What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Last one of these for a little while. They're a bit pricey as compared to most releases. I gotta say though...I'm hooked. They sound just otherworldly good.
Eagle_OnTheBorder-Ultradisc.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought an "original" Rabbit corkscrew, used it to open a bottle of Australian "Rabbit & Spaghetti" wine! :D

IMG_4594.JPG

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Best Buy 4K Insignia 58 smart TV. About the biggest TV my av stand could handle. Replaced a 49 that I moved into the bedroom. Sitting around 8 feet from the tv and I'm very happy so far.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I bought this. It'll be sometime next week that I see it in the flesh, so for now I'll just have to drool over the pictures.

G

gimpy

Audioholic Intern
Black Friday at Halloween, I bought a Klipsch sub woofer, R121SW. It replaced my 15 inch diy sub that had not worked in some time.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It arrived last evening, my new-to-me Luxman PD-121U turntable with SME 3009R tonearm. It is unreal. It weighs probably 3 times what the outgoing Kenwood KD-4100 weighs, and it noticeably quieter and oh, so smooth! Love this thing. I may need to earn an engineering degree to figure out how to fine-tune the tonearm, but I got it playing.

Attachments

Last edited:
rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
Sony Bravia XR-75X95K got installed yesterday (wall mount) replacing a 13 1/2 year old 60 inch Pioneer Kuro PRO-141FD display.

Extremely pleased with it. SDR is so much brighter now (no doubt the Plasma had lost at least 40% of its brightness due to age).

Black levels are outstanding. Only if I go right up to the display (within two feet) can you begin to see some blooming. Is the display as inky black as an OLED? No. I estimate though it's at least 95% which is close enough. The extra brightness (this miniLED TV has a peak brightness over twice that of a standard OLED) is so much more beneficial to have.

First thing I did though was to go into its settings to enable proper cinema viewing. Turned off motion interpolation, set proper D65 whitepoint, etc.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added a few movies - "The Long Voyage Home" replaces a VHS tape, "The Naked City" Blu-ray Criterion replaces a DVD.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 10.50.39 AM.png

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Recently updated my household Bar Tools with A Bar Above gear:
New Boston Shaker Set
Julep Strainer
Bar Spoons
Diamond Cut Mixing Glass
Bell Jigger

Also an Oxo Hawthorne Strainer.

Solid gear. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Recently updated my household Bar Tools with A Bar Above gear:
New Boston Shaker Set
Julep Strainer
Bar Spoons
Diamond Cut Mixing Glass
Bell Jigger

Also an Oxo Hawthorne Strainer.

Solid gear. :)
Nice. I'd love to see a pic of your bar with the spirits on display.:)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Nice. I'd love to see a pic of your bar with the spirits on display.:)
Bar consists of a cabinet with a butcher-board top which has many other things on top... including my Espresso gear. The Spirits are mostly in the cabinet except a few that I keep in my closet. :)

I do have a fantasy of building a Dry Bar to put in a spot next to the kitchen/"dinette" area. That may still be a ways out. *shrugs We'll see. ;)

G

gimpy

Audioholic Intern
Nice. I'd like to see a Pic of it, too. What espresso gear do you have?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Nice. I'd like to see a Pic of it, too. What espresso gear do you have?
I use a Rancillio Miss Sylvia and a Lelit Fred grinder. A good scale and a Reg Barber Tamper take up some real estate, too. :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had sniped a minty looking Luxman PD-171A turntable off eBay late last week. Sunday I got in my car and drove 650 miles to my brother in Durham NC. Monday I drove over the Waxhaw NC and packed up this TT, had lunch in that town with an old motorcycling friend who rode his new bike up from South Carolina, then got back into Durham with enough time that my brother and I could visit his pals record shop. Drove back yesterday

A GREAT weekend, and a tremendously good turntable. Jaw-dropping sound, and for less than what my outgoing E.A.T. C-Major turntable costs today without a cartridge!

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis