What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I already have the acrylic platter, I bought it 1 week after I got the turntable, wish they just put them in standard :). The price is step, but if it saves my Ortofon Blue some damage due to me falling asleep, worth it!
Another forum member is using the Q-Up which is only about $50 on Amazon. Audio Technica makes one for about $120. You would have to check the height and range of motion. I wanted something that would last the life of the table and I think the Tru-Lift is engineered the best. Prices vary a lot though as the Tru-Lift is often targeted at high end tables like VPI and the high end audio shops price it accordingly. They also charge a ridiculous premium for the larger bases as the inner workings are the same. Mine came from Trutone Electronics in Mississauga Ontario, and Audio Excellence (a high end shop) in Markham had the same price for the #1 to #4 model without the larger base. There should be some U.S. dealers also selling for retail so you need to shop around.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Yamaha EQ-550 arrived today very well packaged. I cleaned it up and put it in the stack. I think I goofed ordering this rack as I still want to fit in a Yamaha KX-1200 and Yamaha CD player but I don't think I have the shelf space. Its like playing audio rack tetras!! I will try different combos like putting the power amp in the middle rack and using the bottom rock to hold the deck, CD player, and preamp. If that doesn't work, I'll just remove the tuner out of the equation as I very seldom listen to radio, Besides, I have an AVR with a tuner as well.''

IMG_0623.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The Yamaha EQ-550 arrived today very well packaged. I cleaned it up and put it in the stack. I think I goofed ordering this rack as I still want to fit in a Yamaha KX-1200 and Yamaha CD player but I don't think I have the shelf space. Its like playing audio rack tetras!! I will try different combos like putting the power amp in the middle rack and using the bottom rock to hold the deck, CD player, and preamp. If that doesn't work, I'll just remove the tuner out of the equation as I very seldom listen to radio, Besides, I have an AVR with a tuner as well.''

View attachment 65206
Gosh, in the 80's eq's with the spectrum analyzer were the bomb. While I am into the nostalgia I don't ever want to mess with one again. :)

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I wish my BlueOS Controller software had an equalizer. All it has is bass and treble. Free music aps for smartphones frequently have at least a 10 band EQ. iTunes has an EQ. You'd think that BlueOS could do it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Today's music scores at a couple of Thrift stores.

IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0637.jpg

There were three LNOYL albums there all in good shape and all white LPs. I never heard the band before so I took a chance at $2.99 :p

IMG_0638.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg

D

dolynick

Audioholic
An SMSL P0100 Pro was delivered today.

Wanted to see if I can get a DSD signal straight to the Anthem MRX 540 (and recognized as such) from a PC to coax or optical. I know it will likely be DoP and it will get resampled internally for ARC anyways, but price was right just to see if it could be done. It surely can't be worse than the built in motherboard optical and hopefully supports 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz sampling rates which the onboard does not.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General

View attachment 65242View attachment 65243
There were three LNOYL albums there all in good shape and all white LPs. I never heard the band before so I took a chance at $2.99 :p

View attachment 65244View attachment 65245View attachment 65246View attachment 65247
You've got some classics there. Three Dog Night was an amazing band in it's day. Cyan had a hit with Shambala.

I have a concert DVD somewhere around here but I keep looking for them on a Blu-ray for the Lossless sound. So far no joy. ;)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 65242View attachment 65243

View attachment 65244View attachment 65245View attachment 65246View attachment 65247
Great pickups. My Dad loved Herb Albert so I grew up listening and love his stuff. 3 Dog Night a great 70s band that still play live. Live Rush is excellent. Enjoy!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Listening to the 20th anniversary edition of Brothers in Arms that came today and just bought the Mobile Fidelity Labs version after a few back and forth offers.
IMG_3741.jpeg
IMG_3740.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have that on an LP in pretty good shape. I never understood why they would release a digital recording on an analog medium. Then again maybe it was released like that because CDs weren't a thing then. I wonder if my LP is worth some $$.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I have that on an LP in pretty good shape. I never understood why they would release a digital recording on an analog medium. Then again maybe it was released like that because CDs weren't a thing then. I wonder if my LP is worth some $$.
Good question. It was advertised as a “full digital recording “ with a sticker on the case when it was released. CDs were just getting big in the marketplace as you noted. Worth checking on eBay and see what it’s going for.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have the MoFi LP's for Brothers In Arms, Moving Pictures, Communique, Love Over Gold, and the eponymous Dire Straits. Over time, I've also bought most of those (Love Over Gold excepted) in their original pressings. I got either first or second pressing on each. The MoFi versions do sound better, so I gave the others to my son.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Ordered late Saturday night:
1705347842904.png

I seem to be on a bit of a Hans Zimmer kick the last six months or so. Rewatch the movie in 4k and the moody choral work tempted me into going looking for it. Strangely, I couldn't find a flac digital copy out there, so it had to be a good old CD copy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hooray it's here and focusing works beautifully! Looks really nice and well made.
IMG_20240116_182351.jpg
IMG_20240116_182431.jpg
IMG_20240116_182633.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Dire Straits Live. Mine arrived today! Can't wait to rip them into the computer. Love CD and hate CDs. The ripping is a pain but I can't motivate to flipping discs.
Ugh. They are all in cardboard sleeves that are next to impossible to extract without touching the CD surface. Glad I only need to take them out and put them back once. Importing with Apple lossless.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis