Newbie needs help with a Pioneer VSX53 and subwoofer issue.

D

DaveStre

Enthusiast
So I was adding some rear speakers to the system and realized I was using only the front channels for each side channel. They are NOT on the "surround back" channel. Will this play a role in the issue? I have the sub turned to "yes", the 2 front channels to "large" and my added speakers are the center channel as "small".

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
If using Front Speakers set to Large, the Subwoofer will need to be set to PLUS, not just YES, to output any audio from two channel signals.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I was adding some rear speakers to the system and realized I was using only the front channels for each side channel. They are NOT on the "surround back" channel. Will this play a role in the issue? I have the sub turned to "yes", the 2 front channels to "large" and my added speakers are the center channel as "small".
Are you saying your front speakers are connected to the side channels? You post is confusing and does not make sense to me. Your front speakers need to be connected the the front output jacks.

D

DaveStre

Enthusiast
Are you saying your front speakers are connected to the side channels? You post is confusing and does not make sense to me. Your front speakers need to be connected the the front output jacks.
So I have two big speakers, plus a subwoofer. I am using my setup for music off my turntable. I have the 2 large speakers wired into the "front" channels. I am wondering if having those plugged into the front versus the "surround back" could be causing the subwoofer to NOT fire up and produce output.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
No. If the Front speakers are set to Large and the Subwooferi is set to YES, you will not get sound out of the Subwoofer when playing two channel signals. The Front speakers need to be set to Small with the Subwoofer set to YES or the Front can be set to Large with the Subwoofer set to PLUS to produce sound from the Subwoofer when playing two channel signals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis