Back again & finally ready to pull the trigger... Help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might check advantages of 1/3 or 2/3 seating position in a room vs 1/2.....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes! I thought about going with all in-wall fronts and an acoustically transparent screen, but on the wall I'm using not the one you're suggesting. The coach really is dictating the space.. it's not an ideal theatre seating arrangement but my family is a big fan of it and it cost about 13k... so I'm not read to part with it yet.
Thanks. I fully understand. Let us know how it goes when all is installed, 11.2.4

jcbower

jcbower

Enthusiast
At the very least you can gain back some money by retuning the fraudioquest cable.
I also have the RSL c34e’s and they’ve been excellent for me. Can’t beat the price, but not sure about getting them to Canada.
On the cables front.. the fraudioquest ones are already in the wall.. so no turning back now even if they were a waste of money. What's your opinion on long sub cable runs and cable suggestions?

Because of front wall real estate and room layout I'll likely want the two subs in the back corners opposite each other. Doing so would require a 35ft run to one and a 50ft run to the other. Is this ok? I see amazons basics has 50ft runs of RCA sub cable for like $20? Open to suggestions! thanks!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
On the cables front.. the fraudioquest ones are already in the wall.. so no turning back now even if they were a waste of money. What's your opinion on long sub cable runs and cable suggestions?

Because of front wall real estate and room layout I'll likely want the two subs in the back corners opposite each other. Doing so would require a 35ft run to one and a 50ft run to the other. Is this ok? I see amazons basics has 50ft runs of RCA sub cable for like $20? Open to suggestions! thanks!
I’ve used long runs of regular subwoofer cable, at least 50’. The problem I had with it was my dear ol neighbors HaMM radio would come through my(at the time) rear corner placed subs. I had my local av shop terminate some RG-6 with RCA terminals and it worked great. I think that one 50’ section was 12 bucks. It’s not quite as pliable, but it is very tough.
Yeah, cable’s already installed, no reason to change it.
So yeah. I think the Amazon cable would work. Unless there’s a hamm operator in the neighborhood. Lol

jcbower

jcbower

Enthusiast
I’ve used long runs of regular subwoofer cable, at least 50’. The problem I had with it was my dear ol neighbors HaMM radio would come through my(at the time) rear corner placed subs. I had my local av shop terminate some RG-6 with RCA terminals and it worked great. I think that one 50’ section was 12 bucks. It’s not quite as pliable, but it is very tough.
Yeah, cable’s already installed, no reason to change it.
So yeah. I think the Amazon cable would work. Unless there’s a hamm operator in the neighborhood. Lol
Thanks for the quick reply! The guy that ran my RJ45 runs in the house works for a local cable company. He likely has some RG-6 laying around. Will likely get that done.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis