D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump sure is losing it of late. No I didn't commit fraud. Thinks he's Mandela.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
USA could take back the tax handouts the Republican President handed out in 2017. As for you disliking helping USA's friends and allies in dire need when brutally attacked is nothing new from you.
And you think he's the only President who gave tax handouts? Have you heard of the Bill that has been called 'Porkulus'? Obama and Congress handed out ~$746 Billion and a lot of it was used fraudulently with a lot used to bail out companies that were seen as viable and favored by many, but they closed not long after they received the money. Pelosi has been quoted as saying "We have to pass it, to see what's in it". While that quote isn't complete, it shows the mentality of many in Congress- spend, spend, spend and they just want it to be seen as some grand gesture.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
and you are what ? A fiscally irresponsible foreign liberal with a tenuous grip on your 'Johnson' ?

Your point is taken ......... for when the previous knucklehead (Trump) ran the show he rang up the deficit by another 7.1 trillion in four years. The current misfit (Biden) has done the same amount in less than three !!
Joe might hit $10 trillion In four years. As the saying goes, records are meant to be broke. :p

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Oh my! Another one of the candidates vying to be the Republican nominee for President wants USA to leave NATO.

>>>One of the better-polling Republican presidential candidates said on Monday that withdrawing the U.S. from NATO was a “reasonable idea” and that he was “reevaluating” whether America should remain a member of the United Nations.

POLITICO asked Vivek Ramaswamy, the entrepreneur polling fourth nationally and in Iowa, about a Rolling Stone article detailing how the GOP frontrunner, former President Donald Trump, was open to taking the U.S. out of the transatlantic military alliance. He answered by supporting the notion, but didn’t commit to following through if he were elected president.
“It’s a reasonable idea that I have considered,” he said in a brief statement.

Ramaswamy didn’t detail, even after questioning, why he was amenable to a NATO withdrawal. Unsolicited, the candidate added that “I am also open to reevaluating U.S. involvement in the UN” without expounding further, even after more queries on the subject. ...<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
And you think he's the only President who gave tax handouts? Have you heard of the Bill that has been called 'Porkulus'? Obama and Congress handed out ~$746 Billion and a lot of it was used fraudulently with a lot used to bail out companies that were seen as viable and favored by many, but they closed not long after they received the money. Pelosi has been quoted as saying "We have to pass it, to see what's in it". While that quote isn't complete, it shows the mentality of many in Congress- spend, spend, spend and they just want it to be seen as some grand gesture.
We have to see what's in it to pass it. But ok Pelosi. Oldest trick is to cram as much stuff in a bill.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
We have to see what's in it to pass it. But ok Pelosi. Oldest trick is to cram as much stuff in a bill.
She was an effective Speaker of the House and able to corral big legislation to pass, even with a very slim majority. Contrast that with the current Republican members of the House.

She was also helped by the fact the progressives (what some here call the far left) are actually interested in governing and policies. I don't think "Freedom Caucus" is interested in that.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That quote actually ended with 'without the fog of controversy". OK, if they had crafted a good Bill, there shouldn't have been any controversy but with all of the BS they added, there was no other way it could have gone.

The idea that $746 Billion is a huge amount is so quaint...... and 'shovel-ready jobs'? GMAFB!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
She was an effective Speaker of the House and able to corral big legislation to pass, even with a very slim majority. Contrast that with the current Republican members of the House.

She was also helped by the fact the progressives (what some here call the far left) are actually interested in governing and policies. I don't think "Freedom Caucus" is interested in that.
@Mikado463 You marked my post "funny" but whatever you think of her politics she was effective in her role as Speaker.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, I knew I could bait you, you're like a dime store novel kid !! How much has your little slice of the world given to the cause ? As for the citizens of Ukraine, yes I feel for them. But for one of the most corrupt Gov't in Europe ??
Regardless, our enemies love it, they can bleed us dry financially !

WWIII might be right around the corner .........
Since you asked about how we, and your country as well, have given, here are some numbers as percentage of GDP. It does not include support for Ukrainian refugees outside of Ukraine (see the disclaimer). Not all support is public either, especially when it's related to military support.

Graph below is from https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-against-ukraine/ukraine-support-tracker/

With dataexploration: https://app.23degrees.io/view/F1tc2gv8QzFCs1ij-bar-stacked-horizontal-figure_3_4_csv_v2-1

1698762876928.png

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps a Moderate Republican can fill his spot ? .........

Are there any left?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis