cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
ON something non covid, my sister 64 ( retired 2 years @ Hospital Director of nursing) took a cruise, and came home and 5 days later felt like crap. Felt like she had cold, congestion, runny nose, sore throat, a fever. Went to the doctor, they ran a Rapid RSV antigen test, she had caught RSV. This stuff is fast and it got into the chest. They got her on some type of antibiotics and 10 days on steroids and finally after 3 weeks she is starting to feel better. She called and asked if I got the one time RSV shot, I said no, she said do it. So that's my plan on Monday. With all of my past medical issues I sure don't need some deep chest infection that could led to crippling lung issue.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
ON something non covid, my sister 64 ( retired 2 years @ Hospital Director of nursing) took a cruise, and came home and 5 days later felt like crap. Felt like she had cold, congestion, runny nose, sore throat, a fever. Went to the doctor, they ran a Rapid RSV antigen test, she had caught RSV. This stuff is fast and it got into the chest. They got her on some type of antibiotics and 10 days on steroids and finally after 3 weeks she is starting to feel better. She called and asked if I got the one time RSV shot, I said no, she said do it. So that's my plan on Monday. With all of my past medical issues I sure don't need some deep chest infection that could led to crippling lung issue.
Thanks, I'm going to look into that shot.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
RSV hits the young and the old, often hard. I had my RSV jab as soon as it was available.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
RSV hits the young and the old, often hard. I had my RSV jab as soon as it was available.
Well the day I got my Covid and Flu shot, the only place open to another jab was my butt cheek , so I just put it off.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to this news article, at least some people with long COVID have inflamed blood vessels in their brains.

>>>Researchers took blood tests and special brain scans of 32 patients who previously had a COVID infection. Of those with long COVID brain fog, they found the blood vessels in the brain were not as strong — more "leaky," meaning they showed increased inflammation. In that group about half showed mild to moderate issues with  "recall, executive functioning and word finding." . . . More studies with far more patients are next. It's a discovery that may be particularly validating for long COVID patients, because right now diagnosis can be difficult.<<<

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
We now have an outbreak of measles in young kids in Florida. No surprise considering the anti vax quack Surgeon General here. :(

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We now have an outbreak of measles in young kids in Florida. No surprise considering the anti vax quack Surgeon General here. :(
With all the talk about measles recently, I double-checked my service medical records for my list of vaccinations and the MMR was among them. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

A study published in Lancet within the last 30 days from Wellcome Trust (206330/Z/17/Z), NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre, the Thüringer Aufbaubank,has documented progressive cognitive decline in patients with long Covid. Long Covid now known as PCC, is defined as significant Covid symptoms lasting longer than 21 days following onset of symptoms. This is disturbing, but something long suspected.

The incidence of long Covid from pooled data would appear to be 6.9%. So 7 out of 100 essentially. Since almost everyone has had Covid, this is a lot of people. The fear is that it is going to have an enormous impact on social care and a need for nursing home placement. The thing that worries me is that far from all of the long Covid population is elderly. This is in part at least because the best defense against long Covid is to be vaccinated and keep it current. The uptake of vaccines has been much higher among older individuals than the young.

Talking of vaccinations, the recommendation has come out today, that individuals over 65 receive a booster of the latest vaccine this Spring. I don't need anymore encouragement than that to book mine.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
With all the talk about measles recently, I double-checked my service medical records for my list of vaccinations and the MMR was among them. :)
I had an MMR shot a few years ago in order to be a contractor for the hospital system I worked for 25 years. Glad I did since the contractor company paid for it. I'm sure that I had measles shots when I was very young and also when I joined the USAF. Never had a bad reaction to any of them. Sorry to you anti vax peeps.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I had an MMR shot a few years ago in order to be a contractor for the hospital system I worked for 25 years. Glad I did since the contractor company paid for it. I'm sure that I had measles shots when I was very young and also when I joined the USAF. Never had a bad reaction to any of them. Sorry to you anti vax peeps.
Unfortunately I had measles before there was a vaccine. I remember it clearly and it was very unpleasant. They kept you in a dark room to prevent eye damage, which added to the misery. I remember I had a high fever and could not get warm. However getting measles confers lifelong immunity.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately I had measles before there was a vaccine. I remember it clearly and it was very unpleasant. They kept you in a dark room to prevent eye damage, which added to the misery. I remember I had a high fever and could not get warm. However getting measles confers lifelong immunity.
Same here, 7 years old 1959. The stuff was big time contagious.

highfigh

highfigh

Dark room? I don't remember that being recommended when I had Measles.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis