D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Is there really that much difference between Moderna and Pfizer? In terms of side effects.
Moderna uses higher dosages than Pfizer ... so the reaction can be a bit stronger for some people... (on the other hand efficacy might be stronger or quicker as a consequence... swings and roundabouts!)

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
It's been 48 hours. Feel pretty good now. Wow, that shot knocked me for a loop. I was in bed all day on Saturday. Fever, chills, aches, stuffy nose, tiredness, slight nausea. The pharmacist told me that this is not a 'booster', it's a new vaccine and you will probably get sick. He was right.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The first dose with the Moderna vaccine was stronger than the Pfizer one in the past. I wonder how its new vaccine dose compares with the new Pfizer dose. We shall eventually get the info.

The first Moderna vaccine dose was strong and it caused some severe side effects. The second batch contained less vaccine concentration to counteract those bad side effects.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I've noticed a few papers recently that suggest different causes of long COVID.

Here's an article about a paper that suggests long COVID might be related to disruptions in mitochondria:

>>>In yet another example of Covid’s seemingly limitless reach into our bodies, new research maps out how the SARS-CoV-2 virus disrupts mitochondria, the power plants in all our cells. The extent of the damage, spanning the lungs, heart, liver, kidneys, and brain, could potentially be one explanation for the lengthy list of persistent symptoms of long Covid, from fatigue to brain fog. . . . The study published Wednesday in Science Translational Medicine builds on work showing SARS-CoV-2 can change the structure of mitochondria and hamper energy generation. It goes further to define the genetic mechanism that damages mitochondria in organs, leading to more severe disease and perhaps long Covid.<<<

Here's a more recent paper suggesting that reductions in serotonin may cause at least some symptoms:

>>>The researchers determined that a subset of patients with long COVID had traces of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in their stool samples even months after acute COVID-19 infection, which suggests that components of the virus remain in the gut of some patients long after infection. They found that this remaining virus, called a viral reservoir, triggers the immune system to release proteins that fight the virus, called interferons. These interferons cause inflammation that reduces the absorption of the amino acid tryptophan in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.

Tryptophan is a building block for several neurotransmitters, including serotonin, which is primarily produced in the GI tract and carries messages between nerve cells in the brain and throughout the body. It plays a key role in regulating memory, sleep, digestion, wound healing, and other functions that maintain homeostasis within the body. Serotonin is also an important regulator of the vagus nerve, a system of neurons that mediate the communication between the body and the brain.

The researchers found that when tryptophan absorption is reduced by persistent viral inflammation, serotonin is depleted, leading to disrupted vagus nerve signaling, which in turn can cause several of the symptoms associated with long COVID, such as memory loss.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Get back to us tomorrow. And Aleve really helped me with the Covid aftereffects. No effects from the flu shot.
Yesterday evening my shoulder was sore, but not badly sore. On a 5-point scale, where 0 is no pain and 5 is 'get me that morphine now', my shoulder soreness was a solid 2. I took a precautionary ibuprofen at bed time & slept decently. I briefly woke at 3 am, took another ibuprofen, went back to bed & woke at 6 am. That's good sleep for me.

When I was at the CVS drug store for the vaccinations, I completely forgot to pick up a bottle of Aleve or house-brand Naproxin. Ibuprofen is as effective for me, but it lasts only 4 hours, not longer. That can matter overnight.

My shoulder is still sore this morning, but I expect it will get better as the day goes by. As reactions to vaccinations go, this year's Covid-19 and Flu shots were minor problems, if any at all. My wife's reactions to the same shots a few weeks ago were similar.

In contrast, last week she got the RSV vaccine for Respiratory Syncytial Virus. It contained adjuvant, a loosely defined term that for vaccines means additive(s) that can increase the overall immune response as well as injection-site inflammation. She experienced greater pain that lasted for about 3 days. Apparently, there are some 5 or 6 RSV vaccines now available, and at least 2 of them include an adjuvant. The manufacturers apparently needed these adjuvants to boost the immune response to the poorly immunogenic RSV immunogen. Adjuvant additives in vaccines do have to be tested clinically and the FDA has to review & approve their use on an individual vaccine basis. Vaccine manufacturers are known to be close-mouthed about details of which adjuvants they add & how much, treating them like trade secrets.

This is not a warning to avoid the RSV vaccine because of adjuvant(s), I'm only providing a heads-up in advance that it might be more painful than this year's Flu or Covid-19 vaccines.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yesterday evening my shoulder was sore, but not badly sore. On a 5-point scale, where 0 is no pain and 5 is 'get me that morphine now', my shoulder soreness was a solid 2. I took a precautionary ibuprofen at bed time & slept decently. I briefly woke at 3 am, took another ibuprofen, went back to bed & woke at 6 am. That's good sleep for me.

Yesterday when I went to CVS drug store for the vaccinations, I completely forgot to pick up a bottle of Aleve or house-brand Naproxin. Ibuprofen is as effective for me, but it lasts only 4 hours, not longer. That can matter overnight.

My shoulder is still sore this morning, but I expect it will get better as the day goes by. As reactions to vaccinations go, this year's Covid-19 and Flu shots were minor problems, if any at all. My wife's reactions to the same shots a few weeks ago were similar.

In contrast, last week she got the RSV vaccine for Respiratory Syncytial Virus. It contained adjuvant, a loosely defined term that for vaccines means additive(s) that can increase the injection-site inflammation and overall immune response. She experienced greater pain that lasted for about 3 days. Apparently, there are some 5 or 6 RSV vaccines now available, and at least 2 of them include an adjuvant. The manufacturers apparently needed these adjuvants to boost the immune response to the poorly immunogenic RSV immunogen. Adjuvant additives in vaccines do have to be tested clinically and the FDA has to review & approve their use on an individual vaccine basis.

I'm not warning people to avoid the RSV vaccine because of adjuvant(s), I'm only providing a heads-up in advance that it might be more painful than this year's Flu or Covid-19 vaccines.
I have an appointment for COVID-19 and flu shots next week.

How's your 5G signal strength? :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I have an appointment for COVID-19 and flu shots next week.

How's your 5G signal strength? :D
I had completely forgotten about that conspiracy-driven pile of horse sh!t. There used to be so much nonsense about the Covid-19 vaccines, that I only could remember so much. The so-called 5G internet connection never made it to long-term memory.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
All set for next Tuesday for my Flu and COVID vaccine at Mayo following my quarterly dentist appt, which includes xrays. I've had nothing but Pfizer from the start including boosters at Mayo and I just might switch it up for this new vaccine and get the Moderna vaccine. RSV will wait till the following week and after I see my doctor.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
All set for next Tuesday for my Flu and COVID vaccine at Mayo following my quarterly dentist appt, which includes xrays. I've had nothing but Pfizer from the start including boosters at Mayo and I just might switch it up for this new vaccine and get the Moderna vaccine. RSV will wait till the following week and after I see my doctor.
I see little difference between the Moderna and the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines.

Compared to what can happen at the dentist, two vaccinations are nothing.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I had completely forgotten about that conspiracy-driven pile of horse sh!t. There used to be so much nonsense about the Covid-19 vaccines, that I only could remember so much. The so-called 5G internet connection never made it to long-term memory.
You know that’s one of the side effects? :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Does that only work with 5G Internet? What about Wi-Fi?
One shouldn’t let the real world stand in the way of a conspiracy theory! :D

But people believe the weirdest things, like that the world is 6000 years or so old, despite all the contrary evidence.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, good-

Off hand, this does seem high to me as I mentioned in a prior post

From the Reuters article:

>>>Lukin said she expects the vaccine - currently provided for free to all by the government - will be made available at no cost to people who have private insurance or government paid insurance. . . . The U.S. government currently pays around $30 per dose to Pfizer and German partner BioNTech SE (22UAy.DE). . . . It is not yet clear what kind of access people without health insurance will have to the vaccine.<<<

Assuming at least some people decide not to get it due to the cost, I can't help but wonder what the cost will be to care for the people who get sick because they decided not to get vaccinated. I realize the answer to this will probably never be known with certainty, but the $30 per jab paid by the government might be a lot less then the increased health care costs.

At the risk of derailing this thread on a political tangent, someone will ultimately pay for the cost of health care for the uninsured. The following is just one example of an article on the topic.

>>>Over the years, the federal government, states, and localities have devoted considerable resources to pay providers for care they provide to uninsured patients through several public program efforts (e.g., Veterans Health Administration and state and local indigent care programs) and also through direct financial support (e.g., Medicaid disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments).<<<

https://www.kff.org/uninsured/issue-brief/sources-of-payment-for-uncompensated-care-for-the-uninsured/

As an aside, my wife used to work for a hospital that took in numerous uninsured patients for all sort of things, including gunshot wounds, drug overdoses, etc. Some of the local families with significant wealth regularly contributed truly massive amounts of their own money to keep this hospital in operation. This was done behind the scenes and I highly doubt anyone knew about it other than a handful of people.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I see little difference between the Moderna and the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines.

Compared to what can happen at the dentist, two vaccinations are nothing.
Well these are my normal quarterly cleanings and once a year x-ray, both to ensure I have no jaw bone degeneration from my 2020 radiation treatments.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis