Zack Snyder’s “Rebel Moon” movie franchise on Netflix

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
From the writers of John Wick 3, John Wick 4, 300, 300 Rise of an Empire, Atomic Blonde, Acts of Valor, Watchmen, Batman V Superman, and Justice League, I am hoping this new franchise will be the next Star Wars before they screwed SW up. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The trailer looks like huge mess of stories, characters, fantastical creatures, and spaceships(?) . I have very low expectations of this

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Zack was good before, but his more recent offerings haven't been as good. This looks like Game of Thrones + Dune + Hunger Games rolled into one. Willing to give it a shot though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Zack was good before, but his more recent offerings haven't been as good. This looks like Game of Thrones + Dune + Hunger Games rolled into one. Willing to give it a shot though.
I am putting my theory to the test - that good writers can make anything good. So will see how my theory holds up. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Can we guess how long the movies are going to be? I'm going 3 hours each. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Isn't it time for an everything sandwich? ;) :D

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
The hell with all this Star Wars crap....just watch a pro at work.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is that a scientific theory?:D
Mathematically. It’s like if A=C and B=C, then A must also equal B. :D

More like common sense. I’ve seen enough of crappy writers associated with the worst movies and TV series and great writers associated with the good movies and TV series. And the worst directors (like Patty Jenkins, Michael Bay, George Lucas) can still make good movies if the movies are written by good writers.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Mathematically. It’s like if A=C and B=C, then A must also equal B. :D

More like common sense. I’ve seen enough of crappy writers associated with the worst movies and TV series and great writers associated with the good movies and TV series. And the worst directors (like Patty Jenkins, Michael Bay, George Lucas) can still make good movies if the movies are written by good writers.
whoa, whoa, whoa! back the truck up! I would keep George Lucas off the list. First half of his career was the bomb! second half was not as great, but I wouldn't call it a complete disaster. He's definitely not on a worst directors list.

Patty Jenkins doesn't have enough movies under her belt to fully say she's one of the worst. She has Wonder Woman and Monster. Which Monster went on to to win some Oscars. She's also directed some episodes to some popular shows on different networks.

Michael Bay in the 90's was some of the best Bay we've ever had. Recently his stuff hasn't been that great, but I wouldn't call him the worst. He knows what he likes and we all know what to expect from a Bay movie. They're over the top action packed popcorn flicks.

A Director like Dennis Dugan would be on "worst directors" list. He did the Grownups Movies, Jack and Jill, You don't mess with Zohan. So he works with Adam Sandler a lot.

Uwe Boll is another director that should be on the list for one of the worst directors ever. Just look up his "oscar" winning movies! :p

This new movie from Snyder looks massive in scale. Supposedly he's been writing it for a while. So if you enjoy movies written, directed and produced by Snyder, than I suspect you will enjoy this extravaganza. From the trailer it looks like a lot is going on. I just hope he was able to get the budget and time to make sure it turns out great. :D

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uwe Boll for sure. That guy shouldn't be getting people coffee on a movie set, let alone directing.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
whoa, whoa, whoa! back the truck up! I would keep George Lucas off the list. First half of his career was the bomb! second half was not as great, but I wouldn't call it a complete disaster. He's definitely not on a worst directors list.

Patty Jenkins doesn't have enough movies under her belt to fully say she's one of the worst. She has Wonder Woman and Monster. Which Monster went on to to win some Oscars. She's also directed some episodes to some popular shows on different networks.

Michael Bay in the 90's was some of the best Bay we've ever had. Recently his stuff hasn't been that great, but I wouldn't call him the worst. He knows what he likes and we all know what to expect from a Bay movie. They're over the top action packed popcorn flicks.

A Director like Dennis Dugan would be on "worst directors" list. He did the Grownups Movies, Jack and Jill, You don't mess with Zohan. So he works with Adam Sandler a lot.

Uwe Boll is another director that should be on the list for one of the worst directors ever. Just look up his "oscar" winning movies! :p

This new movie from Snyder looks massive in scale. Supposedly he's been writing it for a while. So if you enjoy movies written, directed and produced by Snyder, than I suspect you will enjoy this extravaganza. From the trailer it looks like a lot is going on. I just hope he was able to get the budget and time to make sure it turns out great. :D
Yeah, I was being a bit harsh. Lucas wrote SW Episodes IV, V, and VI, which were all pretty great. Then somehow did a 180 and wrote Episodes I, II, and III, which were all pretty stupid.

Just makes me wonder how that happened. But I guess he could have just loss a ton of brain cells with aging. :D

My point with Michael Bay is that he is only Director/Producer, not a writer. So if he gets a great screenplay, then his movies will turn out great. But if he gets a dumb writer, then his movies will turn out bad.

Patty Jenkins only wrote 2 movies - Monster and Wonder Woman 1984. How can you go from being a good writer (Monster) to being one of the worst writers (WW1984)? Only 2 movies, but just not good percentages (50% good).

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah, I was being a bit harsh. Lucas wrote SW Episodes IV, V, and VI, which were all pretty great. Then somehow did a 180 and wrote Episodes I, II, and III, which were all pretty stupid.

Just makes me wonder how that happened. But I guess he could have just loss a ton of brain cells with aging. :D

My point with Michael Bay is that he is only Director/Producer, not a writer. So if he gets a great screenplay, then his movies will turn out great. But if he gets a dumb writer, then his movies will turn out bad.
Very true. Which I can see why Patty Jenkins is a big question mark. Looking at her credentials, she wrote the script for Monster, but didn't write for the first Wonder Woman. Then wrote the script for the second WW and it tanked. She might need to go back to writing drama's.

It's funny, George Lucas would spend one year writing each script for Episodes 1-3. One year writing, one year making the movie. I think he was so obsessed with what he could do graphically(CGI) in his movies that instead of writing a great script for each movie, he spent time thinking of ways to incorporate something CGI into each scene so he didn't have to create a top tier script. I mean, I could be wrong. Just a thought. :D

He killed it in his younger years with Original Star Wars, THX-1138 and American Graffiti.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Monster was based on true events though. WW84 obviously not.

I liked bits and pieces of the SW Prequels, but overall they were not great. Money, age and a company that was looking for merchandising and ticket sales over making films that would stand the test of time like the first three. The first of the "new" SW films was garbage, the other two were OK; better than the prequels.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

I liked bits and pieces of the SW Prequels, but overall they were not great. Money, age and a company that was looking for merchandising and ticket sales over making films that would stand the test of time like the first three. The first of the "new" SW films was garbage, the other two were OK; better than the prequels.
The one thing out of all the piles of crap that were the last 3 SW films that is completely unforgivable was that they never had the original cast in the same scene. That was such a mistake.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic

I thought the prequels were bad. Then they made the sequels. The prequels look like goddamn Oscar worthy masterpieces compared to the sequels. They were 3 of the worst movies I've seen. Full stop. Such garbage.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the prequels were bad. Then they made the sequels. The prequels look like goddamn Oscar worthy masterpieces compared to the sequels. They were 3 of the worst movies I've seen. Full stop. Such garbage.
I saw the prequels in the theater. I kept wondering why I kept going to see them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis