j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
that's crazy for Ford knows damn well when two dissimilar metals meet, corrosion follows, basic metallurgy.
I was thinking the same thing. Aftermarket bumper!! Or powdercoat that one, then it can't make contact and will never rust.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Stuff like that is why I'm not a Ford fan. It's little things that annoy me, but that's another conversation.

My neighbor had an Echoboost in his f-150 and his motor crapped out at 120k. It was the turbos too. That's apparently what happens with the Echoboost motors at some point. Turbos die, replace motor.
Its not just Ford, Audi, and Mercedes note their turbo life is around 125-150 k miles. Porsche seems to feel they can get 80k out of theirs. All I know non turbo cars and trucks last a lot longer and are cheaper to replace. And that is what worries me about these NEW cars, turbos everywhere.

Even some of the hybrids have turbos on little engines that could. And now they are taking about the electrification of turbos. Garrett Turbos is looking into this. The addition of an electric motor to the turbine shaft ( E-Turbo) allows two key functions. At low engine speeds, it can be powered to generate boost, eliminating turbo lag and improving throttle response. https://www.garrettmotion.com/electric-hybrid/garrett-e-turbo/

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I was thinking the same thing. Aftermarket bumper!! Or powdercoat that one, then it can't make contact and will never rust.
That's what I'm looking at. Find good one at a junk yard, have it stripped and coated with the proper paint code and also put rubber gaskets or plastic spacers on re-installation..

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
That's what I'm looking at. Find good one at a junk yard, have it stripped and coated with the proper paint code and also put rubber gaskets or plastic spacers on re-installation..
Chris. I know that in the trailer industry when aluminum trailer frames meet their steel axle assemblies a plastic 'gasket' is sandwiched between the two, nuts and bolts a often galvanized

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
While a turbo is another part that can fail, you have to take into consideration how efficient some of these new motors are. It's crazy the MPG they can get with a small, but still somewhat powerful motor.

The turbo on my truck has at least 220k miles on it. It's not showing any signs of needing to be replaced. It will though. Someday.
I'm still amazed at the highway mpg the Supra can get. 32-35mpg in a ~400hp car is nuts. It's better mileage than I got in my 4 cylinder 98 Accord!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm still amazed at the highway mpg the Supra can get. 32-35mpg in a ~400hp car is nuts. It's better mileage than I got in my 4 cylinder 98 Accord!
That's exactly what I'm talking about. That MPG is crazy for that HP, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to get it up to speed, then cruise.

How many gears do you have?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
EV due to global warming, fossil fuel depletion, or both?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
EV due to global warming, fossil fuel depletion, or both?
Gas prices, as in oil conglomerates basically charging whatever they want, when they want. Pollution has more effects than just global warming, but that is ultimately the big one that everyone can plainly feel right now. Fossil fuel depletion will go definitely down, but not away, so why not at least try to help those resources stick around?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
That's exactly what I'm talking about. That MPG is crazy for that HP, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to get it up to speed, then cruise.

How many gears do you have?
Eight.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I figured something like that. That's how my wife's Durango is. Granted, it's much slower, but still gets great MPG with the 8 speed.

I'd love to put a 6.4 Hemi in it when the drivetrain warranty is done. That should get me almost 200 more HP. The only thing missing at that point would be AWD, but I'd be better off buying a new vehicle at that point.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Was watching S1 of 21 Jump Street. I was trying to remember the car. Depp says it was a '68 mustang, but wasn't it '67??? Anyway sadly it was destroyed in the Hollywood Hills years back during an earthquake. :(
1692404953317.png

1692405008383.png

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
While getting tires for the wifes Lexus yesterday, took a test drive in the Genesis GV80.

Very enjoyable to drive, very comfortable. The Genesis GV-80, wow nice ride and it comes in a 4 - seat option ( that's cool when you just don't need all of those seats that will never ever be used.) Had a little harsh ride with the larger wheels, you feel a little more of the bumps in the road, some like that, some don't. Fit and finish well above par. I did notice some wind noise from the sunroof at highway speeds, but that could be just an adjustement as this was a demo.. With some of these prices one would maybe look at a BMW X5 or competition from rivals like the Audi Q8, Mercedes-Benz GLE Class, and Volvo XC90. Been the Bimmer route, not again. Nice SUV. Fun day.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
For 300k? Nah, can’t imagine a mustang I’d spend that on. C8 is more exciting, for less.
I will say this. It looks pretty badass.
It's basically a purpose built race car using the mustang shell. Different trans, wheels, suspension, carbon fiber everywhere. This thing is going to be an absolute beast on track.

Edited to add: It is definitely a lot of money, and more expensive than a 911 GT3 RS, which I'm not really sure it would be faster/better than.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm actually quite amazed at the efficiency of the Supra platform when I leave it in normal mode. Around town I am getting 24+ mpg, and on highway stints it can easily achieve 33+ mpg. Of course, it doesn't make all the fun noises when in normal mode, but I think it's an acceptable trade off for daily driving.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It's basically a purpose built race car using the mustang shell. Different trans, wheels, suspension, carbon fiber everywhere. This thing is going to be an absolute beast on track.

Edited to add: It is definitely a lot of money, and more expensive than a 911 GT3 RS, which I'm not really sure it would be faster/better than.
My kid told me it’s kind of a skunk works thing. Like how the GT isn’t really much of a ford either. I’d probably choose the gt3, or vette if I was shopping anywhere near that range. I have a pro-touring first gen Camaro, so I’m good. It’s not in the same league, but it’s pretty damn good.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My kid told me it’s kind of a skunk works thing. Like how the GT isn’t really much of a ford either. I’d probably choose the gt3, or vette if I was shopping anywhere near that range. I have a pro-touring first gen Camaro, so I’m good. It’s not in the same league, but it’s pretty damn good.
Correct, as for the GT, it was not built by 'Ford union workers'. Great car, purpose built, did it's 'thing' and now it's gone ........ The pricing of this 'stang , twice that of a C8 ZO6, is a joke IMO.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have a pro-touring first gen Camaro, so I’m good. It’s not in the same league, but it’s pretty damn good.
We've had a couple well executed first and second gen Camaros show up at our local 'coffee & car' gatherings. They all bring back the great memories of my youth and the early days of the Trans Am series

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis