GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You might want to re-check the details WRT damage- look at what's left of Portland, OR as an example. Also, it's not just the physical damage that's harmful to a city- the whole population of the surrounding area experiences it.

I searched using 'cities where BLM and ANTIFA did the most damage' and found many links but, rather than be crapped on for picking something that some won't like, I'll let you search.
We have already beaten that topic to pieces in these forums. I don't see any point in doing it again.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
We have already beaten that topic to pieces in these forums. I don't see any point in doing it again.
Then, why post such a low amount for the damage? It hasn't stopped- protests are still happening and damage continues, physical and otherwise. Damage from rioting isn't like a light switch that can be turned on and off. Many cities have seen a drastic increase in various crimes because there's no fear of consequences, they don't give a shyte about anyone and because they need money or want the thrills.

Also, car thieves are becoming more high tech- some models can be stolen by removing a headlight and tapping into the CAN bus. This is part of the problem, but the high tech thefts are a subset.

jinjuku

jinjuku

An what did CNN do? They fired the person who gave her the questions.

Why did FOX fire Carlson? It doesn't appear to be because of his blatant lies about election fraud. It wasn't because he has advocated an invasion of the US's closest ally. In other words, FOX doesn't care a whit about accuracy or bat$hit crazy suggestions.

No, you're not excusing FOX. You appear to be saying that they're all the same.
I don't 'appear' to be saying anything other than what I've said, I said in plain English. Carlson, Fox, CNN, Lemon, Steltzer, etc all all paying their individual prices.

My issue is you think I picked the only bad spot in an otherwise healthy apple WRT CNN. I'll remind you that you are the one that think examples can not be made. Just want to point your hypocrisy out.

highfigh

highfigh

And some BLM protests causing $40 million on damages were portrayed as 'mostly peaceful'. So there is a lot of paint available apparently.

I'm happy that Fox got their comeuppins. I'm glad opinion pundits in journalist clothing are getting exited on seemingly all fronts. It's a good start.

I think the focus on comparing platitudes vs the real problem is just more heads up asses douchery.
As I mistakenly wrote to GO-NAD, you might want to look into that cost from the damages- it's a helluva lot more.

jinjuku

jinjuku

As I mistakenly wrote to GO-NAD, you might want to look into that cost from the damages- it's a helluva lot more.
I did say it was just for the Kenosha riot. And to Go-NAD and Trell it's not hyperbole to use the word riot for what happened in Kenosha. It was 100% a total breakdown in societal order.

The Cleveland riot cost $6.3 million.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Moral of the story is people on the right wanted the left to report the vandalism during the riots. Then Jan 6th came and they were silent. I'm not seeing any winners on this one.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Moral of the story is people on the right wanted the left to report the vandalism during the riots. Then Jan 6th came and they were silent. I'm not seeing any winners on this one.
But there where reporting of vandalism so exactly what are you trying to say? Should one only report on the vandalism and ignore the protests?

You posted a similar question of how the "right" was upset with the reporting, and I posted a reply earlier in this thread about that with fact checks:

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

This is spot on. Sauce, gander, goose, and all that.

People on the left wanted the riots reported as mostly peaceful protest and the Jan 6th as a coup attempt.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I don't 'appear' to be saying anything other than what I've said, I said in plain English. Carlson, Fox, CNN, Lemon, Steltzer, etc all all paying their individual prices.

My issue is you think I picked the only bad spot in an otherwise healthy apple WRT CNN. I'll remind you that you are the one that think examples can not be made. Just want to point your hypocrisy out.
My issue is that in a thread about Carlson, you bring up firings at CNN, implying that there is an equivalence between them. Stelter was fired for being too liberal. Lemon was apparently (the reason has not been confirmed, as far as I can tell) fired for being misogynistic and ageist. I never claimed that CNN and there on-air personalities are as pure as the driven snow.

Meanwhile, FOX apparently fires Carlson for his misogyny, as well. Why Did Fox News Fire Tucker Carlson? What We Know (nymag.com)
While that's a good reason to ditch him, the fact that it didn't include his absolute pants-on-fire lies on air speaks volumes. In other words, FOX doesn't care or actively encourages such blatant crimes against journalism, as long as it brings back MAGA viewers.

And that is what makes this firing different from the others. If I'm being a hypocrite, I guess they changed the definition.

jinjuku

jinjuku

But there where reporting of vandalism so exactly what are you trying to say? Should one only report on the vandalism and ignore the protests?

You posted a similar question of how the "right" was upset with the reporting, and I posted a reply earlier in this thread about that with fact checks:

No. Just take the bias spin out of it. Vandalism isn't tens of millions of $ of damages. People were hurt, killed, raging infernos set...

CNN is also guilty of purposefully sitting on the a crank head's laptop.

I want all news orgs to do better. I can't turn on NPR (10 year supporter) with out it being the DEI channel and everything is a 'ist' or 'phobic' conspiracy it seems.

Fox could use a good cleaning out across the board. They are like Trump: You had ONE job to do.

jinjuku

jinjuku

My issue is that in a thread about Carlson, you bring up firings at CNN, implying that there is an equivalence between them. Stelter was fired for being too liberal. Lemon was apparently (the reason has not been confirmed, as far as I can tell) fired for being misogynistic and ageist. I never claimed that CNN and there on-air personalities are as pure as the driven snow.

Meanwhile, FOX apparently fires Carlson for his misogyny, as well. Why Did Fox News Fire Tucker Carlson? What We Know (nymag.com)
While that's a good reason to ditch him, the fact that it didn't include his absolute pants-on-fire lies on air speaks volumes. In other words, FOX doesn't care or actively encourages such blatant crimes against journalism, as long as it brings back MAGA viewers.

And that is what makes this firing different from the others. If I'm being a hypocrite, I guess they changed the definition.
Sigh. I want journalist standards back across the board.

I'm not interested hard turd vs diarrhea sandwich argument about which one is worse.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@ski2xblack

Thanks for posting that hilarious video of the red-bearded guy who seemed so very butt-hurt over Carlson's firing. However, it does make me wonder if that was for real, or staged for laughs. I've known more than a few people who could convince you they were crying. Being on Twitter didn't help.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This is spot on. Sauce, gander, goose, and all that.

People on the left wanted the riots reported as mostly peaceful protest and the Jan 6th as a coup attempt.
No I'm saying the rights extent of the reporting on the 6th was Tucker's "Patriot Purge." They were not going to explore that the president may have had knowledge the day might get violent.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No. Just take the bias spin out of it. Vandalism isn't tens of millions of $ of damages. People were hurt, killed, raging infernos set...

CNN is also guilty of purposefully sitting on the a crank head's laptop.

I want all news orgs to do better. I can't turn on NPR (10 year supporter) with out it being the DEI channel and everything is a 'ist' or 'phobic' conspiracy it seems.

Fox could use a good cleaning out across the board. They are like Trump: You had ONE job to do.
Sigh. I want journalist standards back across the board.

I'm not interested hard turd vs diarrhea sandwich argument about which one is worse.
Getting "just the facts" from all news sources isn't terribly informative, as context is important. But, since every journalist is a human being, context will be coloured by their inherent bias. Some are more biased than others.

This chart will tell you how biased your favorite news source is - Big Think

highfigh

highfigh

I did say it was just for the Kenosha riot. And to Go-NAD and Trell it's not hyperbole to use the word riot for what happened in Kenosha. It was 100% a total breakdown in societal order.

The Cleveland riot cost $6.3 million.
Have you seen Kenosha? $40M is a lot of damage, especially since it was concentrated where it was.

An area not far from me had an estimated 5000 protesters who were so peaceful that they broke into a pot store (how unexpected!), drove across yards when streets were blocked, trashed/disabled a squad car and stole the rifle & ammo that was inside. The rest of the damage came in the loss of peace in the area. Happy to say that they left the guitar shop alone but I'm a bit surprised they didn't break into the liquor store 100 feet to the South. What kind of party was that? :) They then went North and headed West, then North- the plan for the ones in cars was to go to the nearby mall and do whatever they thought they could get away with, but since they posted these plans on social media, the police saw it. When the cars showed up, all of the street level entrances were blocked by concrete barriers and squad cars from our city, three or four neighboring communities and an APC from West Allis, which had been in the area where they were driving on peoples' lawns. When they arrived at the mall and saw that their path was blocked, they basically decided, "Or, not". They attempted this on three consecutive nights and were turned away each time. If they had caused heavy damage to the mall, I wouldn't have been surprised if the owners had closed it because the previous owners had borrowed from AIG and at the point where they no longer saw it as viable, went to AIG and gave it to them. AIG has since spent a ton of money on it in hopes of turning it around but the problems at that mall and in the area continue.

By comparison, after a 23 year old Black man was killed by a Black cop, that area went effing ballistic. They burned and looted a gas station, liquor store, cars, a wig shop and did a lot of damage. The victim, and I believe he was, knew the cop- they had gone to the same high school and knew each other. The cop was later arrested and convicted of sexual assault and if the victim knew about it before, I could believe that he was shot in order to keep it from being known.

The victim's sister, OTOH, showed how she thinks by saying "Burning down s-hit ain’t going to help nothing!" she continued. "Y’all burning down s-hit we need in our community. Take that s-hit to the suburbs. Burn that s-hit down! We need our s-hit! We need our weaves. I don’t wear it. But we need it."- this is a quote from the link.

If I had been there when she said this, I would have explained that she's totally ignorant of the fact that they've been taking that s-hit to the suburbs for 50 years.

BTW- the suburbs here are loaded with Democrats, so thinking that it's all Republicans is a mistake.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
@ski2xblack

Thanks for posting that hilarious video of the red-bearded guy who seemed so very butt-hurt over Carlson's firing. However, it does make me wonder if that was for real, or staged for laughs. I've known more than a few people who could convince you they were crying. Being on Twitter didn't help.
It was staged. Brent Terhune is most definitely not a Carlson fan. Maybe his humour is too subtle for some people.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It's a good day for the human race when a piece of $hit like Tucker Carlson gets shut up (for a short while).
All this talk of protests and riots and damage is unrelated.
Might as well bring up what's left of Philly after an Eagles win or loss. I heard losing to KC in the Super Bowl sent them back to the Stone Age.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… Meanwhile, FOX apparently fires Carlson for his misogyny, as well. Why Did Fox News Fire Tucker Carlson? What We Know (nymag.com)
I've been wondering what Carlson did to get singled out and fired in such a public manner.
  • Tucker Carlson made or repeated numerous lies about Trump, Covid-19, Jan. 6, and other subjects during his 14 years on Faux. But so did many others on Faux, most of whom have not been fired.
  • Carlson was racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and more. Again, there was nothing he said that others on Faux hadn't been saying for a long time.
  • Carlson admitted in text messages to others (Sean Hannity & Laura Ingraham) that his on-air statements (concerning the dominion Voting Systems, big election fraud, and Jan 6 lies) directly opposed his personal & private opinions. He admitted in writing that he was lying on-the-air. Those texts were certainly on Faux management's radar. Those texts directly hurt them in the Dominion lawsuit, and will continue to hurt them in the upcoming Smartmatic case – not to mention how it hurt Faux in public opinion.
  • In one of Carlson's texts, he also asked if Faux management (ie Rupert Murdoch) knew or understood how much their position on the events of Jan 6 hurt them. It was as if he was questioning Murdoch's judgement.
I believe, those last two points made Carlson's quick & ignominious firing a sure thing. He exposed his boss to major liability and questioned his judgment – in writing. Rupert Murdoch may or may not be a ruthless megalomaniac, but I've known other bosses who were thin-skinned enough to fire people on the spot for as much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis