What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Wow, that is a steal! Congrats Jim. I wonder if they have similar auctions in the London or GTA area?
They have 2 locations in Canada the one in the east is in Brampton, ON which should work for you. PM me your email address and I can send you an invite to the Site. Over the years I've bought lots of stuff from them including Subs, Receivers, Computer components, Speakers, etc.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I put money down and now waiting for my new car to arrive for delivery in about a month.

This car (actually 2 different cars for outside and inside) on the lot are the same colors and trim as the one I'm getting. 2024 Subaru Outback Limited.

It has Harman Kardon speakers and amp. Better than crap. I listened to it a good bit on the test drive of this car but time will tell if I will want to upgrade any of the speakers.

My current car is a Subaru Outback Premium and it can index 9999 songs on a USB stick. This can only index 4999 songs. (Stupid!) So I've spent a lot of time making sure that Android Auto will do the job for me because I don't want to cut down the music I have with me by 50%. I have 8500 songs on my current USB stick. I have enough space on my phone for my full library on my phone.

2023 09 06 10 10 31.jpg
2023 09 06 10 11 30.jpg
2023 09 06 10 14 52.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I put money down and now waiting for my new car to arrive for delivery in about a month.

This car (actually 2 different cars for outside and inside) on the lot are the same colors and trim as the one I'm getting. 2024 Subaru Outback Limited.

It has Harman Kardon speakers and amp. Better than crap. I listened to it a good bit on the test drive of this car but time will tell if I will want to upgrade any of the speakers.

My current car is a Subaru Outback Premium and it can index 9999 songs on a USB stick. This can only index 4999 songs. (Stupid!) So I've spent a lot of time making sure that Android Auto will do the job for me because I don't want to cut down the music I have with me by 50%. I have 8500 songs on my current USB stick. I have enough space on my phone for my full library on my phone.

View attachment 63397View attachment 63398View attachment 63399
Nice. My parents just got a white one. They are amazed how quiet it is inside.

I have a 2022 WRX Limited and yes I know your pain with the USB stick. I am in the same boat of having around 10K songs on the stick but it only shuffles 5K. I have found this not to be uncommon. Even Roon only grabs 5K from my library of 35K when I hit shuffle.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I have a 2022 WRX Limited and yes I know your pain with the USB stick. I am in the same boat of having around 10K songs on the stick but it only shuffles 5K. I have found this not to be uncommon. Even Roon only grabs 5K from my library of 35K when I hit shuffle.
It's really dumb. And I don't even want to shuffle. All I need is a nested list of folders, or even just a list of folders arranged alphabetically because the separate music library I keep for the car has all of the folders named by artist and album in the folder name.

Anyway, Android Auto appears do do the job so long as you pick a good music app for the phone.

I need to hunt around this discussion board to see if there is any talk about the Harman Kardon speakers and amp. I have investigated pretty much all I can on the Subaruoutback.org discussion board and learned a lot about Android Auto but a lot of average people can't tell good sound from bad sound. People here would probably have more informed opinions.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have the Harman Kardon in mine. More or less the same across the Limited lines. It is better than average as far as I am concerned. I listed to mostly Rock and Jazz so I am not a bass head in any way. So for my purpose it has been good enough for me to never think about doing any upgrades.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I have the Harman Kardon in mine. More or less the same across the Limited lines. It is better than average as far as I am concerned. I listed to mostly Rock and Jazz so I am not a bass head in any way. So for my purpose it has been good enough for me to never think about doing any upgrades.
Rock or close to it for me. Dire Straits Sultans of Swing is usually my first go-to song on initial tests on whether I'll like the sound of something.

I wouldn't want the kind of bass that you can feel when the car next you at the stop light is blasting his 5 subs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Added Amazon Unlimited on a 30-day free trial. Better then cd quality on some songs. WOW! Might not be listening to my CDs and LPs much anymore. And no more FM.
They just raised the price FYI. It went down for a while when they made HD included in Ultimate instead of additional charge, but now raised it back up. I've been using it for a few years now and really enjoy it.

For the car, I use Android Auto via USB and stream from Amazon unlimited so I can listen to almost anything I am in the mood for. Works great, no file count so no restriction there. Shuffle works great or just listen to their genre stations. Not as good as XM, but good enough for sure and doesn't drop out when I am in a parking lot like XM. The quality is very good too.

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Nice. My parents just got a white one. They are amazed how quiet it is inside.

Way back when I started to research a new car I found that the number of songs that can be indexed was not in the manual. So I asked Subaru Customer service. I got an email back that they didn't understand the question. So I explained again. It's a simple question. I just got a second message from Subaru Customer Service and the answer is that they can't find the answer. Pathetic.

I had found the answer, 4999 songs, on the independent SubaruOutback.org discussion board and they had figured out by trial and error.

Subaru makes great cars. I wouldn't be getting my third Outback if I didn't think so. But how hard is it to index songs on a USB stick? And how hard is for that spec to be put in the documentation?

Gezz, free Android apps can index over 10K no problem. All six that I have installed on my phone can do it. I'm just waiting now to see which app plays best with Android Auto when the car comes.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Way back when I started to research a new car I found that the number of songs that can be indexed was not in the manual. So I asked Subaru Customer service. I got an email back that they didn't understand the question. So I explained again. It's a simple question. I just got a second message from Subaru Customer Service and the answer is that they can't find the answer. Pathetic.

I had found the answer, 4999 songs, on the independent SubaruOutback.org discussion board and they had figured out by trial and error.

Subaru makes great cars. I wouldn't be getting my third Outback if I didn't think so. But how hard is it to index songs on a USB stick? And how hard is for that spec to be put in the documentation?

Gezz, free Android apps can index over 10K no problem. All six that I have installed on my phone can do it. I'm just waiting now to see which app plays best with Android Auto when the car comes.
I don't disagree. The biggest complaint with these cars is the infotainment software. Your outback has a updated software that we are still waiting for.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I just bought on Discogs the DCC version of The Beach Boys Endless Summer CD. I used to own a copy but sold it years ago. Happy to find this collectable again. They go for up to a couple hundred bucks used. I paid $59 for a supposedly mint copy.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Just ordered the Who’s Who’s Next/Lifehouse super deluxe box set from Amazon the 1st day of release. It’s also available on Qobuz and Spotify and probably other sites but wanted the extras including the blue ray disc. My wife was surprised when she saw the order and price and thought the kids went nuts. Nope it was the big kid and the latest version of my favorite album. Being delivered Monday. Can’t wait. The family probably won’t be seeing much of me Next week lol.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 63397View attachment 63398View attachment 63399
Congratulations! Looks great. Love Subarus. Bought a used Forester for my daughter since she’s moved to her 1st apartment in the city going to grad school. Safe and reliable and very stable driving in the rain and snow. Hope the sound works for you. Made me think about the stock sound systems in cars. Will start a new thread about vehicles with the best sound. Enjoy!

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Very happy with the wiim pro plus and amazon unlimited music. One of the best purchases I've ever made for my system.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Trying out the JL Audio D110. Definitely will get a 2nd if I like it. Next to the Arendal Sound 1723 1S.
Didn't Erin's Audio Corner just publish a favorable review of one of those?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis