injection kit. Actually only the pump and controller are used, the rest of the hardware is brand new, saved me $100. Also included a 2 qt container.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/universal-progressive-alcohol-injection-kit-p-12.html

Picked up a new fiberglass spoiler. I can't stand the one that comes with it from the factory, this one is much smaller and flows with the lines of the car much better IMO. Comes primered, just need to get it painted.

Profile pic of what it looks like on the car.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Ya it will weigh about 1800 pounds just a little over, but wouldnt mind getting it down even more somehow. It will be able to hit 12's on street tires no problem and I can see 11's on slicks forsure...gotta love 20+pounds of boost and a light *** car :)
yeah, thats a lot boost on a car that size...

I dont want to be that negative guy on the internet... but you've got A LOT of tuning ahead of you if you plan to run that kind of poundage on that motor. I hope it works out though.... that will be insane quick if you keep it on the track.. just getting the timing right will be a chore but great numbers are certainly a possibility. Good luck to ya..

I've had 2 GSR's and one Type R. Way too much money and finally hit the High 10's with the R. ran 1 bar through the middle of 4th and 2 bar to finish up. what a rush. I then got an rx-8 shinka.... cool car, turbo'd the rotor motor up to 11 pounds.... fun car to drive, but overall very disappointed. Now i drive a trailblazer SS and my wife a G6 GTP 6speed. (really impressed with the pontiac, for what its worth) Oh, cant forget to mention the yellow 2003 50th anniversary Z06 in the garage. Fenderwell intake, PCM mods, and catback make this my "fix" for going fast like the "old days". I certainly appreciate both types of power. I do, however, enjoy power throughout the entire RPM band that the american, large motor, muscle provides...

Good idea for a thread. I'll see if can scan in some of my integra pics. pretty sweet...

fritt

fritt

Audiophyte
yeah, thats a lot boost on a car that size...

I dont want to be that negative guy on the internet... but you've got A LOT of tuning ahead of you if you plan to run that kind of poundage on that motor. I hope it works out though.... that will be insane quick if you keep it on the track.. just getting the timing right will be a chore but great numbers are certainly a possibility. Good luck to ya..QUOTE]

Ya I know about the tuning and im not looking forward to it :p But i am going to run turbo edit on a chipped pm6 ecu. I also have VERY low compression so running alot of boost wont be to hard:D what is done to your car to run 10's?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Exhaust update.

So, my exhaust had a crack in it just before the resonator. One day, it started to fail, and hang low enough to scrape the ground on high points (driveways etc).

Today, I went to pick up my friend at a transit station, and on the way back, it snapped off. After limping to my friends house (just before we were picked up to go see 300) I looked underneath to see it in 2 pieces.

Once 300 was over, I went back to his house, and "removed" the axle back and then the peice between the axle back and cat (it didn't break at the cat, and there is still 2 feet of pipping hanging off the cat and dragging on the ground).

So, I am forced to buy a new exhaust, and I want a stainless system, and I want it for cheap. Luckily Titan Racing (Company that made my header) has a stainless kit for my car.

I'll updated this when I do anything else.

SheepStar

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
So, my exhaust had a crack in it just before the resonator. One day, it started to fail, and hang low enough to scrape the ground on high points (driveways etc).

Today, I went to pick up my friend at a transit station, and on the way back, it snapped off. After limping to my friends house (just before we were picked up to go see 300) I looked underneath to see it in 2 pieces.

Once 300 was over, I went back to his house, and "removed" the axle back and then the peice between the axle back and cat (it didn't break at the cat, and there is still 2 feet of pipping hanging off the cat and dragging on the ground).

So, I am forced to buy a new exhaust, and I want a stainless system, and I want it for cheap. Luckily Titan Racing (Company that made my header) has a stainless kit for my car.

I'll updated this when I do anything else.

SheepStar
Ill still sell you my RS*R GT2 and my C&R full length radiator (both less than 1 year old) for $400 plus shipping.

Sean

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis