What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Pulled the plug and ordered the WIIM. I will report back after I hook it up and actually listen to it.
Finally got it working today with Amazon music. Way better than FM but not quite to CD quality. Might have to upgrade to Amazon premium for better selection and increased fidelity. Still nice to have continuous music as opposed to my TT or CD player. I guess I finally entered the 21st century. :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Finally got it working today with Amazon music. Way better than FM but not quite to CD quality. Might have to upgrade to Amazon premium for better selection and increased fidelity. Still nice to have continuous music as opposed to my TT or CD player. I guess I finally entered the 21st century. :)
Amazon Music HD is one of the two streaming services I use. It's really pretty good, though the user interface on the BluOS app isn't great.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Last night: "Hot Water Heater"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear. I’m on my 3rd and it’s only a matter of time. I had the plumber put in an automatic shutoff valve and wireless alarm in case it leaks or lets go again. May save money on your homeowners insurance if you let them know.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Just installed Sonos architectural in-wall speakers in my master bath connected to a Sonos amp mounted to the wall in the closet behind the bath. Sounds much better than the single Move I had on their wall hook. None of the plumbing is done but I’m happy with the sound for when it is. Happy Labor Day weekend to everyone in the U.S. And beyond!

F

FarmerBob

Audiophyte
Sorry to hear. I’m on my 3rd and it’s only a matter of time. I had the plumber put in an automatic shutoff valve and wireless alarm in case it leaks or lets go again. May save money on your homeowners insurance if you let them know.
Thanks. I had a non-Smart water alarm on it. But when it blew, it blew so quickly the pan couldn't hold the water volume. The valves and braided connections were all gunked up. I hate our water. Also installed an RO Water machine. Amazing!

Got the new one all installed and it's a wonder. Put a WiFi Water Detection thingy on it. It has a 12+ year warranty, so it's built different. Now to call my Warranty Company and get my money back and close the account.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Amazon Music HD is one of the two streaming services I use. It's really pretty good, though the user interface on the BluOS app isn't great.
Thanks for the info. Since I have an amazon account and the WIIM I will probably upgrade to Music HD and use the WIIM app. Thanks again.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some stuff I picked up tonight at the Thrift store. They have raised there prices on Vinyls, but nothing I wanted. Clash Best of I've been wanting and I found one! Lucky.:eek::cool::)
IMG_20230905_203820.jpg

IMG_20230905_203906.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the info. Since I have an amazon account and the WIIM I will probably upgrade to Music HD and use the WIIM app. Thanks again.
Added Amazon Unlimited on a 30-day free trial. Better then cd quality on some songs. WOW! Might not be listening to my CDs and LPs much anymore. And no more FM.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Picked up a pair of 1984-1996 KEF Reference 104/2 speakers for $320. These are later production as they do have the rubber surrounds on the 4 internal woofers but lack the dual binding posts of the last year or two.

They need the "donuts" replaced and ferro fluid in the tweeters changed. I'll have both from Midwest Speaker Repair tomorrow and will finish that.

They are a gift for my woodworker son. He has a full 7.1 surround system of KEF Q500/Q200C/Q800ds/Q100, but also a separate 2 channel system with Emotiva USP-1 pre-amp and matching UPA-1 power amp and Boston Acoustics C260 speakers. I'm pretty sure these, in restored condition, will easily out-perform those C260's.

Attachments

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Three yrs late to the party…
PS5 should be here tomorrow (FFxvi bundle, on sale), along with an expansion SSD (Samsung 990, 2tb) and a Ruipro certified 8k HDMI cable.

Too bad I’ll still need to buy an Xbox to play Starfield. Fcuk Microsoft! :mad:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Eh, I played it for five minutes and turned it off. I haven't got that kind of patience anymore. So, back to Gears 5 Horde mode I went to blow away monsters.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
The NFL Sunday ticket on You Tube. Here we go Steelers here we go!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Eh, I played it for five minutes and turned it off. I haven't got that kind of patience anymore. So, back to Gears 5 Horde mode I went to blow away monsters.
I'm a Bethesda junky since Fallout 3. *shrugs
They keep spinning the rumor that perhaps ES6 will come out on PS, but I don't see Microsoft giving it up if they don't have to. :rolleyes:

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Gents,

I just couldn't resist this Klipsch R121SW Subwoofer.

After reading James Larson's Review way back in January, I thought I'd keep an eye on a local auction site where Best Buy sells their returns. This was the first one I'd seen where I could bid, and I got it half an hour ago for less than $122 US ($165 CAD). IMHO that's a steal even if I don't really know where I'm going to put it :eek:

What makes it go for such a low price is it has to be be picked up at their local warehouse in Langley, BC about half an hour away, which I think puts folks off. Almost always on the Subs and larger Speakers they state pick-up, rather than shipping, which they reserve for smaller items.

I'm now debating on trying to get a pair of Klipsch R-820F which they are auctioning off individually 5 days apart. (Weird?)

Anyway, I know this isn't the best Sub out there but even though I was looking at a RSL Speedwoofer 12S, the price here in Canada would be well over $1,000 and I'd never get that by the Misses.

I think I'll blame this purchase all on @shadyJ ! ;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Gents,

I just couldn't resist this Klipsch R121SW Subwoofer.

After reading James Larson's Review way back in January, I thought I'd keep an eye on a local auction site where Best Buy sells their returns. This was the first one I'd seen where I could bid, and I got it half an hour ago for less than $122 US ($165 CAD). IMHO that's a steal even if I don't really know where I'm going to put it :eek:

What makes it go for such a low price is it has to be be picked up at their local warehouse in Langley, BC about half an hour away, which I think puts folks off. Almost always on the Subs and larger Speakers they state pick-up, rather than shipping, which they reserve for smaller items.

I'm now debating on trying to get a pair of Klipsch R-820F which they are auctioning off individually 5 days apart. (Weird?)

Anyway, I know this isn't the best Sub out there but even though I was looking at a RSL Speedwoofer 12S, the price here in Canada would be well over $1,000 and I'd never get that by the Misses.

I think I'll blame this purchase all on @shadyJ ! ;)
Wow, that is a steal! Congrats Jim. I wonder if they have similar auctions in the London or GTA area?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis